Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sleithir the Reef Warden (Strongest Teamfighter - Initiator/Disable/Durable)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Sleithir the Reef Warden (Strongest Teamfighter - Initiator/Disable/Durable) 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 28, 2014 11:04pm | Report

Sleithir the Reef Warden

This hero is crated with the idea to make the best teamfighter in dota. Of course, this is always relative and I can't say if this hero is always the best teamfighter in every situation. However, this is how my idea of the best teamfighter is.

This hero specializes in initiating battle with a skill similar to Waveform, charging into the fight after doubling the number of enemy units with his third skill. His first skill is capable of making himself immune to magic for a short duration and disabling units hit based on the number of units affected. After initiating, using his second skill he can silence and disarm enemy units. However, with his ulti, he can render all enemies to be in their weakest and hopeless (cannot be healed), while increasing his party's power (multiply regen).

This hero is by no mean easy, considering how he is a strength hero and how he needs extremely high MP. This is the kind of hero that needs to be a bit greedy, even if they are skill dependant.

Statistics

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Initiator, Disabler, Durable

Str: 90 at 25 (23 + 2.8/level)
Agi: 57 at 25 (16+ 1.7/level)
Int: 85 at 25 (25 + 2.5/level)

Health: 1860 at 25
MP: 1105 at 25
Armor: 14.5 (6.35 base armor + 8.15) at 25
Movement: 290
Range: 100 (Melee)

Lore

Sleithir was the most respected and powerful warden of the Dark Reef; he has held a record for guarding the most dangerous and cunning criminals of the Deeps, and let none escape in the hundreds years of his service. One day, he has heard of a secret plan by the infamous dozen of the Dark Reef. He has placed traps in the loopholes of the plans and he was confident that he would break this plan like any other plans. His plan unraveled perfectly, and all the dozen was either killed or captured.

What even Sleithir didn't know was the thirteenth escapee, uncaught and unnoticed until it was too late. This incident scarred Sleithir's honor greatly and now he spent every waking hour training his own set of abilities to bring all escapees, especially the escapee of Dark Reef back to prison, where they belong and not to let them get away anymore.

After years of training and continuing his record in the Dark Reef, he heard a rumor of the escapee sighted on the surface. Quickly, he stripped himself of his rank and decided to walk among the men of the surface. With his newfound set of abilities, he swore an eternal life of chasing the escapee and putting him back where he belongs, while also capturing criminals in the surface. Soon, the name Sleithir the Reef Warden is heard and feared by all criminals in the surface.

Skills

[Q] Tidal Wave: Sleithir calls upon a tidal wave and ride it, moving in 600 points speed until he reaches the target point. The radius of the wave changes each level, and by each unit hit (all illusions counted as normal unit), Sleithir receives magic immunity for short duration. Enemy units hit by this wave will be stunned for half the total magic immunity duration after the spell ends. The wave will pass through impassable terrain and destroy trees on the path.

- 600 range, 150 points radius. 0.1 second per unit (0.2/hero)
- 700 range, 200 points radius, 0.1 seconds per unit (0.3/hero)
- 800 range, 250 points radius, 0.1 seconds per unit (0.4/hero)
- 900 range, 300 points radius, 0.1 seconds per unit (0.5/hero)

Type: Target Point
Affect: Enemy Units

MP Cost: 150/160/170/180
Cool Down: 15 seconds

What is a better way to quickly seize prisoners than riding the wave?

[W] Coercion: The Reef Warden abnormal charisma strikes fear into all unit in certain radius from target unit, dealing damage and forcing them into silence (if heroes) and disarm (if creeps/illusions) for certain duration. If enemy heroes are within 250 points radius from silenced/disarmed units for more than 2 seconds accumulated time, they will get damaged, silenced and disarmed for half the duration and amount, even if they have been stricken by this skill initially.

- 250 radius, 90 damage, 2.5 seconds silence and disarm
- 300 radius, 150 damage, 3 seconds silence and disarm
- 350 radius, 210 damage, 3.5 seconds silence and disarm
- 400 radius, 270 damage, 4 seconds silence and disarm

Type: Target Unit

MP Cost: 135/140/145/150
Cool Down: 12 seconds
Cast Range: 100/200/300/400 points

There is a reason why the Dark Reef is inescapable. This.

[E] Mass Divide: The Reef Warden uses the mass for his advantage, dividing the mass against themselves, literally. This skill creates an illusion for all enemy units within certain radius from Sleithir. These illusions will only attack their original units with 10% damage. However, with every hit landed the original units will have their attack and movement speed slowed, while reducing their damage. The illusions are not affected to physical attacks, but are treated by Sleithir and his teammates as active enemy units and can be affected by magic. The illusions will have 1.5 seconds interval attack speed (not BAT, but fix attack speed), despite the attack speed of the original units (however, can still be affected by positive/negative buff and auras). The slow and damage reduction lasts for the same duration as the illusion duration after illusions end.

- 300 points radius, 3 seconds duration. 10% slow and 10% base damage
- 500 points radius, 3.5 seconds duration. 12% slow and 15% base damage
- 600 points radius, 4 seconds duration. 18% slow and 25% base damage
- 800 points radius, 4.5 seconds duration. 20% slow and 30% base damage

Type: No Target

MP Cost: 185
Cool Down: 30 seconds

No riots will and has ever succeed in the Dark Reef

[R] Dark Reef: Sleithir materializes his memory of the Dark Reef on the surface, summoning waves of water that traps every unit inside a circle radius. Inside this radius, all enemy heroes regeneration and recoveries reduces their HP or their MP instead. This damage is pure, and is credited to Sleithir. All heroes (allied and enemies) within the Dark Reef will also have their HP and MP regeneration multiplied. This effect is increased for Sleithir by +2 regeneration multiplier. The Dark Reef will not disappear by any ways other than duration ending or if Sleithir is dead and will arrest every hero within radius (even with magic immunity, but the secondary effect of regeneration negation/multiplication doesn't affect magic immune heroes).

- 600 points radius, 2 regeneration multiplier and 3,5 seconds duration.
- 700 points radius, 3 regeneration multiplier and 4.75 seconds duration
- 800 points radius, 4 regeneration multiplier and 6 seconds duration

Type: Active
Affects: All Units

MP Cost: 250/325/400
Cool Down: 80 seconds

Scepter Upgradable: Change damage type to HP removal, and allows Sleithir's skills to affect magic immune units trapped within Dark Reef

The presence of the warden brings memories of the Dark Reef
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 18, 2014 7:26pm | Report
That ult is overpowered, I suggest making it's cooldown about twice what it is. Also,

Yzreel wrote:

This damage is HP and MP removal, and is credited to Sleithir.

What does this bit mean?
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 18, 2014 7:45pm | Report
Can you explain as of why it is overpowered? I mean, this skill does not even do any burst damage and relies heavily on HP regeneration. Let me put this into perspective: thia skill is only a longer cooldown Kinetic Field + Ice Blast without damage, that only affects 800 radius from him.

The regeneration damage is around 24* hp regen, that is around 500 damage at most to 20 hp regen heroes (full built Axe) and only 200 damage on average heroes. The MP damage is also around the same, even less than EMP.

If we take all of it into account, and the mana cost that is horrendously high for a strength hero, I think it is arou d the same level of Ice Blast in term of utilities, and Ice Blast only has 40 seconds cooldown.

However, I also think it's a bit too strong, so what do you think about 80 seconds cooldown? Oh, that part means if an enemy hero dies from the regeneration damage, the kill is Sleithir's, not suicide.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 19, 2014 10:28am | Report
I see. What I meant is that if Axe there has a Heart of Tarrasque, the damage he takes is ~100 damage a second. that's about 600 direct hp removal. And it's not just a counter to high-health strength heroes either. Storm Spirit, for example, needs high mana regeneration to support his ultimate to a viable extent. In the late game, he might be coming up on 60 mana regen with a Bloodstone + Orchid Malevolence. Factor in that it keeps them in place and goes through magic immunity, it seems overpowered to me.

I think that the 80 second cooldown is fine.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 19, 2014 11:32am | Report
Oh, yeah, of course if Heart of Tarrasque is active this skill is extremely OP. However, Heart of Tarrasque is disabled if taking hero based damage, and this skill is counted as Sleithir's damage, so it will disable Heart of Tarasque. For the other part, it's true that he gets better in late game. However, my idea is actually to have this guy as a support that scales into late game.

As of the other points, I think that keeping units in an 800 radius is not too OP, considering how the enemies can still use magic, attacks, and well, Blink out. As of the case with Storm Spirit, I don't think it will actually affect him that much. If he has 60 mana regen, normally his mana pool would have been 2500++, burning out 1000 of his mana will not do too much, especially if he can Ball Lightning out.

Changed to 80 secs cooldown :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 19, 2014 11:53am | Report
Oh I see, I thought that it stopped people from moving, like Treant Protector's ultimate. Also, if the damage type is HP removal i'm pretty sure it doesn't stop HoT's regeneration.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 19, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Yeah, I think I was wrong when making it :p
What do you think I should change it to? Pure damage is fine?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 19, 2014 8:28pm | Report
Pure damage would be a good switch, as at least you can forge through it with a bkb. Maybe a scepter upgrade would change it to hp removal?

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 19, 2014 8:52pm | Report
Yeah, I think I'll do that, thanks for the feedback!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 19, 2014 8:56pm | Report
No problem. I need something to fill this empty gap between dota, after all.

Eightfold

Notable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved