Wait for it.. Wait for it..
January 6, 2012
When to Pick and When not to...
When to Pick Witch Doctor.
When you are comfortable as a support hero and the actions it requires
When not to pick Witch Doctor
When you have sufficient roles already in place
When you can rely on good team synergy and communication
When you understand helping your team rather than carrying your team
When you understand the concept of warding and purchasing items for helping
When you are not comfortable as a support hero and the actions it requires
When you need other important roles on your team
When you can't rely on your team or do not trust them to play their roles adequately
When you do not understand helping your team versus being kill hungry.
- This is an important item since you will be in any and all team fights giving you a lot of charges for your mana intensive skills.
Urn of Shadows
- In my opinion core for almost all support heroes. Being able to use dead enemy heroes to heal your team is invaluable for keeping members of the team alive and eliminating the need to return to base, it also subs in for your Voodoo Restoration
that is mana costly and ineffective early on.
- I use this item for ganking and taking myself out of the equation when being focused in a team fight, it generates survivability and maximizes ganking potential. Blink Dagger
can be taken instead, but I find Shadow Blade
to be more effective.
- This item boots the power of Death Ward
significantly and also generates more mana and health via stats produced. When Death Ward
has the ability to bounce it rips teams apart.
- Warding as a support is almost always your job, warding is one of if not the most important aspect in DotA, vision of the enemy and runes is key for victory. Can be replaced with Sentry Ward
Town Portal Scroll
- Buy them as you need them, you should be defending key points and rushing into help the team.
- More survivability and mobility for the constant team encounters, seeing as you are a squishier hero you will be targeted because of your great support abilities.
- Usually this will be taken over treads simply because your team is doing well and you are doing all right surviving, it is a natural support item and will allow you more Cask's and Maledict
Black King Bar
- This item is taken by several heroes who cannot afford to be stunned or purged in a fight such as Enigma
with Black Hole
. If you find it necessary pick this item up to stop Death Ward from being interrupted; however, remember that your stun from Paralyzing Cask
are as important if not more than your ultimate in a team fight.
-Keep Wards up
-Use Paralyzing Cask and Maledict in order and at the right time
-Be present for team fights
-Do not take farm from carries
-Keep eyes on wards and mini-map movement
-STAY WITH THE TEAM