Vrogros the Underlord
September 18, 2016
Hero: Underlord a.k.a Pitlord
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Neither myth nor song exist to tell of their coming.
Deep below the surface of the world lay unknown wonders and horrors. Down and down again, well beneath the slithering magma fields and simmering roots of dormant volcanoes stands the obsidian city of Aziyog, its incomparable stonework spanning an endless cavern. Within honeycomb walls mortared with the bones of countless slaves lies the domain of the Abyssal Horde, and their brutal underlord Vrogros. Armed by the monstrous forgemasters of his kind and well-practiced in the arts of the Dark Rift, Vrogros is able to conjure forth flame and crippling malice through the twist between worlds. He seeks always to expand his holdings, destroying or enslaving all he encounters. Yet the lands offered by the subterranean realm are few, and so his sights have turned upward. By his command the first waves of abyssal invaders have already marched through the rift, a few doomed legions meant merely to test the might of nations above. Now, as his full force readies itself for unending conquest, Vrogros himself steps into a sunlit world to announce his coming reign. Those who face the Underlord will bow and pay tribute, or be crushed where they stand.
Calls down waves of fire that damage enemy units in the target area, burning for additional damage over time.
Number of Waves: 6
Wave Interval: 1
Damage per Wave: 25/40/55/70
Max Health as Damage per Second: 0.75%/1.5%/2.25%/3%
Burn Duration: 2
- Does not pierce Spell Immunity
Skill: Pit of Malice
A deadly pit is conjured at the target location; any unit that enters is unable to move for some time and takes damage.
Disable Duration: 1/1.5/2/2.5
Pit Duration: 7
Cooldown 21/18/15/12 Mana 100/115/130/145
- Will interrupt channeling spells but enemies can channel once trapped.
- Each enemy unit can only be affected once.
- Pierces Spell Immunity
Passive: Atrophy Aura
Nearby enemy units are weakened, losing a portion of their base damage. If a unit dies while under this effect, Underlord gains bonus damage.
Attack Damage Reduction: 18%/26%/34%/42%
Attack Damage per Hero Death: 30/35/40/45
Attack Damage per Non-Hero Death: 5
Attack Damage Bonus Duration: 30/40/50/60
- Can be used by illusions. When an enemy unit dies around an illusion, the damage is granted to the illusion's owner, not to the illusion itself.
- Does not gain attack damage from dying illusions, couriers, buildings, wards, Tempest Doubles and Tombstone zombies.
- When there are multiple Meepoes within range, only one of them grants Underlord damage when they die.
- Affects invulnerable units, but not hidden units.
Ultimate: Dark Rift
Opens a dark rift at the targeted friendly unit's position. After a short delay, Underlord and all nearby friendly heroes are teleported to that unit's location. Dark Rift can be cancelled at any time during the cast.
Cast Animation: 0.6+0.47
Cast Range: Global
Teleport Delay: 5/4/3
Cooldown 130/120/110 Mana 75/150/225
- If it is cancelled in this way, or the target unit dies before the spell becomes active, Dark Rift goes into cooldown.
- Can target friendly buildings.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent zoning abilities.
- Tankier than most supports.
- Reduces enemy damage.
- Strong potential for sudden pushes.
- Not item dependent.
- Low mana.
- Damage scales poorly into the late game.
- Requires good team coordination.
- Skill dependent.
Carry - Underlord is an intense carry when farmed and fed. Vrogros must be in most teamfights in late game because you don't have much damage without the aura's effect.
Full-Support - Underlord is very useful in teamfights especially if he has Atrophy Aura maxed.
Gank-Support - Underlord is very powerful when ganking. Before ganking, Make sure you have all your skills and atleast some wards so you wouldn't get counter-ganked.
Tank - Underlord is very tanky in the early game to the late game. Also the common build in most games.
Jungle - Underlord is powerful in the jungle. Also the least common build in games.
Mid - Underlord is quiet powerful when mid. You'll rarely see players go mid as Underlord.
Don't go mid if you're laning against the following:
- Templar Assassin
Friends, Foes, & Enemies
Friends (Heroes that work well with Underlord)
Foes (Heroes that Underlord can counter)
- Beastmaster: His Hawk is an excellent targets for Dark Rift.
- Disruptor: Static Storm and Kinetic Field, combined with Firestorm and Pit of Malice will lock down or zone out large areas of the map during a teamfight.
- Dragon Knight: Breathe Fire with Atrophy Aura reduces enemy damage significantly.
The splash attacks from Elder Dragon Form will hit multiple enemies stuck in Pit of Malice.
- Elder Titan: Natural Order combined with Atrophy Aura renders enemies quite helpless.
- Leshrac: Pit of Malice holds enemies in place for Leshrac to deal heavy damage with Pulse Nova and Split Earth.
- Lycan: His wolves are also excellent targets for Dark Rift
- Rubick: Fade Bolt combined with Atrophy Aura will reduce enemy damage even further.
Pit of Malice's long duration allows Rubick to pick up enemies and drop them inside with Telekinesis.
- Vengeful Spirit: Vengeance Aura and Wave of Terror combined with Atrophy Aura makes enemies weak in both defense and offense.
Vengeful Spirit can Nether Swap enemies into Pit of Malice.
Enemies (Heroes and Items that can counter Underlord)
- Lifestealer: Pit of Malice will trap Lifestealer, even when using Rage.
- Sven: Atrophy Aura reduces Sven's damage significantly, as it relies on his base strength stat.
Sven's dependence on Black King Bar makes him weak against Pit of Malice, which ignores spell immunity.
- Tinker: Pit of Malice is often wide enough to catch Tinker and interrupt his Rearm.
- Witch Doctor: Pit of Malice will stop Death Ward instantly, even if Witch Doctor uses Black King Bar.
- Force Staff will push enemies out of Firestorm, Pit of Malice, and Atrophy Aura's effective range. It can even push Underlord's teammates away from him before Dark Rift's teleport goes off.
- Diffusal Blade punishes Underlord for his low mana, and its active reduces his mobility further.
- Shiva's Guard catches Underlord's team when they gather for Dark Rift, and can be used to deal damage if caught in his Pit of Malice.
- Pipe of Insight's barrier negates pretty much all of Underlord's magical damage.
- Bloodseeker: If any member of Underlord's team is injured when using Dark Rift, Bloodseeker will see the relocation with Thirst.
- Naga Siren: Song of the Siren easily catches Dark Rift during its cast time and right after teleportation, and gives Naga Siren's team plenty of time to counter-initiate on Underlord's team.
- Shadow Fiend: He can still dish out heavy damage with Requiem of Souls and Shadowraze while caught in Pit of Malice.
- Winter Wyvern: Winter's Curse and Splinter Blast can devastate Underlord's team when they're grouped up for Dark Rift.
Thank you for checking out this build.
Hope you guys find this build useful.
Pick a build that suits your playstyle and suits the situation of the game.
Please comment any commendations or complains to help me improve this build!