Sometimes we could have a full carry team when no one wants to pick support, now you can make a difference warding sections of the map, assisting your team, pushing lines, destroying ganks and winning the game like a pro. Jakiro provides lock-down and damage to your team and could be deffinitive if someone of your team's not doing well.
There's always a spot on the draft to pick Jakiro, but you should be careful of threats and know how to avoid them, also be aware of its potential.
- Provides a long range stun with Ice Path.
- Liquid Fire needs no mana, good for harrassing enemies and pushing towers.
- Also high magic damage and AOE skills.
- Dependent on skills and mana.
- No physical damage.
- Vulnerable to silence and magic immunity.
Axe, Dark Seer, Warlock, Kunkka, Legion Commander, Tidehunter, Faceless Void, Enigma.
Good set ups with heroes with AOE abilities or Blink Dagger in order to follow Jakiro's initiations.
Doom, Riki, Legion Commander, Anti-Mage, Juggernaut.
Magic resistance and silence disable Jakiro and make him useless.
Items like: Orchid Malevolence, Bloodthorn, Diffusal Blade, Pipe of Insight, Black King Bar, could reduce drastically Jakiro's impact on the game, even make him useless and killable if not avoided in time.
Considering we are gonna be the only support we're gonna buy every consumable and support item in benefit of our teammates.
First we purchase two Observer Wards and give one to the midlaner, also give him two Tangos. With that he should has vision and heal for the first minutes and stay in line.
The Animal Courier it's a must have and we should upgrade it to Flying Courier when the timer hits 3:00 in order to speed up the needs of our team.
Buy a Circlet and two Iron Branches for a later Magic Wand that we can complete on the side shop, leaving our courier free for the carries and the midlaner items.
Skill Liquid Fire and Ice Path serve the following purposes:
- Harrass the enemies and kick them out of the lane.
- Push the lane and do as much damage as we can to the tower with Liquid Fire.
- Secure kills with Ice Path, stop roamers and early ganks, even turn them to our favour.
Warding could make an important difference in terms of vision and anticipation, also detection to deward or spot invisible enemies could be huge if we have stun chains or mores disables in our team.
We should have Arcane Boots as fast as we can in order to always have mana for Ice Path and Macropyre and ***it our team. Then we should start building Buckler, it's perfect for it's active buff, +2 armor in area to heroes and units, good for mantain pressure in towers and save allied heroes from death, even ourselves.
At this instance you should have push at least one or two towers and have Arcane Boots and Mekansm ready to use, with those items you should be full capable to start teamfights and win them or turn over enemy ganks, keep your allies safe and always consider wards and detection over your own items if needed.
Mekansm it's a huge item to have, gives passive aura of healt regeneration and also armor and health when activated, allows you and your team to stay longer in fights and prevent them to die early. Consider always warding the side of the map you are pushing, you could be focussed and killed if there's not vision, always anticipate situations and stay ready to place your Ice Path and Macropyre.
Most of the time, if you followed well the guide game should be over before timer hits 40', if it isn't for some reason you should consider hardly upgrade your Arcane Boots and Mekansm to Guardian Greaves as a transition, it'll secure teamfights because:
- Cleans you of negative buffs.
- Gives crazy +15 health and armor to dying teammates (bellow 20% of health).
- Gives health and mana.
Aghanim's Scepter should follow as a core item, gives Macropyre more damage, length and duration, from it comes Jakiro's main damage and could set up offensive or defensive scenarios.
In specific games you should consider these items to keep up in fights or ***it you teammates.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity gives you the opportunity to avoid enemies, some spells, set up Ice Path even make time if someone jumps on you with Black King Bar activated. The buff of speed is good too.
- Pipe of Insight gives aura of health regeneration and magic resistance, also blocks 400 spell damage when activated, when the enemy's magic damage its high you can go for it and secure teamfights.
- Linken's Sphere's good when you become a target, you can easily prevent Legion Comander or Doom to iniciate and kill you, also you can prevent silent spells or Orchid Malevolence.
- Shiva's Guard when the enemy has annoying attack or movement speed.
Picking Jakiro, even with a bad early game, could be a foolproof strategy to win the game step by step, it's on you to unleash the full potential of the two headed dragon.
This guide will be updated as the metagame, items and dynamics change.
All feedback will be appreciated, give comments and questions.
Thanks for reading!