Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid Heroes and their Counters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Mid Heroes and their Counters 40 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » March 25, 2013 3:02pm | Report
Clockwerk can be nice counter to Pudge, just turn on Q and laugh at him cause he can't do his combo. Also he have much longer hook than Pudge, and when played properly (I mean much ganking when lvl 6 and even sooner with haste rune) he can become unstoppable just like Pudge.
I have also played solo mid as Treant Protector once, and I can say that he is ultimate troll against heroes that rely on auto attack harass. Just turn on Living Armor and no harass works against you for a while and you can last hit\deny very easily due to high dmg.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sansheva » April 4, 2013 4:33am | Report
the most common used hero in mid is drow, by the way good post I like silencer also if he is so fragile

sansheva

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JRadTheBad » June 1, 2013 1:23pm | Report
I just created an account to add this:
How is no one talking about Bane as a mid counter? While there are better heros to take advantage of Mid's XP and Gold benefits, there are few heros that can counter someone mid like Bane.

Especially for heros like Drow and Sniper, there is nothing better than Enfeeble and Nightmare to ensure they get virtually zero CS.

Crystal Maiden on the map makes this even more deadly. in the event that I need the extra mana early game, I'll rush a Soul Ring. Bane can practically win you the game if the enemy team is planning on stacking all their chips on a single Carry.

I've been level six against a level 3 Sniper before. Thanks to CM, I was spamming my spells the moment they came of cooldown. Brainsap helped to secure an early kill too.

JRadTheBad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » June 2, 2013 3:48pm | Report
An interesting hero who I've only recently seen mid is lone druid.
Using the bear for harass and some lh/denies, you can keep your druid fairly safe at the top of the ramp. And with bears natural tankiness, if they run to a side lane your going to put a lot of damage on the tower quickly.
Also, even in bad pubs with no warding, you can check both runes at the same time. Even if you are warded, you can send the bear to collect them and still get some xp/last hits (if you can micro well). you can also stack your own ancient camps (once again great micro required) meaning that when you do need to leave the lane, you've got free gold sitting there.
I've gotta get more games in trying this but I like it. Found this all out when I got forced to mid (I first picked then drow went bot)

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 2, 2013 8:55pm | Report
LD wins just about every lane 1v1 if hes good. Midwise, there are heros that need levels more and LD isnt the best ganker.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » June 3, 2013 3:25am | Report
against Blood seeker i have made an interesting discovery some time ago ---> Necrolyte

once your reach a certain level just harass the **** out of him with your autohits + aura and when he goes in for some lasthits / denies to healhimself you just use your Q .... this ****s his last hitting / denying up very bad and he gets even more damaged. Make sure to just hug the creepwaves and this is easy as pie.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Slim Nezo » August 7, 2013 5:20pm | Report
Pudge is easily countered by Storm Spirit.

Pudge Hooks you and you just role out with your Ulti. Pudge cant do **** to you hahah.

Slim Nezo

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » August 9, 2013 3:11am | Report
whenever the enemy team picks a Pudge, I pick Rubick
There's nothing funnier than Meat Hooking a Pudge and watch him panic.
also Telekinesis works great with Meat Hook

edit: rubicks magic resistance is also a bonus for Rot
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 9, 2013 3:57am | Report
Storm Spirit can have problems with Pudge before level 6 - reliant on quickly proccing an attack slow if you do get hooked.

Personally I like running Huskar against Pudge - just harass him off the lane with Burning Spears - DONT Life Break him.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by B_rude1 » June 10, 2014 9:15pm | Report
Invoker is probably far stronger than your giving him credit for he can easily counter pudge, silencer and blood seeker if you level quas upto 3 u get 10 hp regen per second as well as cold snap and that plus emp will rawt silencers and pudges mana while with blood seeker if he ruptures u just tornado cold snap him and he wont be able to finish you if ur safe under your tower. i love playing mid heros and invokers turning speed makes him the easiest hero to creep block with, that means u can pull the enemies up onto the higher ground by ur tower and his move speed/tornado means he controls the runes above the other heros. sniper fails at hitting the higher ground and u emp behind any enemy mid hero and they are harass right out of the exp zone. using invoker with a quas wex build is probs the most sucessful mid hero i've seen. his basic regen means he only needs a tango max and u can roam and gank with your quick mobility while still dominating mid.

B_rude1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved