Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tim's Stories of Symthic.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Tim's Stories of Symthic. 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 9:40am | Report
Gather 'round children, for tonight Tim will tell tales from a place where he used to spend his days on instead of Dotafire.
This is a mystical place called Symthic, a place mainly about Battlefield but with a highly active off-topic section, and is much more internet'y then Dotafife.
I will NOT be linking to posts or threads cause i feel that might be too inappropriate.

The first story is about an individual called 'Fred'.
Fred came to us in may 2012. He introduced himself to us as being in 47th regiment the Royal Artillery. He was a cool guy, posted a lot around the forum and all was good.
One day in July 2012 he posted that he left for Afghanistan. We wished him good luck and told him to camp so he wouldn't die.
He assured us that he would be pretty safe and left.

An image he posted.

AND THEN HE DIED!

No im kidding, thats not where this is going, he just posted less for a few months.
Occasionally he made a thread about what he was doing or what happened, and they went into great detail, from being mortared to helping a 21 year old who's father died shave for the first time.
Also he **** in a bucket to become staff sergeant. (Inside joke, reference to colonel ****bucket.)

Eventually he came back in September with more stories about deactivated guns and other equipment that he brought back to England.
Including a One Condor Crossdraw assault vest that he wanted to sell.

But it was not to last, because October 2012 he posted a thread called:
Fraud, lies and human plagiarism- I reveal what I truly am.........
The plot twist was about to happen.

He revealed that he was 16 years old, and had extreme difficulty making friends and keeping friendships going.
It saddened the community since he was a cool member of the community, not just because of the sniper and UAV stories which were just a very small part of his posts.

There were a few guys who felt betrayed, and one person blocked him in the off-topic section since he didn't want to communicate on a personal level.

In the end it turned out that the mods and some analyzers knew for some time that his stories weren't real, since they traced the pictures he posts and found out the date that he left for Afghanistan wasn't right.

Eventually he returned to the forums, but was called out by that one person who was most mad at him.
He stayed at the forum for some time, util eventually he left the forum like any other person who lost interest with the one thing that will keep people at the forums, your love with the game.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 26, 2015 11:04am | Report
Not enough drama, but fine for a starter. Why did that one guy go mad, did he buy a Mask of Madness? :DDDDDDDlololololo how funny commend me.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 11:09am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Not enough drama, but fine for a starter. Why did that one guy go mad, did he buy a Mask of Madness? :DDDDDDDlololololo how funny commend me.

not enough? would you have wanted him to die in afganistan?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 26, 2015 12:00pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

not enough? would you have wanted him to die in afganistan?

I would like that mad guy to challenge him in an epic rap battle - so epic, it's lyrics would be quoted in the forum for years to come.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 1:16pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I would like that mad guy to challenge him in an epic rap battle - so epic, it's lyrics would be quoted in the forum for years to come.

well there are a lot of cool quotes there, a lot about battlefiend though.

active members also got a title from the admins, one guy was called 'random signature generator' due to him spewing awesome quotes.
he also watches hentai is lord of tentacles.........

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 26, 2015 1:34pm | Report
Never knew about this. Who told you about this?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 2:10pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

Never knew about this. Who told you about this?

well it happened on a different forum, and i was there when it happened. (as far as you can be somewhere in the internet.)

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 27, 2015 2:37am | Report
Poor guy.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 27, 2015 6:23am | Report
So what happened to him now?

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 27, 2015 6:26am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

So what happened to him now?

he was last online at April 1st 2013, so he probably lost interest in battlefield 3 and left a while after that.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved