Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Spring Cleaning 2016 Update

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Spring Cleaning 2016 Update 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 23, 2016 5:31am | Report

The Spring Cleaning 2016 Update

March 22, 2016 - Dota Team

As the snows of winter recede and the river ice turns to slush, it’s time to clear the lanes and climb the towers for Dota 2’s vigorous yearly cleaning.

Featuring a variety of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, the Spring Cleaning 2016 update will arrive this week, bringing with it hero-specific ability bindings, camera control group hotkeys, Neutral Creep spawn box indicators, and much more.

Check out the update page for some highlights and a complete list of changes.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 23, 2016 7:43am | Report
Wow that's a lot of bugs that I didn't even know existed.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » March 23, 2016 1:24pm | Report
NEUTRAL SPAWN INDICATORS
You can now view Neutral Creep spawn boxes when selecting Observer and Sentry Wards to place on the map, helping you to block and unblock creep camps more effectively. You can also toggle an option to display these boxes when ALT is pressed.

WOW

CAMERA CONTROL GROUP HOTKEYS
Use the new Camera Control Group Hotkeys to bind specific map locations to a single keystroke. Hold Control and tap the key of your choice to set a map position. Once set, tap the key to move the camera to that location. Tap the key again to move the camera back to your hero.

WOW

ARMORY ORGANIZATION
The Armory has been updated with a new section to view recently acquired items, along with a couple of other minor improvements to increase usability.

After so much begging.

HERO-SPECIFIC ABILITY HOTKEYS
You can now set hero-specific ability key bindings in the Settings > Hotkeys menu. Perhaps you want to pounce with Q, throw Meat Hooks with T, or Ravage with Y. Create unique bindings for all of your favorite heroes to meet the needs of your playstyle.

WOW

MINIMAP ICON UPDATE
To better indicate which direction an enemy unit (or Dire unit if spectating) is facing, the classic X minimap unit icons have been changed to arrows.

Interesting choice.

INDEPENDENT VOICE & CHAT MUTING
There are now separate options to mute a player's voice and text communication. Open the scoreboard and click on the Voice or Text icon next to a player's name to toggle mute options.

Thx, Volvo.

TOWER ATTACK RANGE AND TARGET INDICATOR
Selecting a tower will now display the tower's attack range and its current target. Additionally, you can click a toggle in the Options > Interface settings to add this tower information to your ALT-press indicators.

And the noobs rejoice.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 23, 2016 3:45pm | Report
I'm more exited about the bug fixes than the UI stuff. As someone who has played for a while the spawn boxes and twoer range indicators don't really make a change. Maybe it will be easier to find tricky ward positions or smth.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by gilang1kb » March 23, 2016 8:49pm | Report
The tower attack range and target indicator: feels like LoL. :P Come on, it's DotA.

gilang1kb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » March 23, 2016 11:14pm | Report
gilang1kb wrote:

The tower attack range and target indicator: feels like LoL. :P Come on, it's DotA.

LoL's tower attack range indicator is only in bot games and it's there so that newbies would learn the range of the turret.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 29, 2016 1:25am | Report
* Added the ability to use Alt + key for self casting. This allows self casting to be possible using Quickcast. Can be toggled off in the options.

IT WAS DONE. At last.

Legion Commander, Omniknight and a few others with everything on quickcast is now viable. Quickcast finally fixed.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 29, 2016 4:19am | Report
Finally. I messed up so many self- Decrepifyies(ok, not so many) that I could be reported for 322.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 29, 2016 5:21am | Report
I looked up, it doesn't affect that many heroes. Abaddon, Pugna, Shadow Demon, Omniknight are now much more convenient to people who like to put everything on quickcast.

Still I consider this a huge hidden buff to Legion Commander, because doing the combo fast is what the hero is all about. Maybe Shadow Blade LC has finally moved out of dumpster tier because you can alt-W and quickcast R fast enough for it to actually work.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 29, 2016 5:53am | Report
Kunkka X shenangians are also much easier to pull off this way since you'd need X on autocast because you will often miss targets in the fog otherwise.

Can I bind certain items instead of slots on quickcast(with help of some external stuff like autoexec)? There's no situation where I'd want Hex or Orchid to be on normal cast and maybe with that I wouldn't be so **** with Storm and Clinkz.

Edit: also summons. I sometimes **** up when casting Ranged Necro arrow or Brewling's boulder and cyclone but I don't know if they count for "Neutrals". I think I may as well go in lobby and check.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved