Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Shifting Snows Update

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Shifting Snows Update 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 16, 2014 9:29am | Report
I don't really know what to think of the gyro change. The Gyrocopter change is kind of a nerf I think. The point of the larger slow on the first Call Down missile is to make sure that the enemies hit by it are still in range for the second missile to deal damage. I guess icefrog is trying to make the second missile a little better, but made it harder to land.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » December 16, 2014 10:19am | Report
What hero got hit hardest by this patch do you think?
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 16, 2014 10:29am | Report
jamesShajam wrote:

What hero got hit hardest by this patch do you think?

Terrorblade.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » December 16, 2014 10:44am | Report
Is 25% less damage THAT much of a difference?
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » December 16, 2014 10:49am | Report
It's not like you can't teamfight anymore, I see a drums-Diffusal build coming in.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 16, 2014 11:12am | Report
Eightfold wrote:

Is 25% less damage THAT much of a difference?

We'll see about that, it's not like there were some huge nerfs in this patch. Though wait... there was. Sniper is now even worse lol.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 17, 2014 10:51am | Report
Why would the change to Shrapnel be a big change to him? It's not like you used the skill more than once a minute anyway. The change to make it not damage building is not like it makes a huge difference since Sniper's damage to building comes from his rightclicks anyway.

TBH I think having 3 charges to get a big field of highground vision is much better.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 17, 2014 11:24am | Report

Why would the change to Shrapnel be a big change to him? It's not like you used the skill more than once a minute anyway.

Currently the only reason why Sniper is picked up in competitive play is because of Shrapnel because you could safely damage their tower without you having to be there to push. You could go off and gank a lane while Shrapnel is damaging the enemies tower, pushing the lane, and zoning out their carry. Now if you want to have any chance to take towers early you are forced to stay in lane.

The change to make it not damage building is not like it makes a huge difference since Sniper's damage to building comes from his right clicks anyway.

Um... kind of, but not really. Sniper's damage is miniscule in the early game. Until you get some items online like Desolator, and max out Take Aim, you're pushing ability is slim to none without Shrapnel.

TBH I think having 3 charges to get a big field of high ground vision is much better.

This is true, the high ground vision will be nice.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved