Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Rekindling Soul

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Rekindling Soul 49 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 24, 2014 9:35am | Report
I remember the old version of treant mate, this is just valve bringing back treant's old flair. Quelling Blade is the easiest thing to get rid of them and nowhere does it say that it has a 55 sec cd. If i remember correctly the cooldown used to be 30 or something.

Plus we might never see it. Its one of those great to have but can't have #5 aghs upgrades.
Like omni or abaddon, etc
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 24, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Eyes In The Forest:
====================
Treant Protector enchants a target tree. Enchanted trees grant 800 unobstructed vision. If Overgrowth is cast by Treant Protector, units near an enchanted tree will be ensnared and damaged.

If the enemy has true sight, they will be able to see visual effects on both the affected tree and the 800 area of effect around it.

Cast range: 160
Cooldown: 55
Overgrowth Bonus Damage: 135 damage per second (3/4/5 ticks)
Mana Cost: 100

Note: Overgrowth only does damage if it comes from an Enchanted Tree.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 24, 2014 6:45pm | Report
Best change about Earth Spirit is that he's now a legit Faceless Void counter unless Void gets Black King Bar. Earth Spirit with Aghanim's Scepter can just turn Faceless Void into a remnant and push him outside of the Chronosphere.
And even if Faceless Void gets his Black King Bar, Earth Spirit can push at least one of his teammates out of Chronosphere. :D

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » September 24, 2014 6:48pm | Report
My biggest impression from the patch is how much mid gets changed with the double runes along with less bottlecrow. I would say that if you're winning mid and get the choice of what rune to go for, if the other one is an illusion rune or sometimes even a regen or invis, you take the bounty rune. OR you grab a bottle on a support and try to get him to grab all the bounty runes and... yeah it'll be different.

Deathball won't be nearly as popular, although they might have nerfed push strats too much.

ALSO I love the Necrophos change, if you are 15 min in and their carry suddenly has a minute long respawn timer, you can get some pushing done. Heck it's still good lategame too.

I'm kinda overwhelmed by the patch at the moment, I'll see how it works out though.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 24, 2014 6:57pm | Report
Necrophos ult is simply obnoxious now. 30 seconds additional respawn time is SO FRICKIN LONG. SO FRICKIN LONG. SO. FRICKIN. LOOOOOOOOONG.

And other than Culling Blade the HP threshold is percentage based which means it's super effective all game long even against heroes that build tank items.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 24, 2014 11:23pm | Report
Sando wrote:

Also wonder if it interacts with Sprout? I know they don't last long, but could you enchant one and then use your ultimate to get the damage?

I think the damage is the least feature. I think this ability is for global presence, but not the damage is useless at all.

In fact, Eyes in the Forest has a melee cast range.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 24, 2014 11:57pm | Report
well, its a 55 second cooldown so it takes a long time BUT ...the tree lasts for ever.

this can actually have a major impact in more ways then one.

you have placed a tree in the radiant jungle and you are top. your hard carry didnt check the map and it looks like hes running for his life from a 4 man gank.

he runs towards your enchanted tree you activate your ulti and he is saved as all 4 are caught out.

example two:

placing a enchanted tree in the most likely routes for retreat and catching a fleeing carry or 2 heroes who have 100 hp after just wreking your team buy back ulti and get a double kill as they run past the tree.

there a lot of reasons for this but it now means you can have a perma ward somewhere. say pushing tier 2 top you can enchant the transition tree to see where the heroes are leaving you two wards still to use .....

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » September 25, 2014 7:38am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

there a lot of reasons for this but it now means you can have a perma ward somewhere. say pushing tier 2 top you can enchant the transition tree to see where the heroes are leaving you two wards still to use .....

Obviously not a perma ward. True sight reveals the Eye in The Forest, so it's not even near a perma ward. If you have a true sight not even exactly close to the enchanted tree, you will see visual effects and I am pretty sure that you can manually destroy it like any other ward (even without destroying an enchanted tree itself).

This thinking is like thinking that Techies is compleletly OP, because he has invisible mines. We here all know, that this is not that simple.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » September 25, 2014 2:42pm | Report
Btw, another thing I like of this update: finally bkb ability is tied to the hero and not the item! It was so annoying seeing those hard carry abuse the bkb in early game because they would buy another one in late game and have a 10 seconds immunity again, so if you're a support only useful with your stun you're basically screwed. As a support player this makes me happy, I can be useful even in late game now, and those carries are gonna think hard before popping out their bkb!

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dangr83 » September 25, 2014 3:24pm | Report
have they set a date as to when this will be released
[ADX] Shake N Bake

dangr83

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved