Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Manila Major Main Event Begins

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Manila Major Main Event Begins 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 6, 2016 9:54am | Report

The Manila Major Main Event Begins

June 6, 2016 - Dota Team

After two days of intense Group Stage matches, the Main Event brackets are set, and the spotlights of Mall of Asia Arena are ready to shine down on the world-class players battling for the Manila Major trophy. If you missed any of the action, here is a handy thread over on Reddit to catch you up.

The show will open on Tuesday 9:15 a.m. Philippines time. The first Upper Bracket match will kick off at 10:00 a.m, featuring a Team Liquid squad eager to erase the memories of Grand Finals defeat in Shanghai and a rising MVP Phoenix team that capped Group Stage play with a decisive and quick 2-0 victory over reigning International Champions Evil Geniuses. The second Upper Bracket match will follow soon after, pitting a renewed Na’Vi crew that has yet to lose a single match this tournament against scrappy Frankfurt Major Champions OG. With a mid-lane matchup of long-time fan favorite Dendi versus rising young star Miracle-, each backed up by crafty rotating supports, fans of the early-game laning phase won’t want to miss a moment.

Upon completion of the first two UB series, the focus will shift to the four Lower Bracket best-of-one elimination matches. In a bracket where reigning International Champions EG and reigning Shanghai Major Champions Team Secret—along with former International Champions Alliance—face elimination in their first games of the Main Event, fans of each will need to place their hopes into the dynamics of one lone draft of picks and bans, and hope their favorite players are up to the ensuing challenge. With entire tournament lives on the line, there’s no telling what to expect.

On Wednesday, play will resume at 10:00 a.m. when the former International Champions and current qualifier team Newbee—also yet to lose a match this tournament—face off against fellow qualifier Digital Chaos, the upstart new squad determined to prove they belong amongst the world’s elite. Following up will be stalwart LGD Gaming against home-crowd favorites Fnatic, whom take the stage aiming to eventually hoist the champion’s trophy in front of SEA’s most dedicated fans.

Stay caught up with all the action from the Mall of Asia Arena in the Featured section of the in-client Watch tab, or head over to the Dota Major hub to tune into the live stream once the broadcast begins. With the Grand Finals slated for Sunday, June 12th, there are countless hours of top-level Dota to enjoy in the week to come.

If you are unsure when games start in your time zone, please use this time zone converter.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » June 8, 2016 8:15am | Report
NA-VI won... Against a naga...with no counters... And 16min radiance... Ok i'm stoked, how in the world did navi manage to pull this one off, it's a miracle.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 8, 2016 8:43am | Report
By having an unkillable core vs a team that deals no damage.

Naga dies - you lose. Naga lives - you still can't fight for **** because you deal no damage to Huskar.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 8, 2016 8:56am | Report
Loda really should have gone for a Daedalus that game as opposed to - well, anything else.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » June 8, 2016 9:03am | Report
It looked like navi was struggling just to keep up with alliance before 40min

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 8, 2016 9:13am | Report
Two words : Huskar + Oracle
You're leaving dota terrritory to enter OSFrog territory. The normal rules don't apply.
Seriously fix that False Promise + Satanic double heal ********.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 8, 2016 9:29am | Report
More like Epic Boss Fight territory.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 8, 2016 9:45am | Report
I've also been saying that going Terrorblade instead of Naga would've been better. Na'Vi had nothing, aside from nyx, to cause ANY problems to him. Go Travels > Yasha > Dragon Lance > Manta, get raindrops, take Roshan, get Aegis, take rax at 20 minutes. Even if it went lategame, TB has enough physical burst to rip apart that lineup in seconds.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 8, 2016 9:55am | Report
The whole team having Boots of Travel 2 really helped - everyone jump to the invisible guy in a few seconds for ganks. Also thought Alliance made some pretty daft mechanical errors - e.g. Loda managing to somehow mess up TP'ing out with Song active.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » June 8, 2016 10:54am | Report
I can only assume Terathiel is delighted with sumail's early departure. And so much for Team Secret's upgraded roster.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved