Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Frankfurt Major Teams

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Frankfurt Major Teams 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 15, 2015 3:01am | Report

The Frankfurt Major Teams

October 14, 2015 - Dota Team

The dust has settled. After hundreds of Dota matches across the Open and Regional Qualifiers, eight teams have emerged victorious. These teams will now join the directly invited teams to make up the final sixteen that will compete at The Frankfurt Major.

Already, the road to The Frankfurt Major has been packed with excitement as both veteran and rookie teams have proven their worth. While former champions Alliance, Invictus Gaming, and NewBee made a return to prominence, extremely solid play was seen from Fnatic, Cloud9, Mineski and (Monkey) Business. Especially impressive were Team Unknown, a Peruvian squad who entered the Open Qualifiers and then fought all the way to the Main Event through the Americas Qualifiers.

The Main Event for The Frankfurt Major will take place at Festhalle Messe in Frankfurt, Germany this November 16 through 21. The sixteen teams will battle over six days, using the same Main Event format as The International, to claim their piece of the $3,000,000 prize pool.

If you’ve never been to a live Dota tournament, don’t miss out on your chance to see the action in person, meet the players and personalities, and check out the merchandise available at the Secret Shop. Tickets to The Frankfurt Major Finals are still available, and can be purchased here.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 16, 2015 4:13am | Report
Any teams you guys root for?

Personally I want [A] to retrn.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » October 16, 2015 4:37am | Report
I'd really love to see if one of the two peas in a pod might win.
You know, the two P, pinoy and peruvian.
Get it? No?
....I'll show myself out.

Anyway, seriously, I want to see what Mineski and Unknown can dish out, but I'm probably rooting for (monkey) because I'm a miracle fangay
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 16, 2015 7:03am | Report
Veer toos Pro!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » October 16, 2015 9:23am | Report
Gotta go with unknown, love watching this team play, they just have so much swagger.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 16, 2015 5:22pm | Report
Rooting for CDEC mainly because they deserve to win after starting from the wildcards and going to the Finals.

And obviously EG because USA.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Axyom_Fate » October 17, 2015 1:20am | Report
I think the Favorite out of these teams would be EG, but after a poor showing at ESL One and losing the first round at MLG World Finals 2015, they aren't a clear favorite anymore. I still think they are the strongest team out of this group but lets see if they can show it at this tournament. EG tends to show better results in double elimination than single elimination tournaments, so we'll see what happens.

I'm also excited to see Vega play again after dominating every other team at ESL New York they definitely deserved that invite, let's see if they can show their dominance once again at this tournament, it will be a lot harder compared to ESL New York though.

I'm also really excited for Mineski and Unknown. Both of them being the first teams to come out their regions to a valve event in a long time. Hopefully they will have a good run at this tournament.

Alliance is b[a]ck. Glad to see them qualify especially out of the EU qualifiers which was one of the most stacked groups out of any of the qualifiers in my opinion.

Alot of strong teams but there is no clear favorite. This will be an awesome tournament.

Axyom_Fate

Steam: Axyom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 17, 2015 3:43am | Report
It's gotta be Monkey Buisness - They look they are on fire. Given that they are a roster that's been together less than a month, there achievements thus far are pretty damn impressive, and they defiantely have the player skill for it, having one of the best mids, and one of the best European offlaners (Like I cannot remember the last bad Moonmeandher game I've seen, he always delivers, and he always delivers more than expected)

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved