Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Age of Sign-Ups has Ended

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Age of Sign-Ups has Ended 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 16, 2013 6:27pm | Report

Valve Post

The Age of Sign-Ups has Ended

December 16, 2013 - Dota Team

For the past several months, access to Dota 2 has been granted through a queue system that gated entry into the community. We’ve used this system to gradually increase the size of our playerbase, as we ramped up our infrastructure and improved the experience for new players. As we have recently completed a set of server management upgrades as well as released a huge number of enhancements to the new user experience, we’re going to remove all restrictions to playing Dota 2.

Signups are no longer required to access the game, and we encourage everyone to join the 6.5 million active monthly users currently playing Dota 2. If you have a friend who hasn’t tried Dota 2 yet, be sure to take advantage of the new recruitment feature to get additional bonuses for both you and your friend.

To download and start playing Dota 2, you can head to the Dota 2 Steam page and click the green ‘PLAY GAME’ button. We hope you’ll join the Dota 2 community.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 16, 2013 9:02pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

As we have recently completed a set of server management upgrades

Best thing in the blog post imo. Server problems have been rampant.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » December 17, 2013 12:58am | Report
samukobo wrote:

Best thing in the blog post imo. Server problems have been rampant.

Agreed - for someone who has limited time to play DOTA (I manage about 6-8 games a week), the server problems have really hurt my available gaming time .

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 17, 2013 4:07am | Report
Can't wait for the Wraith Night to get removed, the servers will work so much better.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 17, 2013 6:25am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Can't wait for the Wraith Night to get removed, the servers will work so much better.

^This

Events are nothing compared to the holy glory of "all pick" and "captains mode"
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved