Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Step Lightly: The Techies Update

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Step Lightly: The Techies Update 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » August 29, 2014 6:16pm | Report

Step Lightly: The Techies Update

August 29, 2014 - Dota Team

Just when you thought it was safe to walk, well, anywhere. Techies are finally coming to Dota 2, along with a host of new features and Compendium stretch goals, including the new All Random Deathmatch mode and the All-Hero Challenge. Check out the Techies Update page and learn more about everything you’ll be seeing, doing, and fighting when the update goes live next week!

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 29, 2014 6:17pm | Report
YES!!

DEATH TO RAT DOTO

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » August 29, 2014 6:21pm | Report
New riki bot AI guys, now not only can we have human teammates that feed the invisable goat, but now bot teammates as well!!!

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 29, 2014 6:40pm | Report
mastadoom wrote:

New riki bot AI guys, now not only can we have human teammates that feed the invisable goat, but now bot teammates as well!!!

AND a pudge bot. Can wait to see him own, 'cus bot accuracy OP

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » August 29, 2014 7:47pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

AND a pudge bot. Can wait to see him own, 'cus bot accuracy OP

lol, i think dota is the only game where aimbot doesn't help you.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » August 29, 2014 11:02pm | Report
YES TECHIES!! NOW ALL BAD RIKIS WILL DIE SPONTANEOUSLY!
Ok now that's done. Real question; When are they releasing the patch notes?
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 29, 2014 11:04pm | Report
Oh my god, why now, when I'm always back from my 1.5 month "vacation" from doto, why not a month ago so I won't get them in every game? TY Lord Gaben.

Even worse, that All Hero Challenge, like giving 10 random heroes people don't know was not enough already. enough

Reports are more powerful? That's quite good, IceFrog listened to DotoFire at last.
New alt-clicks are even better. Good, maybe 6.82 is not that bad.
"Fixed replay highlight reel transition graphic getting stuck on sometimes" - sometimes, ha-ha-ha. Nice fix anyway.

Wait, where are balance changes?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » August 30, 2014 12:31am | Report
Guys there will be balance changes, but those are to be realesed something next week, they just wanted to get te techies hype out of the way.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 30, 2014 12:50am | Report
I actually am excited about this part: "Bots in solo bot matches will wear your equipped cosmetics"
Now I can actually die happily from a well-equipped bot lol

Actually, I think it's better that the bots just wear any random set (so even if you're a poor scrub you can still see the sets). This way, it acts as an advertisements for said sets as well as a good eye candy even for those with not enough money to spend on sets.

Not that it really matters that much though :p

I think the all hero challenge can be interesting to play, but to be honest I hate it. I mean, ever seen an Invoker that says: "my first time playing this hero, getting it for all hero challenge", then proceed to play with only 2 spells the whole game? Be prepared.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 30, 2014 1:41am | Report
I'm actually happy that bot matches are getting new AI. I'm hoping for the day all heroes get AI for bots... even invoker ;)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved