Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Statistics from The International 2014: China Qualifiers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Statistics from The International 2014: China Qualifiers 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 23, 2014 4:50pm | Report

The China Qualifiers have concluded! We went through the data at datDota and compiled statistics for picks, bans, hero win percentage, and player stat leaders. We took heroes that played at least 5 games in the qualifier to count towards the rankings for hero win percentage; seemed to be the fairest cutoff point.

There is one stat that isn't included in this graphic that I want to draw attention to; Anti-Mage went 3-0 in the qualifier. CIS Black^ went 2-0 on the hero, which makes sense since the team is built as a 4 protect 1 and Magina is perfect for those type of teams. A surprising stat to me was the fact that Hand of Midas was used less in these qualifiers than in the Americas qualifier despite the reluctance of Chinese teams to finish games before the late game.

What do you think about the stats? Anything stick out to you?

Alan LaFleur

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » May 24, 2014 1:15pm | Report
Generally Doom was the hero with the best win rate (63%, but 19 games played).

We see Ancient Apparition being picked more and more in Pro scene, while Dazzle is picked less since 6.81 patch. Morphling came back.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by van526 » May 24, 2014 2:21pm | Report
I dont understand the order of the ban column. you have lycan next to bat-rider despite their huge difference in ban percentage

also, if his P/B percentage is so high, how can he have a low ban percentage and not show up on picked column?

van526

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 24, 2014 3:48pm | Report
van526 wrote:

I dont understand the order of the ban column. you have lycan next to bat-rider despite their huge difference in ban percentage

I'd assume this is because Batrider was the most contested Hero from the start of 6.81 all the way through the American Qualifiers (something like 98% P-B Rate), just to show how much he's fallen off in popularity.
van526 wrote:

also, if his P/B percentage is so high, how can he have a low ban percentage and not show up on picked column?

Is that "14" supposed to be "74"...?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by van526 » May 24, 2014 3:54pm | Report
its possible, but tree and naga are also outliers. if you take those three out, the column appears to be in order of ban percentage, but those three dont make sense

van526

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 24, 2014 3:57pm | Report
Now that I look closer, aren't all the Ban %s the exact same as the Pick %s -_-

I think someone screwed this graph up... D{X

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 24, 2014 4:33pm | Report
who is the best player and why is ZSMJ ?

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by van526 » May 25, 2014 12:23pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Now that I look closer, aren't all the Ban %s the exact same as the Pick %s -_-

I think someone screwed this graph up... D{X

I agree. looking at AA, his pick and ban percentages dont equal his p/b persentage

van526

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 25, 2014 12:34pm | Report
Hey! Now Treant Protector has 105.2% pick/ban rate (if you actually count the graph)! How cool is that?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FroStHaVoc » June 19, 2014 4:12am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Hey! Now Treant Protector has 105.2% pick/ban rate (if you actually count the graph)! How cool is that?

Not very cool imo... -.-
http://teespring.com/iheartdotatees <--- Link to the I heart DOTA tees

FroStHaVoc

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved