Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.79 Incoming

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Patch 6.79 Incoming 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » October 17, 2013 12:36pm | Report

ChrisC a Valve Developer has posted the patch notes for the 6.79 update on Dev.Dota2. The patch includes a large change in general game mechanics, as well as a lot of tweaks towards individual heroes.

You can find ChricC's post here.

If the Dev site is experiencing a large amount of traffic or you'd like to join in on the discussion you can participate in this Reddit post.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » October 17, 2013 1:13pm | Report
I like a lot of the hero buffs, but not a fan of a lot of the general mechanic changes.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » October 17, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Holy ****... The Meepo buffs... I kinda like it :D

Still, the general changes to the mechanics I don't really like.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DadiSingkit » October 17, 2013 11:55pm | Report
How can someone not get gold from creeps, neuts, etc.? please someone enlighten me :((
Wouldn't ranged heroes be more imba compared to melee due to exp mechanics tweak?
Damn, why the night vision jerf? :'(
Aegis buff? and Roshan 'randomness'(not sure if buff or nerf)?
melee and range barracks...poor range barracks..
Pudge and vs dagger..
bottle price increase..
fly courier not available until 3 mins.., and lots more!

p.s. I think the mechanics changes are too kuch for me, lol xD, or maybe it really is just too much..?

DadiSingkit

Notable (2)
Steam: Dadisingkit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » October 18, 2013 12:20am | Report
I hate the pudge and slark changes :X

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » October 18, 2013 12:28am | Report
Oh my God.

This is most... drastic page I've seen recently. I can't go past the general changes...
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 18, 2013 1:29am | Report
Massive changes - gonna take some getting used to! Too many to really go into - like most of the changes a lot, interesting solutions to some heroes relative weaknesses or strengths. E.g. Broodmother being able to move across impassable terrain using webs, but getting no invis/movespeed bonus immediately on leaving.

Gonna be fairly major meta changes coming:

- Offlaners should get more xp with pull camps weakened

- Ancient stacking is going to be much harder for most heroes (dragons can fly now, hence no use hiding behind trees nearby)

- Jungling easier (available to more heroes?), but less rewarding in XP terms

The only thing I'm disappointed by is Phantom Lancer not being hit with the nerf stick. I'd love to see something where his illusions expire if he's not nearby. No more boring split pushing and taking towers while in your own jungle.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tikru8 » October 18, 2013 5:03am | Report
What is this jungle re-make? In lower level pubs I fear this will completely mess up jungling and stack&pull for the supports : Just run down to pull camp and place 1 ward there: no pulling AND no easy jungle. GG for lycanthrope & similar heroes.

Unless you can de-ward it but who bothers spending gold on sentry wards in pubs to begin with? Also the blocking is much easier than de-warding: the Radiant pull camp can be blocked from 3 different directions and if you don't know exactly what your are doing, you might end up blocking the camp with your own ward.

Gonna hurt a lot beginning-intermediate players but not high-level / pro players who don't jungle anyway until level 4 or so, can do pull-throughs with the camps and are good at de-warding/protecting their camps from being warded.

Tikru8

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » October 18, 2013 9:24am | Report
Oh, god, Naga got nerfed again. She's ****ty now and they made her ****tier... dammit.

What the heck, the update is like killing the game itself..

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dysthymia_Mode » October 18, 2013 10:10am | Report
I hate the fact that they made the target spells into dodgeable projectiles ala the spirit lance and stiffling dagger etc. I don't know why but it feels like Dota lost its luster now due to recent mechanic changes, even just the fact that pudge can dagger into face and chop you into pieces is infuriating. [Just when they removed Fhooking, not saying I hate seeing it though]

Pretty sure this is a first for me on wanting a major nerf right after a new update. OP'd skills everywhere, is it me or Dota moving closer to the shoes of HoN style of game.

Dysthymia_Mode

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved