Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Gameplay Update

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » New Gameplay Update 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 25, 2016 1:07pm | Report
Safecyn wrote:

Kyphoid... was right about Intelligence increasing spell damage....

IKR

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 25, 2016 1:08pm | Report
Alright, so after some cool down and consideration, what do we have?

From all the meta heroes only OD was balanced.
Luna is still unplayable because Slark will be in every game, I think you can actually go Silver into SnY on him now with all the buffs to these items.
Kunkka is doubtfully playable because Invoker is still ********, Omni wasn't nerfed and probably there will be a lot more of TA with this new stone thingy. And Abyssal if dog**** on him now.
Brew is good I guess.
WK is very good if I understood his crit change correctly.
Pugna is fine too I think, though weaker.
Arc Warden is literally unplayable, why did I even write a guide for him xDDDDD I don't even know what to do with it anymore, like, erase all the stuff I have written and just put big red "DO NOT PICK THIS HERO HE IS DEAD" disclaimer?

Right now I'm really not sure if I want to play this game anymore. This seems like the worst patch I have ever witnessed. Gg reddit balancing or whoever's genuis came up with those changes.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 25, 2016 1:31pm | Report
Added all the new items to the database, have fun tagging them! :)

Bloodthorn!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » April 25, 2016 3:01pm | Report
Metas so far
Drow Ranger and Silencer rushing Hurrican pike anyone ?
Blade Mail now stacks with armor too ?
CANCER LANCER TIME ?Bots Difussal Basher Vanguard Echo Sabre IS his build ?
Void is now a viable carry chrono independent ? SnY blink and Echo Sabre are the way to go ?

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 25, 2016 7:18pm | Report
I cry. So hard.

You lot really are better than Reddit.
You wanna hear what they say? No you don't. You shouldn't. Haven't slept in 93 hours and I am gonna take a nice long nap before the horde hits you.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 25, 2016 7:26pm | Report
Just a small spoiler, you will see attributes added to strength gain in a few patches, much like how agi and int have 2 possible. Also, people should realize that if int was to be buffed you really need to nerf mana regeneration on items that don't have the objective of providing mana regeneration, but utility.

Y'all should have seen the abyssal change coming, considering basher changes in last few patches.

Scan is not wierd. It is my miniscule attempt at bringing coordinated plays in pub, especially when you really need that turnaround late game fight.

Game will push for utility with damage options limited but specialized. It's now about who nails the laning stage, getting the most exp/gold tradeoff out of it. Offlaners will do well even if they start denying now. But no one can win unless they kill enemies. Farm to win and rat buildings is not gonna happen.

Now where was I with all magic damage affecting buildings? I need to atleast experiment with that sheet.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 26, 2016 1:01am | Report
This is literally the worst timing I've ever seen for a patch.

I have a 3000 word essay due Thursday night.

I recently lost all my progress on it due to a hard drive failure.

And you're giving me ANOTHER reason to procrastinate?!!

Farm to win and rat buildings is not gonna happen.

Yet you buffed Naga, Tb and Morphling?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 26, 2016 11:46am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

This is literally the worst timing I've ever seen for a patch.

I have a 3000 word essay due Thursday night.

I recently lost all my progress on it due to a hard drive failure.

And you're giving me ANOTHER reason to procrastinate?!!

Yet you buffed Naga, Tb and Morphling?

Because they will use the boon I gave them in team fights!

You can't just be doing yohoho I went jungling and came out with a solid lead on gold. Or hey I went radiance! Autowin!

This meta is gank skirmish meta that goes totally bamboozled levels of crazy if it ever goes really late. It is a viewers delight, this meta. I kid you not.TI is gonna be a cracker.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 26, 2016 11:46am | Report
Pm me your essay. I can help add stuff and proofread it.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » April 26, 2016 5:25pm | Report
More Reactions From Me:

Honestly FrozenAmphibian WTF Are You Doing
  • Slark - My main, my babe, my favorite hero, now broken as hell. I am so scared. I don;t want the nerf hammer coming down on him. Abuse Echo Sabre Slark while you can kids.
  • Aghanim's Scepter - What are these? They seems pretty pointless to me... Mirana now pays 4k gold to... farm better? I think 1 starstorm is just fine. Dunkshaker is now a thing. What is the point of Gyro's? Ultimate kiting? Permaslow with Skadi? idek. Oracle Machine gun. Not sure the Benefit here.
  • Arc Warden - Well this guy is not going to be seeign the light of day this patch. RIP.
  • Phantom Assassin. (Still) complete garbage. I'm still going to use her because my motto is f*ck silver edge.
Still Too Strong:
  • Invoker - Dear god Icefrog get rid of this cottonheaded ninnymuggins. I honestly never wanna see this guy above 10th in popularity ever again. Too much utility, damage, everything.
  • Legion Commander - Seriously? No nerfs? And you BUFFED Blade Mail? Cancer Commander confirmed.
  • Phantom Lancer - You just gave this kid everything he wanted, especially witht hat Abyssal rework. As if he wasnt annyoing already
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved