Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

It’s Happening

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » It’s Happening 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » July 3, 2014 8:48pm | Report

It’s Happening

July 3, 2014 - Dota Team

The International draws near! All around the world players and spectators are preparing themselves for the battles to come. It all begins next Tuesday the 8th with the start of the Playoffs. To help you get the most out of the biggest event in Dota history, visit The International Tournament Website, where you can review the entire tournament schedule, find spoiler-free streams of each day’s games, learn about the new Multicast and Newcomer’s Broadcast streams, locate a local Pubstomp, read up on the latest TI4 news, discover what this year’s champions stand to win, and more.

Need more ways to keep track of The International? Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter (#TI4), Flickr, and Instagram.

Once the dust has settled and the new champions have emerged, everyone who owns a Compendium will discover a new gem in their inventory to show off their dedication to The International by displaying their Compendium level, as well as a new emoticon to match. The types of gem and emoticon received will change based on the owner’s Compendium level when the tournament ends:

> Copper (Level 1)

> Bronze (Level 10)

> Silver (Level 25)

> Gold (Level 50)

> Platinum (Level 100)

> Diamond (Level 500)

Finally, we’re launching a new batch of treasures on the store, all of which feature sets and items from pro players and teams. Open a Treasure of the Elemental Trophy, Tangled Keepsake, and Cannon’s Fuse to claim items from a variety of pro teams and players, or purchase a Treasure of the Eternal Alliance to earn one of several new items from last year’s grand champions, Alliance.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » July 4, 2014 2:54am | Report
Platinum I suppose, as there's no way I'll be making it to 500. Fair play to those who supported the prize pool to such an extent though!

I've looked through the items for sale, and I honestly could easily spend about £300.00 without thinking about it if I was there. The fact that many will be available to buy even outside of Seattle is going to cripple me financially for a month, that's for sure.

RIP in Peace wallet.

Just disappointed about the economy cards as I don't think those will be available outside of the Secret Shop at TI4, unless I've gotten my wires crossed. I really wanted the Dragon Knight set - Father of Dragons/Dragon's Ascension. It looks incredible.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 4, 2014 3:11am | Report
I'm hoping to get to gold before the compendium ends... I'm not sure about platinum, but if I empty my wallet I might be able to reach it.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 4, 2014 8:10am | Report
Lucky. I don't have any money. I'm at bronze. :(

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 4, 2014 8:11am | Report
My compendium is only level 9, didn't really spend money on it :D
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 4, 2014 8:12am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Lol keep it that way! I spent every penny I had on upgrading. I'll admit the rewards are quite nice though.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » July 4, 2014 8:21am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Haven't you played much recently?

I ask because I got 21 Compendium levels purely by playing and levelling it up normally without spending the money initially, and I don't play a lot of matches generally.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 4, 2014 8:55am | Report
About The International itself, I'm really looking forward to seeing the eastern scene versus the western scene: as SyndereN said in the recent Empire vs Fnatic match, these big tournaments create their own "meta", and teams just have to adapt: maybe one team will come up with another gamebreaking strategy like Alliance did last year (remember how the picks were before TI3? Completely different), and players will either have to learn to play it, or just lose every time. I'm also really happy because the Hero pool is much bigger than it was last year, when everyone always picked Gyrocopter, Dark Seer and Nature's Prophet.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 4, 2014 10:36am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I'm hoping to get to gold before the compendium ends... I'm not sure about platinum, but if I empty my wallet I might be able to reach it.

...or you could just guess the top 6 Teams correctly for 100 free levels.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 4, 2014 10:41am | Report
How easy would that be?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved