Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Free to Play Documentary: Coming Soon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Free to Play Documentary: Coming Soon 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 21, 2014 2:34am | Report

Valve Post

Free to Play Documentary: Coming Soon

February 19, 2014 - Dota Team

Experience the first International through the eyes of players who lived it. Free to Play is Valve’s feature length documentary detailing the efforts of three Dota 2 players as they battle to win the first million dollar grand prize in the history of competitive videogames.

Free to Play will be available for free on Steam March 19th. When the film is out, you’ll be able to show your support for the featured players by purchasing the Free to Play Competitor Pack, which will be available through the Dota 2 Store and Steam. With the Competitor Pack you’ll receive several in-game rewards including pro player item sets for Pudge, Doom, and Sven. You’ll also obtain a Free to Play courier, a special ward, and a custom HUD skin. Plus a portion of each purchase will go toward the players featured in the film: Danil “Dendi” Ishutin, Benedict “HyHy” Lim, and Clinton “Fear” Loomis.

Visit the Free to Play website to watch the trailer and learn more about the film.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » February 21, 2014 8:48pm | Report
Video gaming's come a long way...

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 21, 2014 11:27pm | Report
Same concepts with a bigger audience and more revenue.

Essentially its gonna be a video about some kids who banked everything on a game mod that became popular years later.
If its reasonably priced, I'll purchase it and watch it once.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » February 22, 2014 1:21am | Report
Actually, the documentary is free- "Free to Play will be available for free on Steam March 19th."

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 22, 2014 7:39am | Report
I was referring to the competitor pack.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » February 22, 2014 6:59pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

I was referring to the competitor pack.

Oh.

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved