Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #3 Winner !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Forge of Creation #3 Winner ! 34 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 17, 2014 10:56pm | Report
No and no. There's no theme for this one, it's set. Probably for the next contest, there's going to be a theme selection.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 17, 2014 11:47pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

No and no. There's no theme for this one, it's set. Probably for the next contest, there's going to be a theme selection.

Im not sure if I meant clearly.

Did he chose the next FoC? Like make a hero, make an item, make a hero with abilities based on...., rework a hero, etc...
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 18, 2014 12:01am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Im not sure if I meant clearly.

Did he chose the next FoC? Like make a hero, make an item, make a hero with abilities based on...., rework a hero, etc...

He ain't the one to choose that. I am, he would just be giving the major theme people should adapt to. For example, if now we are going to rework heroes (which we are), he could specify the theme the heroes could be reworked around.

So I'll make it official then. We are going to rework heroes (you'll each receive a random hero), but you must hold on to his signature skill while changing anything else :

For example, if you get Axe, you have to change anything but Counter Helix.
If you get Invoker, you'll have to change everything but Invoke, meaning all new elements and invoked skills.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 18, 2014 12:13am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

For example, if you get Axe, you have to change anything but Counter Helix.
If you get Invoker, you'll have to change everything but Invoke, meaning all new elements and invoked skills.

Can you give information about the signature skill? Im kinda confused about Bane, Necrophos, Lina, Sniper, etc.

And should we make it completely untouched, or we may make a different scaling?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 18, 2014 12:27am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Can you give information about the signature skill? Im kinda confused about Bane, Necrophos, Lina, Sniper, etc.

And should we make it completely untouched, or we may make a different scaling?

Completly untouched. Well, the skill that makes the hero unique. While on Necrophos it's most probably Reaper's Scythe, on Lina it's Fiery Soul and so on. On Sniper it would be Take Aim, and on Bane Nightmare.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 18, 2014 1:11am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Completly untouched. Well, the skill that makes the hero unique. While on Necrophos it's most probably Reaper's Scythe, on Lina it's Fiery Soul and so on. On Sniper it would be Take Aim, and on Bane Nightmare.

This is still quite inaccurate, not all heroes have the skill that can be clearly defined as signature. And what if someone gets panda, with her ulti as signature, and her agh's is tied with her first 3 skills that we have to change, so it is impossible to change wis QWE without changing ulti?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 18, 2014 1:20am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Necrophos: Death Pulse is his main source of utility, and it requires Sadist. This is why I am confused.
Lina: So the nuker's signature ability is Fiery Soul? o_O
Sniper: May be true, but his carrying powers are from Headshot
Bane: Not sure, I think you may be right
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » October 18, 2014 2:22am | Report
Whatever, guys. Honestly, we should be able to change or replace any ability we want, but it is the core concepts that should be left untouched. For example, Timbersaw's core concept is high mobility, good defense against physical damage and strong, spammable nukes, so we have to centre the new abilities around these fundamental aspects.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 18, 2014 2:25am | Report
how about this... when you are given a hero you must keep one skill completely intact(as in NOT CHNAGE) this choice is yours.

i think this works

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 18, 2014 2:48am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

how about this... when you are given a hero you must keep one skill completely intact(as in NOT CHNAGE) this choice is yours.

i think this works

Guess it might be better just not to cause confusion among people.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved