Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota 2 Update: First Blood

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Dota 2 Update: First Blood 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » September 23, 2013 9:42pm | Report

First Blood!

The Warcraft 3 veterans and LAN tournament lovers in general are treated to a great dose of nostalgia with the introduction of local play, a fitting update for the follow up of the game's release.

A new game mode is being introduced, this new mode favors the likes of Draft Mode and Captain's Mode players. Your pitted 5v5 in a Captain's Mode with a randomized pool of twenty-four heroes.

Messy inventories are now a thing of the past, with Improved Armory, you're now 95% more likely to not be pestered to dig through a labyrinth of junk and jewels.

The Valve Co. convenience store just got a shipping of brand new hats and shades featuring a whole Aperture Science HUD, Announcer, Mega-kills, and Ward pack.

To read about more, just click the image above!

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » September 24, 2013 1:17am | Report
And a First Blood on the comment too!

Still updating, so couldn't play atm. Really waiting for that Glados announcer pack, though unfortunately it's bundled in so i have to trade in myself.

Apart from that, nothing seems worth mentioning. New sets are nice but not high priority. Bugfixes, glad to hear. Armory remake, good. LAN, might be good here (SEA) but not for me, i always play online. Might use it from time to time though.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 24, 2013 3:49am | Report
GlaDOS rocks. Tbh, I don't think LAN isn't going to be used that much within normal players, Captain's draft is just silly imo, and the treasure isn't exciting at all. Having an organized inventory is nice though.

Timbersaw less OP now :C Fountain hooks are gone, and that's pretty sad too.

Quoted:
The quality of the item drops you are eligible for is now tied to your Dota profile level. You can see your current drop level in your profile page

Quoted:
Alt-left clicking on an enemy icon in the top bar will send a chat message that the hero is missing

Quoted:
Item purchases can be made at the secret shop if the courier is at that location without selecting the courier

Quoted:
Upgraded Items can always be disassembled within 10 seconds of the combine (same rules as sell back)

Aside from GlaDOS, these are the best parts of the update for me. They make the game better. I'd have to disagree with this though:

Quoted:
Added profile privacy option to prevent viewing of Steam/DOTA profiles

Could this be their way of making a method to prevent people from noticing the not-so-perfect MM system?
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 24, 2013 4:28am | Report
Pretty interesting, no new heroes yet. :(
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved