Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Compendium Rewards Incoming

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Compendium Rewards Incoming 46 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » May 12, 2015 12:41am | Report
Valve, you should have made the damn immortals BEFORE you released this stuff. Touch it up BEFORE. Just wait til we hit Box 3. Those better be friken AMAZING. They are gonna take forever ;_;
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 12, 2015 12:51am | Report
They've generated like 24 million in income from TI within 2 weeks.

That's an incredibly short time. Whilst Valve are usually bad with times and the like, I give them some of the benefit of the doubt this time.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 12, 2015 12:59am | Report
Actually they've generated 30 million.

25% of all purchases go to TI prize pool.

We're at ~7,500,000USD

7.5*4 = 30

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 12, 2015 1:10am | Report
going to help out a bit lads.

basically most companies will operate off a risk/cost efficient scenario or RCES system. this means that they have a range of predicted market behaviours for a product and they basically cater to the most risk/cost efficient prediction.

for this situation it would be simple.

why spend the time money and company production costs when there might be the risk that the required input doesn't manage to reach the output?

therefore it is more cost efficient to complete 60% of the required production quota until the input achieves or surpasses the output, THEN complete the remaining 40% within the knowledge that the costs are already covered.

EVEN if there are market predictions based off previous consumer actions that the input WILL be met it is always more efficient to only do what will bring the least risk.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 12, 2015 1:26am | Report
I don't doubt Valve will bring the treasures soon.

I'm not worried.

And isn't the cost efficiency specifically on basis of risk?

I'm not complaining lol. I only have a lvl 90 compendium. I might bring it up to 175 next week, who knows.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 12, 2015 10:41am | Report

Actually they've generated 30 million.

25% of all purchases go to TI prize pool.

We're at ~7,500,000USD

7.5*4 = 30

Valve put 1.6 million into the prize pool themselves. Thus, it's only about 5.9 that's been generated, thus roughly 24 million in sales.

I'm still wondering if the fact that they've shown one of the third compendium ones is a Zeus is just an attempt to make us get there quicker.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved