Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Compendium Level Up

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Compendium Level Up 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 15, 2015 8:41am | Report

Compendium Level Up

May 14, 2015 - Dota Team

Today’s update brings new ways to earn Compendium Coins and Levels.

The Ten Hero Challenge returns from last year, and gives all Compendium owners the chance to earn additional Compendium Levels by winning matchmaking games with a selection of heroes. The Ten Hero Challenge can be completed up to three times with a different selection of heroes for a total of 450 points (4.5 Levels).

We’ve also brought back Item Recycling. Whenever you recycle any 10 items, you’ll earn 25 points toward a Compendium Level as well as a Charm of the Crucible Jewel II. There are also three Compendium Achievements for Charms to help you earn more Compendium Points. If you have extra TI5 Compendium Immortals, you can consume them to gain two Compendium Levels by right-clicking on them in your Armory.

All Compendium owners will now have an additional slot for hero-specific challenges in their list of in-game challenges, which will award both Compendium Coins and points toward Compendium Levels when completed.

Now that Team invites are out, don’t forget to vote for your favorite players to participate in this year’s All-Stars event. Completing this task will grant you 50 Compendium Points.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » May 15, 2015 9:41am | Report
I really don't like the inane monetisation of the compendium leveling system :/

I would really like the Ti 4 dropping system to come back.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » May 15, 2015 10:26am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

I really don't like the inane monetisation of the compendium leveling system :/

Ahh... Those 2 cents compendium points on the market :). Good times there.

This year valve is giving us ****py rewards for levelling compendiums. More immortals for buyers, which will be sold on the market for a really cheap price. The dagon/tp/etc effects will be removed after the event is done too.. Correct me if im wrong. 80$ for an ulti special effect.. Though it is incredibly awesome, there is no way on earth im paying 80$ for a special effect. I'd rather buy an arcana.

Why is valve so greedy lately.. First paid mods and now compendium ripoff xD.

Also, has anyone ever get lucky with redeeming coins? Today I got the magnus set with the special icons. The bundle worth like 17$ on the market. But the individual items are waaay cheaper. Anybody knows why? Is it because the chest only contains inscribed items?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 15, 2015 2:32pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Ahh... Those 2 cents compendium points on the market :). Good times there.

This year valve is giving us ****py rewards for levelling compendiums. More immortals for buyers, which will be sold on the market for a really cheap price. The dagon/tp/etc effects will be removed after the event is done too.. Correct me if im wrong. 80$ for an ulti special effect.. Though it is incredibly awesome, there is no way on earth im paying 80$ for a special effect. I'd rather buy an arcana.

Why is valve so greedy lately.. First paid mods and now compendium ripoff xD.

Also, has anyone ever get lucky with redeeming coins? Today I got the magnus set with the special icons. The bundle worth like 17$ on the market. But the individual items are waaay cheaper. Anybody knows why? Is it because the chest only contains inscribed items?

Sets without inscriptions seem to sell for way more than sets with inscriptions all ready on them. Not sure why, but it seems to be a theme with all sets.

For some reason people want blank sets, so that might explain why individual items are cheaper.

EDIT; I redeemed 1k coins for a set the other day, was an Invoker set, not really what I was looking for but I'll take it nonetheless ;p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 15, 2015 4:47pm | Report
Happy that they've introduced more challenges. There should be more ways to gain additional levels without paying; they should just be far slower than actually spending the money, which they are.

Will try and get as many levels as I can get from these, but I'll end up spending a decent amount to get level 250 I imagine.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Devampi » May 18, 2015 9:19am | Report
yeah the new challenge is way better (unless you get terrible ones like kill with techies or a game as meepo (I suck at both of them). And the 10 hero challenge is fun under same circumstances
In love with the random button

Devampi

Notable (1)
Steam: Devampi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 18, 2015 11:41am | Report
I got CM in my 10 hero challenge :DD

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » May 18, 2015 11:50am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I got CM in my 10 hero challenge :DD

Meanwhile, the other nine heroes:

Invoker
Earth Spirit
Meepo
Io
Chen
Lone Druid
Oracle
Alchemist
Shadow Demon
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 18, 2015 12:11pm | Report
I will be waiting for that time when compendium items are individually sold at the community market to get from you, compedium people, the sole item I think deserves to be paid: Mr. Almond :D

Meanwhile, I try to help my teammates complete their chalenges, because that increases the chances of people leveling up the compendium, therefore my chances of getting Mr. Almond for a fair price. BUAHAHAH

(just kidding)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 18, 2015 1:57pm | Report

The other heroes are actually almost all mid laners, so I'm quite screwed.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved