Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Community Spotlight - Interview with Wulfstan

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Community Spotlight - Interview with Wulfstan 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 1, 2014 1:29pm | Report

This is our second community spotlight, this time it features Wulfstan, one of our most devoted members who is also one of our Moderators!

He has been around for a very long time and I'm sure he has some interesting things to share with all of us, including his vast experience about out beloved DotA 2.

For the start, what's your name, how old are you and where are you from?

• My full name is Tuduc Tiberiu-Ioan, but in the online community I am known as Wulfstan.

For how long have you been playing DotA ? ( both DotA 1 and 2 )

• I've been playing for about 7 years.

You've been around the DOTAFire community for a long time, what made you stay here to become one of the most significant members of our community?

• The warmth I was first greeted with when I got here first of all! I was looking for an online community of Dota 2 players since I got my hands on a betakey. 1 week later, I found DOTAFire. I was pretty excited when I saw that not only can I talk about my games, and improve, or help others do so as well, but I could also make guides, and help the site out in general.

Did you plan to achieve such a high rank or it just happened because you deserved it?

• I never expected to get any rank. Every DotA forum I've been on before I was a commoner, the backbone of the site basically. Because without users, what is the point of even having the site? Back to the actual question, I've been approached about a promotion to the Editor rank a really long time ago. I accepted without hesitation.

Since you've been here for some years, did our community become better than it used to be at that time?

• Members come and go, but the community expanded a lot since I've been here. The community improved a lot, both in quantity and quality.

Is there something you would like to see changed or added to DOTAFire?

• I'd really like to see a search option added, and maybe CAPTCHA, due to the massive bot invasion we had maybe a month ago. Changed? Not really. While change is sometimes good, I don't see the need for change. At least not yet.

What makes DOTAFire more special in comparison with the other DotA 2 communities?

• The community itself! Every other DotA 2 community I saw is really toxic. While ours had a couple of scape goats as well, it's really the knight in shining armor compared to the other ones. The layout is also helping a lot, information is easy to access.

Which other members do you appreciate the most?

• I appreciate everyone, and I'd like something from everyone, be it Peppo's or Sando's guide writing skill, or Xyrus's gift of explaining things in a fashionable manner. (and mathematics).

Besides playing DotA 2 and spending time on DOTAFire, what other things do you like to do?

• Well, playing other computer games, I play a large variety of them, but mostly ones that have really hard mechanics, or are just downright unfair. I also read a lot, especially novels.

Do you have any shotouts to our members and your friends?

• Shoutout to all the DOTAFire members! Without you, I would probably not be here today. Shoutout to SparkZoneXXX and Gore for getting me into playing this wonderful game 7 years ago.

I'd like to thank Wulfstan for his time and effort he put into answering my questions, and also for being one of the greatest member of our community, and also one of my best supportive friends!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 2, 2014 7:32am | Report
And thats how the cookie crumbles!!
Lovely.

And our double post hating mod is kinda handsome.(if thats your pic btw)

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 2, 2014 7:57am | Report

And thats how the cookie crumbles!!
Lovely.

And our double post hating mod is kinda handsome.(if thats your pic btw)

it is.

And if i'm doing this right "Don't post it on the internet."-Wulfy-chan

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » December 2, 2014 8:37am | Report
Quoted:

And if i'm doing this right "Don't post it on the internet."-Wulfy-chan

It's on facebook already, so might as well provide a pic.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 2, 2014 8:42am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:
  • I appreciate everyone, and I'd like something from everyone, be it Peppo's or Sando's guide writing skill, or Xyrus's gift of explaining things in a fashionable manner. (and mathematics).

Appreciate my MUSTACHE dammit! >8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 2, 2014 8:55am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Appreciate my MUSTACHE dammit! >8{D

OMG HE HAS A MUSTACHE GUIDE!!
(}8E
(}8E
(}8E
(}8E
(}8E
(}8E
PEASANTS!! BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING XYRUS!

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » December 2, 2014 4:41pm | Report
Wonderful interview hades as usual and its actually nice to see some of those who the "bigger" world of Dota don't know getting some spot light they deserve for everyone of us who have an account and everyone who just reads without one.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 3, 2014 2:52am | Report
Thank you, glad you like it!

I'll try to make more soon enough.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 3, 2014 6:00am | Report
Great Interview Hades.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 3, 2014 9:30am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

You've been around the DOTAFire community for a long time, what made you stay here to become one of the most significant members of our community?

• The warmth I was first greeted with when I got here first of all! I was looking for an online community of Dota 2 players since I got my hands on a betakey. 1 week later, I found DOTAFire. I was pretty excited when I saw that not only can I talk about my games, and improve, or help others do so as well, but I could also make guides, and help the site out in general.

This is pretty much the same reason why I have stayed with this community for as long as I have as well. I showed up, talked a little bit about my skill level (which at that time was abysmal) and got help from so many people on this site. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Wulfstan was the first person to welcome me to the community back when he was a Greenie. Awesome interview, always love learning about the amazing people in this community of ours.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved