Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Celebrity Spotlight: Interview with w33haa, 1# global player, 7500 MMR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Celebrity Spotlight: Interview with w33haa, 1# global player, 7500 MMR 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 31, 2014 11:49am | Report

Let me present to you, one of the world's best players, w33haa, who is currently sitting at 7500+ matchmaking rating, being ranked the first in the world and also the first one ever reaching 7500 matchmaking rating!

Make sure to support him by visiting and following his fan pages:

For the start, what's your name, how old are you and where are you from?

• Hello, my name is Omar Aliwi, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Romania.

For how long have you been playing DotA ? Both DotA and DotA 2.

• I've been playing since approximately 10 to 11 years.

You're best known for being the player with the highest MMR on the board in the world, (7500+ at the moment) how do you feel about this?

• There's really not much to it, MMR is just a number but when it grows, people start noticing you, so I'm just gonna keep on doing it.

Are you currently playing for a team? If yes, what team and how well is it going?

• I'm currently playing for Balkan Bears Corleone ( BBC ), and I can say it's going pretty well, except for the lack of practice and concentration during games, if we'd have those we could take almost any team.

How often do you guys have training sessions and how long do they usually take?

• We often have 2-3 days per week of practice sessions and they can take from 2 to 6 hours, depending on the situation.

There are many players out there struggling to gain MMR, do you have any advice for them?

• Don't think about it, just play every single game like you have to win it, that way there will be no more pressure on you and you'll even enjoy the game more. Remember guys, your mentality is what drives you to play good or bad.

What do you think about the people who are creating new accounts in order to win a lot of matches and have a high MMR?

• I don't have much to say about that, if they're capable of raising a new account to high MMR then they probably deserve it.

The International 2014 ended some time ago, what do you think about the event and the grand winner? Did you expect Newbee to win?

• I honestly didn't expect Newbee to win but as an underdog myself, I kind of wished for it when I saw them climbing to the upper bracket when they were in danger of elimination, that just made it a lot more emotional to watch, as for the event I haven't been there but it seemed like a good job from Valve's part.

What do you think about the DotA 2 LANs hosted on stadiums? Will we see this more often in the future?

• It certainly is a good idea but if we might see it happen, that depends if there are people who are willing to sponsor such an event.

Are you looking forward to becoming a professional player or just a very popular personality and streamer?

• I'm looking to become more of a professional player rather than a streamer. When I started streaming I did it so I can show people how can I play, that opened up a lot of opportunities for professional gaming where everyone's watching it and I'm not going to throw that chance away to become a popular streamer, that's nothing compared to an actual professional gamer. I'll try to keep streaming as much as I can but I'll focus on professional gaming for now.

In your opinion, what is the biggest problem the DotA 2 community is facing right now?

• In my opinion, the biggest problem the DotA 2 community has is considering they know everything about the game and blaming everything except themselves for their mistakes, that opens up a lot of hatred for professional teams/player and current meta along with the matchmaking system and especially a lot of hate for the CIS players when they have the biggest community and some of the best teams came from there.

Many players are having a hard time with the ranked system, do you think the MMR and matchmaking system are fair?

• I think the matchmaking system is fair up to a point ( 6,5k rating ), after that it's very hard to find a game ( 10 to 15 min queues ) and it almost always ends up with a 6,5k player with 4k teammates against another 6k player with 4k teammates that gives from 5 to 10 points per win and takes 30 to 45 rating per loss. There aren't a lot of 6k-7k players atm but if you make them wait 10-20 minutes for a game then why bother putting them with people who have 3000-4000 less rating than them?

How do you see our beloved DotA 2 in 5-10 years?

• I can see DotA 2 growing, but only to a limit and I think 5-10 years is a lot, I think we're going to see about 2 more internationals until something else as exciting is gonna come up and everyone;s going to forget about DotA 2.

This is a question many have asked before, how difficult it is to have a balanced professional DotA life and also a social life?

• It is not difficult at all if you keep everything organized, just try not to mix them together and give the same amount of time for each.

What do you enjoy the most about DotA 2? Would you change something about the game?

• I enjoy dota 2 as a whole, and the only thing i would change in the game is to add techies faster.

That's about it, would you like to say something to our members and your fans, any shoutouts maybe ?

• Shoutout to all my fans and the members of DOTAFire for the wonderful job they're doing and shoutout to Balkan Bears for their great support through our journey.

Thank you w33haa for your time and effort you put into answering our questions, good luck and keep on going!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 1, 2014 12:42pm | Report
A really good interview, with a great guy in general. Love his Earth Spirit, seeing him play it made me pick it up too.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » August 1, 2014 2:54pm | Report
w33 is a pleasure to watch, I'm entertained by his games.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » August 3, 2014 4:29pm | Report
Thank you again Hades for these wonderful interviews. We really do need to give you something for it I think.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 3, 2014 4:31pm | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Thank you again Hades for these wonderful interviews. We really do need to give you something for it I think.

Just doing my best to make you guys happy, coming up with more as soon as I can!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » August 3, 2014 9:32pm | Report
Given, enjoy

but seriously you mods deserve some gifts for all the hard work, I'm sure the dotafire community would be willing to pool up and get you a couple of games or something.
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » August 6, 2014 2:36am | Report
Really enjoy w33's Meepo play.

Thanks for taking the time to get content like this for the forum.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved