7.00 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » 7.00 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win!
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gil Bot » January 9, 2017 11:03pm | Report
Hello Guys! Here is my new guide http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/guide-to-invoker-exort-quas-for-7-01-patch-25773 .... Leave a comment or vote on the guide if you liked it. :) Why not check it out? Have a good day everyone! :)

-Gil Bot

Gil Bot

Unremarkable (1)
Steam: TJ
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 10, 2017 8:11am | Report
@Gil Bot

Hey, you have a really nice and complex guide there, great job! :)

The beginning is too crowded with item sequences, in my opinion. In the guide crafting menu there's an option to create multiple builds, try to do that to keep everything nicely organized, that would be more appealing and easier to access for the viewers.

Moving on, there's a lot of good information that people need to know, but try to make it easy to read and understand, make some lists, add some colors, maybe try to add a table, be creative and try to view your guide yourself as a viewer, see what it misses!

Besides that, no comment, it's a great guide and I have you a positive vote, keep up the great work!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Distinguished (251)
Steam: hades4you
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mystikal » January 10, 2017 10:03pm | Report
Wait so winners are randomly chosen? Wtf... I thought the winners would be the best guides with the most votes... Basically a poorly written and botched guide is worth as much as the best one. I was gonna share the most game winning strat of 7.00 with you guys but since its random ill pass

Mystikal

Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 11, 2017 3:05am | Report
Mystikal wrote:

Wait so winners are randomly chosen? Wtf... I thought the winners would be the best guides with the most votes... Basically a poorly written and botched guide is worth as much as the best one. I was gonna share the most game winning strat of 7.00 with you guys but since its random ill pass

The OP reads as "Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta."

You need to have a logical train of thought to be qualified under the raffle. Then it's a matter of chance.

Believe me no troll IO carry 6 rapier boi is gonna qualify. Rest assured and keep working at your guide.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Unremarkable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 11, 2017 5:26am | Report
@Mystikal

We have 10 winners for the best guides and 21 random winners for the contest raffle. All the info is in the main post. :)

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Distinguished (251)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mystikal » January 11, 2017 6:27am | Report
''Simply create or update a guide during the contest to be automatically entered!'' Nowhere it mention that you win if youre the best it just says you get more entries if your build is more complete (5000+ letters)

Mystikal

Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 11, 2017 11:09am | Report
@Mystikal

Those are entries for the raffle alone, the entries won't matter for selecting the best guides.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Distinguished (251)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » January 11, 2017 11:12am | Report
That is referring to the fact that you don't have to go somewhere specific to enter your guide to the contest. If you create or update a guide during the contest we will look at it and judge it, as well as it being entered for the participation raffle.

Mowen
<Community Manager>

Unremarkable (15)
Steam: mowen_77
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 11, 2017 7:56pm | Report
Would have really appreciated if you went through the whole post rather than just the first few lines. Really puts a bad impression and discourages people to enter.

I hope you understand.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Unremarkable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mystikal » January 13, 2017 3:49pm | Report

Would have really appreciated if you went through the whole post rather than just the first few lines. Really puts a bad impression and discourages people to enter.

I hope you understand.

Well i did go through the whole post. twice and it was still the impression i got. I had to ask to be sure. Anyway, here is my secret weapon http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/the-most-game-winning-strat-of-7-00-25952

Mystikal

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!