Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

7.00 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » 7.00 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win! 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 16, 2016 2:40pm | Report

Are you as excited about Update 7.00 as we are? Good! Because such a big patch means that all guides need to be updated to include talents and new skilling orders.

Talents are now in the guide builder, so be sure to add talents to your hero guides!

We're doing a contest / giveaway to reward those members helping to keep our guides up to date. By participating you can win the new Monkey King Arcana - Great Sage's Reckoning, the new Terrain - The King's New Journey, forum badges and titles, or a Fall 2016 Treasure IV!

Guide Contest (10 Winners)
We'll be separating the guide contest into the 5 different categories, one for each meta role. Contestants will have 4 weeks to enter. Simply create or update a guide during the contest to be automatically entered!

5 Winners will receive:

Gold Badge + Forum Title

5 Runner-ups will receive:

Silver Badge

To qualify for the guide contest your guide must have at least 5000 characters (characters, not words, includes bbcode) and a properly filled out build - skill sequence, talents, and at least core items in the item purchase order. Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

If you want feedback for your guide simply leave a comment in this post! The DOTAFire community will be happy to help by giving your guide feedback. :)

Contest Categories
We'll be separating the guide contest into the 5 meta roles, (1) Carry, (2) Mid, (3) Offlane, (4) Support, (5) Hard Support. If you are writing a guide for a hero that can fulfill multiple roles, as long as each role is fully explained and has a provided build for that role, you can win any of the categories.

(1) Carry - "They'll never know what hit them"

Carries are heroes that are weak early game but become much stronger as the game progresses. To play carry properly you have to efficiently farm and constantly gain experience in order to gain significant item and level advantage over your enemies. To win the Carry category your guide should teach players how to play on the lane, how to efficiently and effectively gain gold and experience, how to pick your items depending on the situation and different hero match ups, how to properly skill your build and talent tree accordingly and also what to do in each phase of the match.

Winners will receive The Great Sage's Reckoning Arcana, The King's New Journey Terrain, a gold carry badge, and a carry forum title. Runner ups will receive The King's New Journey Terrain and the silver carry badge.

(2) Mid - "Such greatness deserves to be shared"

Mids are heroes that do not require that much gold and experience in order to be a threat to the enemy team. They are usually mobile heroes that deal large amounts of burst damage, that are able to easily help the other lanes by ganking. To win the Mid category your guide should teach players how to properly handle the middle lane while also making sure that the other lanes are being won by his teammates. A good mid is the one that makes his enemies hide when he's missing from the minimap!

Winners will receive The Great Sage's Reckoning Arcana, The King's New Journey Terrain, a gold mid badge, and a mid forum title. Runner ups will receive The King's New Journey Terrain and the silver mid badge.

(3) Offlane - "Let them try and stop me"

Offlanes are heroes that sacrifice their farm and do their best in order to survive the hard lane while also soaking as much experience as possible. They are usually heroes that can be a real pain to the enemies if they manage to gain some early levels, even if they don't manage to get that many items. To win the Offlane category your guide should teach players how to survive on the hard lane while also not falling behind on gold and experience, how to deal against multiple heroes, how to play from behind if needed, how to counter gank and also how to react to various situations such as getting forced out of the lane.

Winners will receive The Great Sage's Reckoning Arcana, The King's New Journey Terrain, a gold offlane badge, and a offlane forum title. Runner ups will receive The King's New Journey Terrain and the silver offlane badge.

(4) Support - "Suffer my sorcery!"

Supports are heroes that have to do their best to make their teammates lives easier. They have to make sure that their team have the vision advantage over the map against the enemy team and also ensure safe farming for the core heroes. Also, the support must be willing at all times to sacrifice himself for the well being of a core hero. To win the Support category your guide should teach players how to help their core heroes farm properly and safely, how to gain the vision advantage of the map by warding and dewarding, how to gank the other lanes, how to counter gank and save your heroes by using teleport scrolls, how to manage to farm as a support without reducing the farm of the core heroes while also dying as rarely as possible thus giving less gold and experience to the enemy team.

Winners will receive The Great Sage's Reckoning Arcana, The King's New Journey Terrain, a gold support badge, and a support forum title. Runner ups will receive The King's New Journey Terrain and the silver support badge.

(5) Hard Support - "All part of the plan"

Hard Support are heroes that have to sacrifice their gold and experience for the well being of the team. Usually, these are heroes that have useful utility spells that do not need many levels at all in order to be useful. The gold of the hard support goes into supportive items such as observer and sentry wards, dust of appearance, smoke of deceit and anything that the team needs in order to win. To win the Hard Support category your guide should teach players how to be able to play and deal with having a low level and few items, how to properly pick and use the needed support items by situation and hero match ups, how to help your teammates by ganking and stacking, how to manage to gain gold and experience through lane pulling and effective ganking while also managing to position yourself well in team fights in order to use your skill set properly for your team.

Winners will receive The Great Sage's Reckoning Arcana, The King's New Journey Terrain, a gold hard support badge, and a hard support forum title. Runner ups will receive The King's New Journey Terrain and the silver hard support badge.

Giveaway Raffle (21 Winners)
Another way to win prizes is simply by participating in our guide community! Earn raffle tickets by voting, leaving constructive comments on guides, or creating your own guide! Here is the breakdown of how many tickets you can earn for different kinds of engagement:

1 Lucky winner will receive:

20 Winners will receive:

How to earn tickets:
  • 1 entry - Vote on a guide
    • (you earn 1 for each guide you vote on)

• 2 entries - Constructive comment on a guide
    • (you earn 2 for each guide you comment on)

• 5 entries - Create or update your own build
    • (limit 1 per person)

• 20 entries - Create or update your own guide
    • (you earn 20 for each guide with 5000 or more characters you write)

• 50 entries - A guide or build you created or updated during the contest earns an 80% or greater score
    • (you earn 50 for each build or guide that has an 80% or more score at contest close)

Details (The Fine Print)

• To qualify for the guide contest your guide must fulfill the following:

• 5000 characters - not words, characters, includes bbcode

• Properly filled out skill sequence, talents, and some items in the purchase order

• Guide text is completely up to date and reflects the current game state

• Any rule breaking or funny business (vote cheating, spamming the same comment on every guide, etc) will get you disqualified, we will check

• You will be contacted via the email associated with your DOTAFire account if you win

• Contest and giveaway closes Jan 13, 2017 at 11:50pm PST (GMT -8)

• Winners of the giveaway raffle will be announced Jan 18, 2017

• Winners of the guide contest will be announced Jan 30, 2017

• Contest and giveaway is worldwide

• Prizes are distributed via Steam. In order for us to give you your prize you will have to provide us with your steam ID and accept our staff member's friend request.

• Winners will have 7 days to claim their prize, after which their prize will be forfeit.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 16, 2016 6:22pm | Report
How can you keep track of our votes and comments?

And here's my guide, I've completely revamped it for 7.00. http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/7-00-gather-round-thesofas-guide-to-puck-10400

glhf guys!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 16, 2016 11:13pm | Report
@FuriousFish If you are writing a guide for a hero that can fulfill multiple roles, as long as each role is fully explained and has a provided build for that role, you can win any of the categories.

@TheSofa there is no way for you to track it on the fly, sorry. We calculate them at the end and will post a list of the tickets everyone earned.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kruemelmonsterxD » December 17, 2016 11:27am | Report
Nice Idea, im currently working on a sniper guide and already have 3900 characters without and 4380 with bbcode. Thinking about adding some playing strategies :D

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/7-00-sniper-kit-25800
May the cookie be with you!

kruemelmonsterxD

Steam: kruemelmonsterxD
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Coryn02 » December 17, 2016 10:24pm | Report
This whole contest thing seems pretty awesome, but I was actually making my guide before I even knew 7.00 was coming.

I've got it to a degree I'm satisfied with, and I' happy with it now. I could improve it, though, and I plan to, so I'd love feedback and (constructive) criticism.

This is it, a guide to a hero not many people play. Thank you in advance.

Coryn02

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by telaso » December 18, 2016 3:44am | Report
many bugs in 7.00 for BUILDS

telaso

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 19, 2016 2:04pm | Report
@telaso could you tell us what bugs you are talking about?

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 23, 2016 11:59am | Report
@kruemelmonsterxD

Glad you're enjoying our contest! Your guide looks pretty good so far, it's complex, it covers a lot of information that you need to know in order to properly play the hero, good job! I'd suggest adding some more information on how to survive the early game, how to position yourself, how to play from behind in case you're not managed to farm very well and try to cover as many situations as possible for the Sniper players to know how to properly react and adapt to any situation and match up.

@Coryn02

We're happy to hear that people like our guide contests, your work means a lot to us! You have a really in depth guide right there, there's so much information that covers pretty much everything a reader could ask for. What I could suggest is making the guide easier to read and also easier to comprehend, there's a lot of information to take in, so it must be as convenient and possible for the readers. Great job though, keep it up!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JasChe_XXIV » December 30, 2016 8:58pm | Report
Got a question (yeah, I'm back lol)
How do you delete a build?
Gonna try to join the contest by updating my Batrider Guide xD
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, I have come to erase that fine line.

Care to check out my guide? Click on the picture below!

Still a bit wonky and nooby but meh, give me a challenge and I'll accept it!

JasChe_XXIV

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 30, 2016 9:29pm | Report
Oh my lord it's him!

Welcome back JasChe!

Edit the guide, then click the grey "x" that appears on the top right hand corner of the build tabs/

Off topic

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved