Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[USA]Meep MerpLooking to refill last mermber slot

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » [USA]Meep MerpLooking to refill last mermber slot 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFirstAi » August 12, 2015 8:12pm | Report
Good Day,

I've put together this team to compete competitively in the Dota2 scene (Currently have an average MMR of 2386). Started looking for recruits back in September of last year. Once completed, we started practicing and just recently started to sign up for some tournaments but unfortunately two of the members had to step down. As such, I'm looking to refill the two slots so we can get back on track as far as tournaments and practices go.

Long term goal is to make it to the grand finals of a big pot tournament, and bring home the big bucks (once we can build our skill and competitive exp of course). We do this not only for the money or to become the best though. First and foremost, we do this for the fun.

I'm bringing my data analyst background to the table. I believe that, with proper analysis, anything can be brought down to the basic building blocks and thoroughly understood. So I'm putting this thought process to Dota2. And from what I've found so far, given the right circumstances, victory seems pretty straight forward. My thought processes and strategies differ than the normal teams you might find. As such, my recruiting method may seem different as well. I'm not looking for a specific role (if anything, I prefer flexibility between roles). I don't care about high MMR, skill level, and/or Dota2 knowledge. What I'm looking for, and how I've filled the team slots thus far, are dedicated fun having people that can synergize with the rest of the team. Skill can be grown, this cannot.

If you are interested in trying out, please reach out to me either by replying to this post, messaging me through dotafire, or messaging me on steam at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198110565318/. My steam name is Ai.

For efficiency purposes, if you could fill out the questionnaire bellow and send it directly to me (not by replying to this post) that would be great.

I look forward to hearing back from the community.

Thank you and have a great day!

Dota2 Name:

Actual Name:

Time Zone:

What time are you normally available in the day/week (in your own time zone):

What roles do your prefer to play:

How skilled would you consider yourself in Dota2 (Noob/Average/Above Average/Semi Pro/Pro):

Considering the qualities we are looking for (in order of importance) Dedication, Fun Having, Communication, Follow the Captian, Provide input/feedback; Do you think you have all that it takes to fit right in?

Do you foresee any problems following my lead, even if you might not understand it or think it humanly impossible?

If it turns out that you currently out skill one, a few, or the entire team, will you have the patience and understanding to have fun along our path until we get up to your skill level? And what if we never reach your skill level?

In the event you are needed for a Lan tournament. Do you foresee any issues with being able to make it?

TheFirstAi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by chiefsleezy » August 13, 2015 8:09pm | Report
TheFirstAi wrote:

Good Day,

I've put together this team to compete competitively in the Dota2 scene (Currently have an average MMR of 2386). Started looking for recruits back in September of last year. Once completed, we started practicing and just recently started to sign up for some tournaments but unfortunately two of the members had to step down. As such, I'm looking to refill the two slots so we can get back on track as far as tournaments and practices go.

Long term goal is to make it to the grand finals of a big pot tournament, and bring home the big bucks (once we can build our skill and competitive exp of course). We do this not only for the money or to become the best though. First and foremost, we do this for the fun.

I'm bringing my data analyst background to the table. I believe that, with proper analysis, anything can be brought down to the basic building blocks and thoroughly understood. So I'm putting this thought process to Dota2. And from what I've found so far, given the right circumstances, victory seems pretty straight forward. My thought processes and strategies differ than the normal teams you might find. As such, my recruiting method may seem different as well. I'm not looking for a specific role (if anything, I prefer flexibility between roles). I don't care about high MMR, skill level, and/or Dota2 knowledge. What I'm looking for, and how I've filled the team slots thus far, are dedicated fun having people that can synergize with the rest of the team. Skill can be grown, this cannot.

If you are interested in trying out, please reach out to me either by replying to this post, messaging me through dotafire, or messaging me on steam at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198110565318/. My steam name is Ai.

For efficiency purposes, if you could fill out the questionnaire bellow and send it directly to me (not by replying to this post) that would be great.

I look forward to hearing back from the community.

Thank you and have a great day!

Dota2 Name: Chiefsleezy

Actual Name: Keifer Benner

Time Zone: US East

What time are you normally available in the day/week (in your own time zone): 4pm and after, Weekends. always avaialable unless i tell you otherwise.

What roles do your prefer to play: Mid or Pos 1

How skilled would you consider yourself in Dota2 (Noob/Average/Above Average/Semi Pro/Pro): Realistically I would put my self at above average, when i play in a team i feel at a semi pro level, definitely not at the pro level yet.

Considering the qualities we are looking for (in order of importance) Dedication, Fun Having, Communication, Follow the Captian, Provide input/feedback; Do you think you have all that it takes to fit right in?

I feel like i want to achieve the same outcome as you do. I want to better myself and better as a team while achieving victory along the way. Dota is a big part of my life and id like to take it to the next level.

Do you foresee any problems following my lead, even if you might not understand it or think it humanly impossible?
I will always listen, sometimes may suggest something but whatever the cpt says, goes.
If it turns out that you currently out skill one, a few, or the entire team, will you have the patience and understanding to have fun along our path until we get up to your skill level? And what if we never reach your skill level?
Like i said previously, i dont want to just get better as an individual, i would like to become better as a whole unit.
In the event you are needed for a Lan tournament. Do you foresee any issues with being able to make it?

I have money and a passport. so im good to go. cant wait to hear back from you.

chiefsleezy

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PhYrE-bAt » August 20, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Dota2 Name: PhYrE-bAt

Actual Name: Alex

Time Zone: US East

What time are you normally available in the day/week (in your own time zone): 5:30-6pm to early morning hours during the week. Weekends I am flexible

What roles do your prefer to play: Carry/Mid but willing to do any

How skilled would you consider yourself in Dota2 (Noob/Average/Above Average/Semi Pro/Pro): I am above average with 90% of the heroes I would guess at least, and semi-pro with a large majority as well. I wouldn't consider myself pro by any means, but I have played dota 2 for over 3,800 hours and been playing since dota 1 about 10 years ago.

Considering the qualities we are looking for (in order of importance) Dedication, Fun Having, Communication, Follow the Captian, Provide input/feedback; Do you think you have all that it takes to fit right in? I always have fun regardless of how the game is going (playing pubs at least), but I am also extremely competitive and I want to win. I am always around to help friends who are new to Dota2 and I have played long enough that I am familiar with all heroes and I can provide good advice and make the team better as a whole.

Do you foresee any problems following my lead, even if you might not understand it or think it humanly impossible? I have no trouble following someone else's lead. I do not believe I have the time to lead a team at this moment, so I have no trouble falling in line. I will voice my opinion, but it will never get to the point of aggravation. I will speak my peace and move forward with whatever the team/captain decides.

If it turns out that you currently out skill one, a few, or the entire team, will you have the patience and understanding to have fun along our path until we get up to your skill level? And what if we never reach your skill level? I enjoy helping others and I would be happy to help others improve as we progress.

In the event you are needed for a Lan tournament. Do you foresee any issues with being able to make it? No sir. I'm always down for a fun Dota 2 trip.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068983135/
steam profile

PhYrE-bAt

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFirstAi » August 30, 2015 12:40am | Report
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Alex, I thought we had filled up the team. The recruit we just on boarded ended up not being on the same page as everyone else on the team, so he ended up leaving the team shortly after getting on it lol. In any case, with that being said:

Going through another recruitment process to find 2 people. If you're still interested please let me know. Same goes for everyone else in this community. Same as my original post. Look it over. If my team is what you've been looking for, and know you have the exact qualities we are looking for, then add me on steam and/or message me.

Thanks,

TheFirstAi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irishinbahston » September 4, 2015 2:56pm | Report
Dota2 Name: Burninat0r

Actual Name: Ryan

Time Zone:

What time are you normally available in the day/week (in your own time zone): I work on my own time as a writer, so whenever

What roles do your prefer to play: support w/ Crystal Maiden, can also go Bloodseeker or Bristleback

How skilled would you consider yourself in Dota2 (Noob/Average/Above Average/Semi Pro/Pro): Average (often lead the team in pub games, but get *** kicked on occasion)

Considering the qualities we are looking for (in order of importance) Dedication, Fun Having, Communication, Follow the Captian, Provide input/feedback; Do you think you have all that it takes to fit right in? Right now I'm trying to learn as much as possible while having fun

Do you foresee any problems following my lead, even if you might not understand it or think it humanly impossible? I'd give it a shot, I have around 300 hours but still have a lot to learn

If it turns out that you currently out skill one, a few, or the entire team, will you have the patience and understanding to have fun along our path until we get up to your skill level? And what if we never reach your skill level? Again, I'm still learning, so it's easy to be patient

In the event you are needed for a Lan tournament. Do you foresee any issues with being able to make it? Not at all

Irishinbahston

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFirstAi » September 4, 2015 5:40pm | Report
Thanks for the reply. I'll transfer this over to my spread sheet and go over with t team. Go ahead and add me on steam. Will reach out to you.

Thanks!

TheFirstAi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved