Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forming a new, European time zone, English Speaking, beginner friendly guild

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Forming a new, European time zone, English Speaking, beginner friendly guild 81 posts - page 1 of 9
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by carranty » November 25, 2013 9:15am | Report
"Failure is Always an Option!"

Fed up of ill-mannered, uncooperative pub game players? Tired of going for over 10 minutes with no courier? Then maybe this is the group for you. Welcome, to 'The Epic Failures'!

I'll be honest with you folks, so far this group consists of just one person, myself, and is born out of my frustration with pub games when playing solo. I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this, and I'm hoping that through this forum I can collect together some like minded gamers, so that pub games need never be so aggravating again!

The main goals of any match will be to
i) Have fun - this is a game, I have enough stress in my job and don't need it in my hobbies!
ii) Create a balanced team of heores, that take into account the opposing side.
iii) Play to win, but remember that "Failure is always an option"
iv) Communicate i.e. call out your missing, inform others if you plan on initiating etc
v) Play the full game, no rage quits.
vi) Learn from our mistakes. This leads onto the next point.....

Polite, constructive criticism of team mates is welcome, but insults of any kind will not be tolerated! I've played alongside some incredibly courteous, genuinely lovely folk in pub games, but for every one one of them, there have been dozens of other, far less amiable players.

There is no skill, or number of hours played requirement, so this group is going to consist of a range of ability levels. Be sure you accept this before joining. If a member performs badly, see it as an opportunity to impart your knowledge upon them, and look out for them as best you can. When I watch replays of matches in which I or another teammate has fed, I nearly always see opportunities where the team could have intervened to prevent it, but simply didn't.

I strongly encourage all members to use a mic, it makes communication so much easier. That said, I know some people are very shy, and perhaps lack the self confidence to use a mic and so it isn't mandatory, but you must be sure to use the keyboard based interface as neccesary.

So, if you'd like to join me, and hopefully many others, respond to this thread and I'll send an invite your way! Please do state your country of origin, and whether you will use a mic or not.

Best,
carranty

carranty

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by groke » November 25, 2013 10:58am | Report
Hi carranty,

I'm also looking for some decent (as in well mannered..) players to team up with. I've played around 350 hours and am getting a bit tired of disorganised pubs! I'm probably a bit of a noob still - but obviously looking to get better.

No mic as yet - but I'm planning to invest in one. UK player. Feel free to send me an invite.

Ta

groke

Steam: groke
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Windengo12 » November 28, 2013 10:00am | Report
Windengo12 here,

Sounds nice. I'm just looking for some fellow friendly noobs or more experienced players to help me along the way in my DOTA 2 experience. I've only got 24 hours in game, but I don't really consider myself a complete noob - I've got a fairly solid grasp of the game now.

No mic either.. I'm willing to get one though. Eastern US, but I'm on all the time.

Feel free to send me an invite, I'd be happy to play with you guys.

Windengo12

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Paddski » November 28, 2013 1:53pm | Report
Hi carranty,

You have described a steam group I created around August this year, I'm it was for the same reasons that you have stated that inspired its foundation. I halted guild members at 30 as I didn't want to overload it with to many players to keep track off in the start but I am gonna opened it up to more members soon. We have a friendly bunch of members that play everyday mostly from the UK & Ireland but with some American and mainland European players as well, does this sound like something you'd be interested in? Add me on steam and I'll invite you to the group so you can judge for yourself.

P.S I'd happy to join your guild anyway

Paddski

Steam: paddski
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fe-man » November 29, 2013 12:57am | Report
Hey Carranty,

Your group sounds pretty good. I have about 50 hours of play and am getting tired of rage quitters and the entire team going carry with out looking at what the other team picks. I am in Western US but play extremely late at night and early mornings. I currently don't use a mic but as I gain more experience I plan on using one.

Steam name: Iron Pianist

thank you

Fe-man

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dark spartan » November 29, 2013 8:08am | Report
Add me up tired of pub players -_- noobs always give me a lost match.
steam id - Dark_Spartan_71
wins-170
lost-165

Dark spartan

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by carranty » December 2, 2013 2:00am | Report
First off, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you all, I'm usually more organised, but the last week has been unusually hectic. Those of you who gave your steam id I've sent friend requests to, those who didn't (windego, groke) I couldn't find you, so send an invite my way and I'll add you.

Paddski, I actually saw your guild after I'd posted this thread, sounds good, add me up :)

carranty

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wumbanator » December 28, 2013 2:26am | Report
Sup carranty i would like to join ur guild. Just search for Wumbanator with a castle crashers pic. Im playing dota 2 2 years and im a good ganker/support/carry My fav heroes are: Rubic.Pudge Mirana. Add me please

Wumbanator

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by robthegaff » December 28, 2013 11:15am | Report
Hi Carranty, please add me to your guild, I am from Ireland and use a mic.

You can add me here

Thanks,
Rob.

robthegaff

Steam: robthegaff
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JRRT » December 28, 2013 8:13pm | Report
I was really happy to see your post because it sounds exactally like what I am looking for. I especially liked the part where you said you have enough stress at work. I had the same thought. Sometimes this game attracts too much of a win at all cost and rage when you loose mentality. I'm still a bit of a noob, but am more than willing to learn. I'm from the USA and have a mic. Time zones should be fine as I often play with a european group now anyway. I may also have some friends that would like to join. You can find me here

JRRT

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved