Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

EU West Weekend Matchmaking

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » EU West Weekend Matchmaking 42 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 17, 2014 8:55am | Report

Are you tired of abusive "Teammates"? Tired of never being able to communicate with the rest of your Team?

Can you play on EU Servers? Are you willing to play in a group, try new things and can accept constructive criticsm? Are you not an arsehole? 8{3

If the answer to all of the above is yes, then join in the fun!

I tend to mostly play DOTA 2 on weekends with other DOTAFire members on EU West servers, but it's rare that we ever reach 5 players, so I'm looking for a few extra people to bolster my friends list and get some good fun games with plenty of teamwork going.

There's no skill requirement, but it would be nice if you have enough games under your belt to get out of Limited Heroes mode, as we'll mostly play All Pick and maybe Captain's Mode.

The only real rules are to be able to speak English (you don't have to be fluent, just grunt a lot and you'll probably get by 8{3 ) and to not get angry with your Teammates. If there's that guy who always gets confused in a Teamfight, Blinks in and spins around in circles until he gets Chain-Stunned and Killed ( <-Bunkan 8{3 ), feel free to tell him what you think he should be doing (target that guy/wait for me to Initiate/go Split-Push/etc.), just keep calm and remember, it's only a game. <}3

For example, you can expect me to constantly nag Supports to "Gank Moar" and be more active...if it's any consolation, I get the same treatment from Angelo. 8{3

If you want to Random your Hero or try something new, or even if you're not sure you're going todo very well this game, tell us first, we might not accept everything (i.e. a player with very few games trying to play Meepo without practising with bots first 8{3 ), but we'll try tohelp you get better at the game. <}3

Playing times will be whenever there are people around and since I work nights, I can't give you an accurate time for when I'll start and stop playing, but I tend to be around by 1:00P.M. CET.

We'll probably play on EU West servers, although occasionally problems occur and last Saturday we had to play on EU East (<-- this is also an option if your Ping is far better on EU East than West).

If we get 10+ players, we can always make more than 1 group or even hold an impromptu inhouse. <}3

If you want to play, then leave a message in this post and add me on Steam.

Bear in mind though, if your Steam Name and your DOTAFire name are different, I'm not going to know who you are if you don't tell me.

My Steam account

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 17, 2014 9:01am | Report
Why not? I'm normally on with a few friends, but if they aren't around it's always better playing with not-arseholes!

My hero pool is limited, in the sense of it ALL SUPPORTS! http://www.dotabuff.com/players/54450733

I'll send a message later :)
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » November 17, 2014 9:28am | Report
Can I join in?
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/90665982

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » November 17, 2014 9:34am | Report
This has literally nothing to do with yesterday trying to find a fifth player I guess :D

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » November 17, 2014 9:46am | Report
I'll have to double check what the ping is like for me on EU West. I'm coming from US East over here, so there may be severals, if not lots of milliseconds.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 17, 2014 10:06am | Report
Oh, I think we were talking about it today, Xyrus. Great idea, we could use some more DotaFIRE players to play with.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2014 10:41am | Report
This was inspired by my whining wasn't it, Mr.Moderator? 8{D

Considering the following, I can even re-install Doto, join in, and hope my Internet won't be an ***... OH WAIT I HAVE SOME GAMES TO PLAY WITH LOW-PRIO SCUM FIRST GOTTA REINSTALL FAST.

Will this be on weekends exclusively or some other days are possible?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » November 17, 2014 3:11pm | Report
I'm free this Sunday so I'm in :D

I'n in U.S West so Sometimes my ping on EU west is great and sometimes it is abysmal. I guess we will see witch.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 17, 2014 3:38pm | Report
Might be able to join depending on how much time university takes from me this week.
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/160783769

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » November 17, 2014 5:25pm | Report
Safecyn wrote:

I'll have to double check what the ping is like for me on EU West. I'm coming from US East over here, so there may be severals, if not lots of milliseconds.

Same thing here c: 125 ping
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved