Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

EU West Guild recruiting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » EU West Guild recruiting 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Paddski » June 20, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Interested in joining a guild to meet new players?

Sick of solo queue ragers?

Want to communicate with your team... using words!!!

About a year ago I set up a guild for new players so they could learn together to play DotA 2 in a nicer environment than Public Match Making. It worked and a lot of like minded individuals came together and started playing as a team. The guild has around 40 members but not all are currently active and due to this fact we'd like some fresh blood in the mix.

About the guild
    English speakers
    Search on EU West servers
    We run 5v5 lobbies semi-regularly
    Use TeamSpeak for in game communication
    Have members of all different skill brackets
    Coach each other from time to time
    Are friendly and enjoy banter as part of the game
    Isn't open to the public to make a closer more personal group

This guild will suit you if;
    Your friendly, like a joke and are able not to rage at your team mates over mistakes/choices.
    Can discuss ideas about what your team should look like and what strategy you want to run while listening to other players ideas.
    Do not flame!!!

Lessons have been learned by me and others in how to maximise the benefit of the group and to help find parties to play with which I'll go into now;

Some of the established members have a group people which they enjoy playing with and don't open their party to new guild members. The best way I have found to introduce group members to each other is too have 5v5 lobbies with randomed teams and we will try to run a lot of these too introduce group members. These will either be scheduled a head of time or impromptu announcements also look out for 'open parties' of the guild. Feel free to open your party to the guild at anytime in game, but newer members might have trouble using this method in the beginning.

Use the TeamSpeak channel, but be polite. Do not join a room and try to hijack the conversation or mic spam music/noises. Do not join a room and talk over/too players mid-game, respect their game leave the room till they are free to talk. Never poke players mid game using TS. I know I prefer if the team is all in the TS channel together, even if you don't want to speak its good to hear what the team is talking about.

Be a team player.

Thinking of Joining?
Being honest this group will probably suit players that are at least around the 800 hours mark, that's not a hard number but I believe this will let you fit in with some of the more experienced players.

I'd like around another 20 players to join so the group is still manageable and I'm being able to help introduce players. I will post in this tread if the group is closed to new members for now.

Add me or one of the admins of the group to be invited to the steam group and then the guild.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/paddski/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SwagLion
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038066939

Subscribe to the 5v5 lobby discussion in the steam group pages as this will allow you to be pro active and organise your own 5v5 games (feel free to introduce yourself or add to the chat rooms in general as well).

To get the most from the group keep checking the steam group pages for scheduled 5v5 lobbies or other events – subscribe so you'll be discreetly alerted in the steam client.

It may take time to get into the group so be patient and don't message the moderators mid game and expect an instant reply.

Wall of text finished!

Paddski

Steam: paddski
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 21, 2014 3:08am | Report
Just added you.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Paddski » June 21, 2014 5:28am | Report
Welcome, An in-house lobby will be run tonight at 8pm uk time if your free for it.

Paddski

Steam: paddski
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 22, 2014 7:43am | Report
Added you

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved