Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Behind the names!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Behind the names! 57 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 14, 2014 6:28pm | Report
What is the story behind your name?

I recently found out the reason behind Safecyn and Pory's names... but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of reasons and stories we can share, behind our names!

The reason behind my name is, well, people randomly decided to sit on my in Gr. 3, and the name stuck.

What's yours?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » October 14, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Daft punk.
Im french.
Im a leader.
Captain Daft.
Why not?
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 14, 2014 8:20pm | Report
nothing much, just that i Rat-A Lot :{D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 14, 2014 8:47pm | Report
On the internet, I was originally Watcher of the 2000s, because my channel looked at American 2000s media and reviewed it. Gradually, that series got to be his own character, so I needed a new identity.

Cuttleboss is an obscure reference to a late 90s early 2000s site, Neopets. It was one of the pets you could get your pets, called a Cuttlebot, it looks like this, I use it as my icon on steam:

I forgot why I had it probably because it was a cephalopod, but I liked the name, so I kept it whenever I was out of character for my series.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 15, 2014 2:59am | Report
Mine comes from Phantasy Star online Ep 1&2. I was HUCast and really wanted the Pinkal badge (it increased drop rates for casting stuff), but my usual name at the time (Splinter, don't know why i had that one) wasn't the right badge. Me and a friend found out that when naming individual character's (that made up the name...) were assigned a number, depending on what your number added up to decided the badges you got.
So, we got to flicking through a David Gemmell book and found Romark. I liked it, though it was Ro-Mark in the early days to get the Pinkal!

P.S. for any Gemmell fans, on Wildstar my house plot is called Sirano.

Romark
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » October 15, 2014 9:25am | Report
My sister came up with my name because I needed a username for Neopets, I was about 6 maybe, and she was 9 so she came up with the name Bunkansee for me, have used it ever since!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 15, 2014 9:37am | Report
I chose Hades because I liked the representation of the "character/God". To make it more unique I added a "4u" at the end of it. :P

Proudly wearing my username since 2005.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 15, 2014 10:00am | Report
Wulfstan? Short story. Been a fan of the HOMM franchise for years. I am a sucker for dwarfs since they are always so cocky and funny at the same time. King of the Dwarves in HOMM is (you guessed it) - Wulfstan.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » October 15, 2014 10:28am | Report
Short story too. There's a PSX series of adventure called Tomba! (1 and 2).
In Tomba! 2, one of the most helpful NPCs through the game is an old man called Kainen.
It has been a long time since I finished that game... I use other nicknames on forums, but in english forums this is my most used nick.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 15, 2014 11:56am | Report
Mine is pretty simple. BK stands for my initials, and I put in VoiceOver because I do a lot of stuff with my voice. I am a singer, I do impressions and accents for fun and for work, I am an announcer and caster for my school's gaming club, and much more. Pretty simple, but it has stuck with me over the years.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved