Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[AUS] MId-range team recruiting, 2.5 - 3.5k MMR.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » [AUS] MId-range team recruiting, 2.5 - 3.5k MMR. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Manofchalk » June 3, 2014 3:25am | Report
EDIT
Due to a great turnout of people, I am closing the recruitment call.
EDIT

Hey there, I'm Manofchalk, and I'm here to get the last couple of members to form a team.

I'm looking for people who want to elevate their Dota experience above that of pubs, to be in a dedicated team and push their abilities with a team of like-minded and similarly skilled people.
We intend to intend to play in Captains Mode regularly.

Our Goals
At Minimum
- Form a team to play Captain Mode regularly.
- To improve as players through team play and discussion.

Would like too
- Participate in organized scrim's against other Australian teams.
- Compete in casual tournaments.

Gold tier
- Compete in serious tournaments, talking Defense of the Australians type of stuff.

The Team so Far
At this point everyone is flexible and isnt locked down into roles, but the preferences of each member will be stated.

- Manofchalk, Team Captain and current Drafter.
2.8k solo MMR
http://dotabuff.com/players/49289519
I Watch a lot of pro games, mostly SEA, and participate in a couple of DOTA forums.
Position 5, 4 and 3. Currently slated for position 5 hard support.

- Gilkon
http://dotabuff.com/players/99728584
2.6k solo MMR
Positions 5,4 and 2. Currently slated for position 4 jungling support.

- An Innocent Citizen
http://dotabuff.com/players/71324585
3.2k solo MMR.
Positions 1,2 and 3. Currently slated for Position 1 carry.

Commitments and requirements

1. Must be able to commit to a schedule that will be hashed out when we have our roster. Currently the plan is a time commitment of 2-3 sessions a week (not on weekends), each session being 2-3hrs. This may also be augmented with informal practices, "homework" and scrims.

2. You must play on the Australian Server and times. Applicants from SEA or New Zealand are fine, but you still must be able to play at the right times and ping needs to be manageable.

3. We arent looking for exceptional players, so great personal skill isnt required nor would it necessarily help in our consideration. We would rather that you are at the skill level of the rest of the team. We will we playing with potential candidates, so MMR and other metrics arent of vital importance so much as your actual skill and personality. But again, we arent looking to train up a completely new person, nor be carried along by one exceptionally better player.

4. You need to speak English and have a mic.

5. General good temperament and maturity. Half the reason why some of you are looking to go above general matchmaking and pubs is because of toxic players and the desire to play with people you can consider friends. We dont want people who flame, rage whenever something bad happens or gives up at 10mins in. Although this might sound discriminatory, whether the team just outright likes you will be a factor.
While this is a casual team, a level of professionalism is looked for when it comes to in-game name and avatar.

6. There is no age requirement, but team members so far range from 18 to early 20's, so keep that in mind.

Conclusion

So thats what we are all about and offer to anyone willing to commit the time and effort. If you want to apply, contact me (Manofchalk) through my steam profile. I (or one of the current team) will get back to you within at most a few days, we'l have a chat and organize some games.
"Windranger" is not how you spell Windrunner.

Manofchalk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kvothe64 » June 9, 2014 6:30am | Report
Hey, im hoping to fit in and try out i guess for this team. I play pretty well with almost all the heros by now as I think I have around 2000 hours of dota playing time. I have been switching around teams a ton, but I hope that I can stick with this one for a while hopefully!

Alias: Affinity
Steam ID (please link): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071777378/
MMR: 3.5 solo
Number of Wins: 682
Number of Hours logged on Dota: 1,682 (haha exactly the same amount of wins I have! except for the thousand)
Schedule by Hour (Please give time zone): Us east, I usually play a lot during the early part of the day and night
Positions(1-5): usually 1-3
Any previous competitive experience? Yes, been on other teams such as Team paradox (disbanded now)
Favorite Hero:any farming hero, alce, antimage,
What do you think you can offer this team? I have very good situational awareness, as well as a large lane presence and knowing what to do at the right time.

A quick note, I will not be able to play dota for 2 WEEKS, as I am very fortunate to be going to go the seee the worl cup for soccer down in Brazil. It would be crazy for you to reject me becuase of that withought playing, but if you do, life goes on. Cya,
Kvothe64

Kvothe64

Notable (1)
Steam: Affinity
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sky.Net » June 10, 2014 2:53am | Report
Boys, I've been playing Dota 2 for a while but my mates always play Dota on and off so I would like a team to stick with and have fun.

Steam ID: Sky.Net
MMR: 3.5k solo
Wins: 640
Hours: 1450
Schedule By Hour: AEST from 7.30 onwards
Positions: I think I can play 1-5 pretty well however I'm best at 1-3
Favourite Hero: Depends on the role but I go through phases but at the moment if it's just for fun (non-ranked AP) I use Jugg/Mirana or if it is more competitive then I like to use Luna, Weaver, DK etc.. :D
What do you think you can offer this team: I think I could offer quite a bit of experience, humour, support and I could add to the good atmosphere.

Thanks for reading.. Please add me if you guys are interested or could you please forward me to another clan who would be. cheers

Sky.Net

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by no dice » July 2, 2014 9:48pm | Report
Hey bro,

Im looking for more players to form an Aussie/SEA team, so if you or anyone else reading this thread is interested, please add me!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008874274/

no dice

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved