Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vistome, The Mystic

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Vistome, The Mystic 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 9, 2014 10:28am | Report

Vistome, The Mystic

Radiant Intelligence
"Vast energies beyond your comprehension lie within the Ethereal Stream."

Base health

: 435

Base mana

: 312

Base damage

: 54

Base armor

: 2

Movement speed

: 305

Base attack time

: 1.7

Attacks per second

: 0.68

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 51 (15 +1.5)

Agility

: 70.2 (15 +2.3)

Intelligence

: 93.8 (24 +2.9)

Lore:
The Ethereal Stream flows through the dimensions, winding through astral cracks and crevices through worlds and disappearing abruptly, continuing in different locations throughout the planes of existence. Mystics transcend into the ethereal plane, arriving as mortals yet assuming the immortal role as guardians of the Ethereal Stream in all realms, protecting the water's magical properties from unworthy beings. When a Mystic found that the stream had appeared in a battlefield of great foreboding, he personally descended into the material plane to protect it. Though in this realm the water's magical properties cannot be harnessed by anyone but the Mystics, the balance of the streams in all realms would be upset if the outcome of this war were unfavourable. Easily, he finds it a reasonable justification for his entry into the battle. Able to channel the sublime power of the stream anytime and anywhere, he is a formidable foe in combat.

Q: Spirit Power
Type: No Target
Affects: Self
Damage: Physical
When activated, the Mystic gains bonus damage and speed. The bonus damage and speed decreases as his health decreases.
- +30/55/80/105 damage
- +10/20/30/40% speed boost
- 15% bonus damage lost for every 10% health lost
- 1/2/3/4% bonus speed lost for every 10% health lost
- 15 second duration
- 90/110/130/150 mana cost
- 25 second cooldown

Though his body is weak and frail, his spirit glows strong and bright.

Notes:

W: Mystic Infusion
The Mystic gives himself a mystic barrier based on his maximum mana. It absorbs damage in place of health and is more resistant to damage. At the end of the duration, the mystic barrier is removed.
- 60/80/100/120 +20% maximum mana as mystic barrier
- 15/20/25/30% damage reduction
- 15 second mystic barrier duration
- 120 mana cost
- 30 second cooldown

A Mystic's own soul shields him from danger.

Notes:

E: Absorption
Type: Passive
Affects: Enemies and self
Damage: Pure
Each hit from the Mystic deals additional pure damage and gains double the amount as a mystic barrier. Deals half the damage to creeps. This is a unique attack modifier, and cannot stack with other unique attack modifiers. There is a limit to the maximum mystic barrier gained by this skill.
- +10/20/30/40 bonus pure damage per hit
- +20/40/60/80 bonus mystic barrier
- 60/120/180/240 maximum bonus mystic barrier from this skill

Masters of the flow of energy, Mystics draw power out from their enemies to use for themselves.

Notes:

R: Overflow
Damage: Magical
The Mystic overflows with spiritual energy, regenerating a large amount of health every second. The amount of health restored increases every second. If the Mystic is at full health, he deals damage over time to enemies around him instead.
- 70 base health regenerated per second
- +10/20/30 health regeneration per second
- 5/6/7 second duration
- 250 damage radius
- 150/200/250 mana cost
- 150/130/110 second cooldown

The Mystic channels the power of the Ethereal Stream from all planes of existence into his being, transcending him to a new state of existence.

Notes:

When puchasing Linken's Sphere:
"Ah, master's handiwork."
"Perfect craftsmanship."

When casting Spirit Power:
"Spirit, arise!"
"Soul's reckoning!"

When casting Mystic Infusion:
"An undying spirit!"
"Think twice!"
"I won't go down that easily."

When hitting an enemy hero with Absorption:
"What potential you have but have yet to realize..."
"Mine now."
"Ebb and flow."

When casting Overflow:
"Cleansing water!"
"Corruption purged!"
"Ah, refreshing!"

When meeting Io, Spirit Breaker, Keeper of the Light, Chaos Knight or Puck:
"We shall meet again in another realm."
"It is fate that we have gathered here this day."

When killing Shadow Fiend:
"My soul is mine to keep."
"You will not corrupt my spirit!"

When killing Io, Spirit Breaker, Keeper of the Light, Chaos Knight or Puck:
"Wiped from all planes of existence."
"No longer a threat."

Balance Changelog:
28/11/2014

Though this hero' primary attribute is intelligence, he functions like a carry that can take hits and dish them out as well. I know this hero is really strong, so if you any ideas on how to tone it down, I'm all ears.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 9, 2014 10:50am | Report
I'll be completely honest with you, I really don't understand what many of these skills do.

So the Q is an active which gives him crazy attack damage, and speed, which I presume is attack and move? The damage scale extraordinarily well, and at level two is like, equal to a Sacred Relic. However I wouldn't say it is OP, since it loses a lot of damage per 10% missing. And Lunar Blessing is probably better than this for the first few levels, since it costs no mana, is active all the time and affects allies.

The W is the real confusion for me. I can't say much about this as I really don't understand it. It changes his mana into another health pool? I think I kinda get it, that being said, this skill works well with the Q, possibly even too much so.

This E passive confuses me too, it gives bonus pure damage, and 2x the mystic barrier, what does that mean? Does it mean the barrier gains health?

Also the R ult, this makes the most sense out of all abilities, but that being said it pretty much makes him unbeatable.

Activate Q, activate W, activate R.... ouch.

I'm not sure whether I understand this right, or very well. So if you could clarify what the skills mean that would be cool!

All in all it is an interesting idea, it's original and cool. I just don't quite understand it and it could be a little overpowered.

If I understand correctly, he has bonus damage (105, which is a third of a Divine Rapier) he passively has a kinda similar Lunar Blessing which adds bonus pure damage, and a kind of Medusa shield which changes his mana into a second health pool, and the ultimate which gives him health regen, does this regen affect the shield as well? He basically deals a lot of damage, even really early on, level two he can potentially deal 94 damage, with the Q, E passive and the base damage. Please give me some insight on any mistakes I have made <3

Edit: not sure why I made a comparison to lunar blessing on the q, it was the only damage bonus skill I could think of :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 9, 2014 11:10am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I'll be completely honest with you, I really don't understand what many of these skills do.

So the Q is an active which gives him crazy attack damage, and speed, which I presume is attack and move? The damage scale extraordinarily well, and at level two is like, equal to a Sacred Relic. However I wouldn't say it is OP, since it loses a lot of damage per 10% missing. And Lunar Blessing is probably better than this for the first few levels, since it costs no mana, is active all the time and affects allies.

The W is the real confusion for me. I can't say much about this as I really don't understand it. It changes his mana into another health pool? I think I kinda get it, that being said, this skill works well with the Q, possibly even too much so.

This E passive confuses me too, it gives bonus pure damage, and 2x the mystic barrier, what does that mean? Does it mean the barrier gains health?

Also the R ult, this makes the most sense out of all abilities, but that being said it pretty much makes him unbeatable.

Activate Q, activate W, activate R.... ouch.

I'm not sure whether I understand this right, or very well. So if you could clarify what the skills mean that would be cool!

All in all it is an interesting idea, it's original and cool. I just don't quite understand it and it could be a little overpowered.

If I understand correctly, he has bonus damage (105, which is a third of a Divine Rapier) he passively has a kinda similar Lunar Blessing which adds bonus pure damage, and a kind of Medusa shield which changes his mana into a second health pool, and the ultimate which gives him health regen, does this regen affect the shield as well? He basically deals a lot of damage, even really early on, level two he can potentially deal 94 damage, with the Q, E passive and the base damage. Please give me some insight on any mistakes I have made <3

Edit: not sure why I made a comparison to lunar blessing on the q, it was the only damage bonus skill I could think of :p

Spirit Power does not give attack speed, but you were right about the entire explanation.
Mystic Infusion works exactly the way you described it.
Absorption works like this: you hit someone, you gain some temporary health. That's pretty much it :P.
Since "mystic barrier" health is considered temporary, it cannot be regenerated.

He can indeed deal a lot of damage early on, but take note that this bonus wanes as he gets damaged himself. His lack of disables also allows him to be kited by enemies. Basically, his advantage is crazy damage output, but disadvantage is that he can't chase well early on and bonuses disappear when he is low on health.

Let me know if you have something else that needs clarifying :).

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » October 26, 2014 3:22pm | Report
That is a strong hero. Holy cow. So, quick question on his E; Is it the pure damage as a shield, or the total damage of the attack? I like the W, but I don't think I get it very well. The ultimate is very strong,.. Maybe a bit to strong for a 80 second cool-down? I don't know. You have done a wonderful job of putting in checks and balances to this hero I don't think I can actually judge its strength without see it in the battlefield.
Although, I do have to say that bonus pure damage as a passive that gives a hp shield is a bit much, considering his crazy move speed and hp regen from Q and R.
Now, that I read it more, the W makes more sense to me, and it scares me. This guy with a mana battery in lane would simply OWN the lane.
Very interesting, would love to see it in action!
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » October 28, 2014 8:40am | Report
Izzet Cthulu wrote:

That is a strong hero. Holy cow. So, quick question on his E; Is it the pure damage as a shield, or the total damage of the attack? I like the W, but I don't think I get it very well. The ultimate is very strong,.. Maybe a bit to strong for a 80 second cool-down? I don't know. You have done a wonderful job of putting in checks and balances to this hero I don't think I can actually judge its strength without see it in the battlefield.
Although, I do have to say that bonus pure damage as a passive that gives a hp shield is a bit much, considering his crazy move speed and hp regen from Q and R.
Now, that I read it more, the W makes more sense to me, and it scares me. This guy with a mana battery in lane would simply OWN the lane.
Very interesting, would love to see it in action!

Thanks for the compliments!

First of all, the E converts only the pure damage dealt to a shield.
The W is basically a way for the Mystic to turn around in fights and tower dive. It also 'upgrades' the mystic shield with a percentage-based damage resistance bonus to make it more relevant later on. I can see how spamming this ability can be very overpowered, so I have increased the cooldown to 25 seconds.
I agree with your point of view on the ultimate, and I have increased it's cooldown just as you have requested.

Other than that, I've made some tweaks to the hero's abilities that will hopefully make him more balanced.

Glad to hear that you enjoy reading my ideas!

EDIT:
I'll get around to your other comments when I have some time :).

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CombustibleLemon2 » November 17, 2014 7:59pm | Report
I love this hero concept, I love it's weaknesses and it's strengths but I feel in some cases this hero can actually just be kited so hard that it won't get to deal it's massive dmg, and it only really becomes tanky once it starts hitting things. So the thing I would change is the unique attack modifier status of absorption to be regular, because an eye of skadi on this hero would make it super powerful, however it could still get kited with stuns and burst damage because if you think about it, the shield is not that insane as when I first saw it. So making skadi an option for it would be ideal to make the hero strong, or else its actually a little bit weak. I think if it doesn't have it's team initiate and gets initiated on, there is no counter play if they manage to burst him down, as he won't have the dmg or the movespeed to fight so I think he is really balanced it that regard. I'd think items like absyysal blade, assault cuirass, bkb, scythe of vyse, blademail, blink dagger, and satanic would be very good on him (in addition to the skadi of course), but I don't see him funcitoning without at least three of those items so it makes him very much a hard carry. The only thing I don't understand is his ult, does the damage it deal equal the would be health regen? And you also might need to add a max stack for the mystic shield from the autoattacks, or else he might become unkillable at one point :P (also add a stack duration maybe cuz it'd be pretty insane if he could accumulate a really high mystic shield from just autoattacking the lane :P).

CombustibleLemon2

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 17, 2014 8:21pm | Report

I love this hero concept, I love it's weaknesses and it's strengths but I feel in some cases this hero can actually just be kited so hard that it won't get to deal it's massive dmg, and it only really becomes tanky once it starts hitting things. So the thing I would change is the unique attack modifier status of absorption to be regular, because an eye of skadi on this hero would make it super powerful, however it could still get kited with stuns and burst damage because if you think about it, the shield is not that insane as when I first saw it. So making skadi an option for it would be ideal to make the hero strong, or else its actually a little bit weak. I think if it doesn't have it's team initiate and gets initiated on, there is no counter play if they manage to burst him down, as he won't have the dmg or the movespeed to fight so I think he is really balanced it that regard. I'd think items like absyysal blade, assault cuirass, bkb, scythe of vyse, blademail, blink dagger, and satanic would be very good on him (in addition to the skadi of course), but I don't see him funcitoning without at least three of those items so it makes him very much a hard carry. The only thing I don't understand is his ult, does the damage it deal equal the would be health regen? And you also might need to add a max stack for the mystic shield from the autoattacks, or else he might become unkillable at one point :P (also add a stack duration maybe cuz it'd be pretty insane if he could accumulate a really high mystic shield from just autoattacking the lane :P).

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, this hero is a hard carry that can potentially steamroll if let unchecked (like all hard carries). His weakness is being bursted and kited, but he can counteract it if he has enough items to help him survive the initial burst.

The ultimate deals damage per second equal to the health regeneration.

The stack duration of the shield is 15 seconds, but I should probably add some maximum stacks, too. Not sure if I want to let him use Eye of Skadi, though. He can already easily reach the maximum movement speed. I'll consider whether I should implement that.

Thanks again for commenting :).

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved