Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nefariah, the Soul Wraith

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Nefariah, the Soul Wraith 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 6, 2017 1:37am | Report
I was bored and had an idea I thought was interesting, sue me.

Nefariah, the Soul Wraith

The lanes of the Ancient War are filled with shattered bones and corpses, picked clean by swarms of carrion. Loved ones have died, heroes have fallen, villains have watched as their schemes crumbled. What persisted beyond the death is the latent magic unleashed. The battlefield is swimming with energy, so much that it hurts the mind to look. From this rift, this directionless primal force, an entity from Beyond slowly opened its eyes and crawled through the bridge into the material realm. It assumed the excess mana as its own, coalescing into a deadly form, a mana fiend whose gravity functioned not on the physical level, but the spiritual level.

Nefariah, this being was called in hushed tones by terrified mortals, and she embraced this name, for it was considerably better than anything she herself came up with. Free from the lightless dark of Beyond, Nefariah embraced her new corporeality, but soon found herself drawn into Ancient conflict. There, her all-consuming nature slowly ate away at the souls of her surrounding, mana being pulled into Nefariah as matter drawn into a black hole.

But with a living form, came living emotion. Foreign concepts to the wraith bubbled to her tumultuous surface - mercy. Pity. Respect. Loathing. Though she threw these to the side as best she was able, Nefariah knew that to master these new, strange feelings would be to embrace life, and assume a true place in the world.

The Soul Wraith, after all, intended to stay here… forever.

Statistics

Dire Intelligence
Carry, Nuker, Durable

stats

Skills

Q: Shivering Discharge

Nefariah discharges her mana, inflicting damage to nearby enemies based on the mana discharged. Mana Discharge also costs a percentage of her maximum mana that is not added to the damage.
Mana Cost: 100/150/200/250
Damage per mana: 0.75/1/1.25/1.5
Maximum Mana Cost: 14%
Area Radius: 500
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7
They will burn, burn, burn.
Notes

W: Spirit Drain Aura

Enemies near to Nefariah will lose a percentage of their maximum mana every second, and have this mana funnelled into the Soul Wraith. All spells and active abilities cast within the aura radius of Nefariah will cause her to regenerate Health over 4 seconds equal to a percentage of the spell's mana cost.
Mana Decay: 1.3%/1.7%/2.1%/2.5%
Mana Cost as Regeneration: 25%/33%/41%/50%
Aura Radius: 900
Drink deep your breaths, for they will be your last.

E: Mana Fiend (Passive)

Nefariah's attacks and spells deal bonus damage based on how low the victim's mana is.
Minimum Damage Increase: 10%
Maximum Damage Increase: 30%/40%/50%/60%
By drinking of souls, Nefariah grows to understand her own, new soul.
Notes

Ultimate: World Eater

Strikes the target from far away, inflicting additional damage based on the amount of mana spent in the last 4 seconds by all units near Nefariah. This additional damage will also be dealt in a wide area around the target.
Mana Spent to Damage: 3%
Area Radius: 175/225/275
Mana Cost: 70
Range: 700/850/1000
Cooldown: 10/7/4
Excess energy arcs off, barely controlled power that scours those who dare cling to life.
Notes

Talents

Level 10

+30 damage OR +4 armour

Level 15

+60 gold per minute OR +6% spell amplification

Level 20

+12 all stats OR +25 movement speed

Level 25

+8% Mana Fiend minimum damage OR +20% evasion
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by corin » January 6, 2017 6:37pm | Report
This hero looks like a lot of fun to play, passively harassing and hindering enemy spell casting potential. Bombarding people with her ult! omg so fun.
Any thoughts on aghs?

corin

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 11, 2017 11:13pm | Report
Level 10 +30 damage is too overpowered. Swap it with spell amp from lvl 15. I would also suggest moving 14% mana pool cost over to her ult, and then buffing her ult's damage to something like 100/125/150% int to damage.

Seems like a fun hero to play, but her ult seems kind of thrown in there for no reason, as it doesn't combo with the other spells.

EDIT: Apparently I used to be dumb. While her ult doesn't combo with her other spells as in long range isn't beneficial to her, ignoring the range gap it is fine. The only criticism I have now is the ults 3% damage might be too small. If she has 2000 mana and casts q, that's only another 12ish damage for 20% of her total mana pool. All 2000 mana would be just a paltry 60 damage to 1 attack.
I would increase the damage up to maybe even 8/11/14%.

Also, the Q would read better as 75/150/250/375 damage.

For Aghanims, maybe the 14% mana from Q is included in the damage?
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved