Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Levi, The Arcane Keeper

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Levi, The Arcane Keeper 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 6, 2014 10:51pm | Report

Levi, The Arcane Keeper

Radiant Intelligence
"You shall not escape my grasp!"

Base health

: 492

Base mana

: 312

Base damage

: 52

Base armor

: 1

Movement speed

: 300

Attacks per second

: 0.69

Base attack time

: 1.7

Range

: 400

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 62.2 (18 +1.8)

Agility

: 56.4 (18 +1.6)

Intelligence

: 91.2 (24 +2.8)

Lore:
The Steel Asylum; a prison within the walls of a deep chasm, where they house the most hardened criminals, warrior and mage alike. Each committed crimes so despicable that it caused them to be shunned by all, each and every one managed by one warden: the Arcane Keeper.
He walked through through the narrow corridors of the gloomy fortress, its walls tainted with rust and green slime. The steel floors produced a distinct, metallic ring as he stepped upon it. Turning a corner, prisoners of all shapes and sizes greet their captor. On his left, a scrawny and undernourished keen leapt onto the bars, snarling fiercely, akin to a wild animal. Levi raised his glowing fist that exploded in arcane energy, after which the terrified keen scuttled to the back of his cell. On his right, a dim-witted ogre stared blankly at a passing insect; his inability to cover his tracks was probably the reason that landed him in jail. Levi continued to the end of the hallway, where a reinforced metal door holds back a force of nature, one that would cause chaos and destruction should it be let loose upon the land. Every day, he renews the enchantment on the door to prevent the being of great energy from escaping to wreak havoc, and his dedication never faltered for hundreds of years...
However, as the Arcane Keeper grew old, his power slowly faded. Soon, his magic was not enough to contain the power behind the door, and it burst out of its cell as a ball of energy, violently tearing the prison apart and freeing the prisoners. With all his might, Levi seized the apparition with his own hands, clutching it tightly while it threatened to destroy him. With his remaining power, he unleashed a burst of arcane power, absorbing a part of the ball's energy as his own. The surge of energy reversed his hundreds of years of aging. It was as if the time had never passed at all. Using his newfound strength, he forced it back down the hallway and locked it in with an improved enchantment, one which did not have to be renewed. However, the casting of the spell took 2 days and 2 nights, and by the third day most of the surviving prisoners had already climbed out of the chasm and escaped the prison. Now Levi has a new quest: to find them all and bring them and their accomplices to justice. It doesn't matter if it will take another hundred years, for his will for justice is far beyond normal measure.

Q: Prisoner's Mark
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Enemies
The Arcane Keeper afflicts the target with a dormant magical seal that slightly decreases its attack damage.
- 700 range
- 7/12/17/22 damage reduction
- 5/6/7/8 second duration
- 30 mana cost
- 2 second cooldown

Q (D): Keeper's Chains
Type: No Target
Affects: Marked Enemies
Creates chains between nearby enemies that bear the seal, slowing them and preventing them from moving away from one another. The activated seal has its duration refreshed but lasts for a shorter time than the dormant seal. Marked enemies will automatically be chained when in the presence of a chained enemy. After the chain duration, the mark on all affected enemies will disappear.
- 350 chain attachment range
- 350 chain leash range
- 15% slow
- 3/4/5/6 second duration
- 70 mana cost
- 10 second cooldown

The seal is not just proof of a prisoner's conviction, but it also hinders them if they try to escape.

Notes:

W: Subdue
Type: Target-Point
Damage: Magical
Throws a knife charged with energy that deals damage and shocks the first enemy it hits for a short duration, rendering it immobile and disarmed. The damage applies to all enemies chained to the target, but only the target is incapacitated.
- 1000 range
- 100/160/220/280 damage
- 2/3/4/5 second root and disarm duration
- 100/110/120/130 mana cost
- 20 second cooldown

Levi is an avid fan of knives, and often uses them alongside his magic.

Notes:

E: Suppression Aura
Type: Passive
Reduces the attack speed and increases the cast time and mana consumption of the spells of all nearby enemy heroes.
- 300/400/500/600 radius
- 50 attack speed reduction
- 30% increased mana consumption

The mere presence of the Arcane Keeper causes hesitation in even the toughest outlaws.

Notes:

R: Force Blast
Type: Target-Unit
Damage: Magical
The Arcane Keeper launches the target a good deal away from him with a burst of power, dealing damage. Enemies that collide with the target are dealt half the damage. Chained enemies are damaged and dragged along with the original target.
- 400 range
- 800/1000/1200 push distance
- 175 damage
- 130/150/170 mana cost
- 100 second cooldown

An immense power bursts forth, and all who stand in his way are punished.

Notes:

When killing a hero
"Convicted."
"Sentenced to death!"
"Condemned to the depths of hell!"
"Sentenced to an eternity in the pit of fire."

When killing all kings (eg. Wraith King)
"A king? Ha! All I see is an inbred outlaw."
"Dethroned and condemned."

When killing Alchemist
"Why didn't they put you in stronger cell?"
"2 birds with 1 stone."
"A penalty for escaping: the death sentence!"

When killing Terrorblade
"The damned of the damned is imprisoned once again."
"However you escaped, you're not getting back out."
"You gazed into your reflection only to witness your own demise."

When killing Slark
"That's for escaping!"
"Back to the Dark Reef with you!"
"For all you've done, you deserved your fate."

When meeting an ally Slark
"You escaped from the Dark Reef? Impressive."
"You're not so bad... For a prisoner."
"I could help shorten your sentence once the battle has passed."

This hero is great in the lane control department. Whether in a solo, dual or even tri-lane, he can make trades in his favor using Prisoner's mark and Suppression Aura. He also has a great skill-shot disable that deals great damage and can potentially encumber more than one enemy hero, if you can hit it that is. When many enemies are chained together, he can used Force Blast to push the balled-up enemies to set up for your allies' teamfight spells. Part ganker, yet part teamfighter, you can always count on Levi to fulfill all your crowd-control needs! Please leave some feedback :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » March 11, 2014 12:40pm | Report
Good idea, but the thing is that since this hero is intelligence, and they are not known for their tankiness but then this hero's entire skillbuild requires him to stay in the middle of a fight AND subsequently chain every single enemy. Seriously, it could be a Strength hero, and would work wonders with Omniknight (degan Aura) and Undying (Fleshgolem). Maybe you should increase the chain duration, and make the slow less but stack with others, each got an individual duration. And the chains only appear when the Marked enemies entered the area and tried to leave. The marked enemy can only be marked once until the chain duration expire, but chained and marked enemy cannot hide in illusions.

For quotes, he could trade a few words with Slarder and Bounty Hunter. To Visage, "non shall escape your maze anymore", or to Terrorblade "Got you you slippery demon-damned criminal!" or even to Alchemist for breaking out of prison!

I got a suggestion for the Firespawn ultimate. Pls consider it. It seemed to much like Witch Doctor's Death Ward.
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 11, 2014 3:18pm | Report
MasterMinddd wrote:

Good idea, but the thing is that since this hero is intelligence, and they are not known for their tankiness but then this hero's entire skillbuild requires him to stay in the middle of a fight AND subsequently chain every single enemy. Seriously, it could be a Strength hero, and would work wonders with Omniknight (degan Aura) and Undying (Fleshgolem). Maybe you should increase the chain duration, and make the slow less but stack with others, each got an individual duration. And the chains only appear when the Marked enemies entered the area and tried to leave. The marked enemy can only be marked once until the chain duration expire, but chained and marked enemy cannot hide in illusions.

For quotes, he could trade a few words with Slarder and Bounty Hunter. To Visage, "non shall escape your maze anymore", or to Terrorblade "Got you you slippery demon-damned criminal!" or even to Alchemist for breaking out of prison!

I got a suggestion for the Firespawn ultimate. Pls consider it. It seemed to much like Witch Doctor's Death Ward.

he doesn't exactly have to stay in the middle of a teamfight to be most effective, though his aura has a short range. He can still stand out of range of a lot of spells and mark enemies. Subsequently, when you have a sufficient amount of marked enemies clumped up, chain them, Force Staff in (assuming you have one, which you should) and then push the chained enemies towards allies for the AoE combo. The aura is actually more effective in ganks, where you usually outnumber the opponent and don't mind being up close and personal. In that case it is very effective, since it decreases its attack speed and might prevent him from casting due to the mana cost increase if he is out of mana.

I almost forgot about the firespawn suggestion though, I was working on it but I dropped it for some reason haha. Though I don't really want to make it grow, because it's Firespawn that is supposed to 'grow'. The "ward" is only his method of spreading flames. Though it would be funny if the ward had an active ability that lets it hop around like sodium on water :D

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » March 12, 2014 12:02pm | Report
I mean, if the marked enemies tried to group up and attack, it will waste all your marks. So if it only triggers when leaving the affect area, and would stack a slow with each unit it was chained to, it would be a bit more affective. And if it could have a set amount of marks you could put on creeps, it would be more balanced. But Subdue would deal half damage to secretly chained enemies.
It's VERY affective at chasing. Picture this " you and your mates were chasing a guy. He ran and there is an approaching creep wave. You marked the creep and the guy you were chasing. Voila. The creeps attacked you and the enemy was chained to the spot like a helpless idiot snared by Slark."
For the force blast, you are technically blasting the enemy out of your sight. Not so useful in team fights initiation and can potentially ruin the game, but would be great for blasting away chasing enemies.
For the Dampening Aura, try changing the attack speed debuff into percentage, because it will not scale well into late game and will be too OP early game.
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 12, 2014 12:46pm | Report
MasterMinddd wrote:

I mean, if the marked enemies tried to group up and attack, it will waste all your marks. So if it only triggers when leaving the affect area, and would stack a slow with each unit it was chained to, it would be a bit more affective. And if it could have a set amount of marks you could put on creeps, it would be more balanced. But Subdue would deal half damage to secretly chained enemies.
It's VERY affective at chasing. Picture this " you and your mates were chasing a guy. He ran and there is an approaching creep wave. You marked the creep and the guy you were chasing. Voila. The creeps attacked you and the enemy was chained to the spot like a helpless idiot snared by Slark."
For the force blast, you are technically blasting the enemy out of your sight. Not so useful in team fights initiation and can potentially ruin the game, but would be great for blasting away chasing enemies.
For the Dampening Aura, try changing the attack speed debuff into percentage, because it will not scale well into late game and will be too OP early game.

If they group up then your goal is accomplished, and its way easier to target them with your spells and clumped enemies take a lot of AoE damage.

The mark cannot be put on creeps, so it is a bit harder to gank a lone enemy. However, you still have the rest of your abilities to help you to subdue and kill him.

Force Blast is a utility ultimate that can potentially push chained enemies away to escape or push them away from the safety of their tower so that your team can destroy them. Or you can push the enemy disabler/carry away from the fight and then own the rest of the team. It's also awesome when fountain camping. You can just chain all 5, blink in and push them out. Then activate Ghost Scepter.

A 50 and 50% attack speed reduction are technically the same :P

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved