Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea! 5 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Do you think this is a good hero idea?
Yes!
No!
Not Sure...
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HPA97 » September 21, 2014 3:38am | Report
(Sorry for the badly formatted page, I copied this from my notepad ++ file! :/)

Hero Suggestion
Dota 2

Hero Name: Imperial Rider
"You can encounter the wildfire with knowledge" they though, how wrong they were when Imperial Rider once rode in the worlds of Hazhadal.
Hero Type: Melee
Role: Carry, Durable
Affiliation: Dire
Strength Hero
Rides on mount
Similar heroes (Chaos Knight + Spectre = This hero "Pretty much")
Roles: Carry, Offlaner (Need farm, but LVL's is priority to really have an affection in team fights)

Item Builds:
Should start with Regen items since there is no healing with his abilites except his ultimate.
Should get fast treads, and build mask of dominator (This will be good with his second ability: "Fatigue Grind" which will also grant him lifesteal, basicaly a MUST itme to get.)
Soulring is not a bad choice as it grants 150 mana for you to deal some more magical damage!
Midgame items would probably to get BKB, and right after go for an Aghanim Scepter as it buff his ult "Mother Nature's Offering"
Manta style is also recommended as it gives the illusions the ablity to stack "Conflagration" and can be deadly during a teamfight.
Late game: HoT & Refresher & Shivas Guard (As it grants slow and A LOT of intelligence, Works well with Imperial Rider's Passive!)
Luxury item would be something like: Skadi, Butterfly, Radiance (Because why not? ;D), Deadalus.

Good Counter Items:
BKB & Linkens
Why? BKB is a great counter as it gives the afflicted hero immunity against "Conflagration", "Fatigue Grind", as well as "Trampled Light". However it does not grant immunity against his ult: "Mother Nature's Offering"
Linkins however can be good for sitations where your goal is not to stay in a fight for long, as it can help you to get away from Imperial Rider's "Trampled Light".
Blink Dagger & Forcestaff
Why? Blink Dagger as well as forcestaff grants mobility which is a great counter to Imperial Rider as he is not that mobile, he does however has a stun and his ult could be a problem if you go Blink, but overall it is a great item to build.
Forcestaff is probably the most recommendable as it can be used during "Mother Nature's Offering" as it can not be stopped with BKB or Linkens.
Blademail
Why? Blademail is probably the best counter to Imperial Rider, as it can deal a huge blow back at Imperial Rider during his Ult, or when he stacks "Conflagration" with his illusions at YOU.
Orchid
Why? Orchid grants Silence debuff to Imperial Rider and if dealt quick enough can make Imperial Rider an easy target. However make sure he doesn't hit you, as you will lose Strength from each hit!
Heavens Halberd
Why? Pretty much disarm Imperial Rider and makes it so he cannot use his passive "Fatigue Grind" and will pretty much make him an easier target in man vs man fights.

Items to stay away from when man fighting Imperial Rider:
Ghost Scepter & Ethereal Blade
Imperial Rider does only deal Magical Damage. However his second ability "Fatigue Grind" is the only need to get a ghost scepter. Overall it is not worth it, as his ult as well as Q, E Ability will increase the Damage dealt to YOU.
However this might work decent for some heroes, but is not recommended.

Attributes:
STR : 25 + 3
AGI : 10 + 2.3
INT : 18 + 1.8

Stats:
Attack Range = 128 (Melee)
Attack Duration = 0.5 + 0.4
Base Armor = 3
Base Damage = 52
B.A.T = 1,7
Cast Point = 0,4
Movement Speed = 320
Turn Rate = 0,60
Sight Range = 1,800/800

**ABILITIES**

4 Abilites ( Q , W , E , R )

(Q)
"Conflagration"
"As expected, the wildfire came back the same way it always did, uncontrollable and harmful"

No Target - Affects enemies - Magical Damage
Spell is blocked by Black King Bar
The effect works with Manta illusions (Illusion made with this ability "Active" will also get this effect and will stack with each others.)
The spell, debuff can be purged
Set a wall of flame around the "Imperial Rider" at radius: 500, where upon contact will burn affected hero with "Burn Damage Debuff" - 50/65/80/95 Every 1 seconds
Burn Damage Debuff Duration - 2/2/3/4 - (This will only go "off" after staying out of the radius of this ability for X seconds)
Movement speed bonus - 13%/16%/22%/26%.
Total Duration - 5/7/10/13
Bonus Damage - 25/35/45/55

Cooldown: 60/50/40/30
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110

(W)
"Fatigue Grind"
"It isn't enough, just one more and I will be fine..."

Passive - Affects Enemy Heroes
Passive is blocked by Black King Bar
Steals - 2/3/5/6 - Strength from enemy heroes with his attacks, draining X Amount of strength from the enemy afflicted hero.
Duration - 10/25/50/80
Colldown: 0.3/0.3/0.25/0.20

(E)
"Trampled Light"
"It went as expected, until the light shattered around him..."

No target - Affects enemies - Magical Damage
Spell is blocked by Linkens Sphere
Spell is blocked by Black King Bar
The spell, stun debuff can be purged
Radius: 775
Grants immunity for - 1/1/1/2 - Seconds.
Creates an explosion at the "Imperial Rider" which knocks enemy away and deal a stun duration of - 0.25/0.5/0.5/1.25 Seconds, + 25/50/85/125 Damage.
Channeling duration - 3/3/2/1 -
Cooldown 50/40/30/20
Mana Cost: 125/125/125/150

(R)
"Mother Nature's Offering"
"Mother nature returned her favour as promised..."

No Target - Affects enemies & allies - Magical Damage
Spell is not blocked by Black King Bar
Ultimate does not stack, and refreshed ulti will only start the duration from the beginning!
Set a huge area around "Imperial Rider" with flames and deal damage to enemies & healing to allies.
The Radius around the "Imperial Rider" will make the water evaporate and leaves to burn. There will be clouds of black/orange fog and the area will be slightly more red/orange during it's duration.
Radius: 1600
Burn Damage - 50/100/150 - Every Second
Attack Speed Reduction - 10%/20%/25%
Movement Slow - 5%/7%/10%
Ally Heal - 25/50/75 - Every Second
Duration - 5/7/9/11
Channeling Duration: 3/2/1
Cooldown: 170/150/120
Mana cost: 225/275/350
Aghanim Upgrade:
Radius: Global
Burn Damage - 75/125/175 - Every Second
Attack Speed Reduction - 20%/25%/30%
Movement Slow - 7%/10%/13%
Ally Heal - 50/75/100 - Every Second
Duration - 7/9/11/13
Cooldown: 150/120/100
Mana cost: 275/350/475

HPA97

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 21, 2014 6:20am | Report
Seems like quite a cool idea!

Q: damage wise seems alright, the radius of the burn isn't too large so enemies can avoid damage.

W: Got a slight problem with this. (I presume it can stack multiple times, but if not ignore all of this >) It is ridiculously strong, think of Undyings Decay, it has a similar effect, but the biggest difference is it costs mana and has a cooldown. Your ability had .3 second cooldown and costs no mana. It steals only 2 strength at level 1 which isn't too bade, but again, it costs absolutely nothing and is strong nonetheless. At level 1 it isn't too strong, but even so, from level 1-2 there are huge changes. 3 strength steal 25 sec duration is pretty powerful. I'd recommend making a stack limit or increasing cooldown.

E: This seems very underpowered. The stun and damage scale very badly, .25 stun is awful and it only scales up by 1 second, which makes putting skill points into it seem completely useless. But what really makes this skill very underpowered is the fact it requires 3 seconds of channeling in order to work. The channel is not justified, because the stun and damage are horrendous. It's super hard to land this stun/damage and it also cannot be used defensively because 3 seconds of channeling leaves you vulnerable. The immunity is okay... but 1 second is not much, considering you have to channel it for 3 seconds beforehand. The immunity also doesn't scale at all until maxed out. If you kept the damage, stun and immunity levels the same but removed the channel it would be an alright skill.

R: Okay, this is a big skill so It might take awhile to point stuff out. Firstly, the damage is okay, not too good or bad at level 1, but at level 3 or the ult? Nearly 1500 damage in a huge radius, makes it quite hard to escape, it reduces speed, attack speed and heals, it needs a a reduction somewhere, because you can't have a skill deal this much damage in 9 seconds AND make it slow and heal. The aghanims scepter is the focal point here, GLOBAL radius? It deals over 1750 damage and heals 1300 in a global radius? It is very very OP, is also slows globally. It either needs a damage nerf WITH the radius, or damage increase and don't change the radius.

Overall this hero is okay! The idea and skills are pretty cool, but I feel it needs a bit of balancing here and there. Good job with this hero and I hope to see more ideas from you in the future!

Tell me if I got anything wrong about the skills.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HPA97 » September 21, 2014 7:54am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Seems like quite a cool idea!

Q: damage wise seems alright, the radius of the burn isn't too large so enemies can avoid damage.

W: Got a slight problem with this. (I presume it can stack multiple times, but if not ignore all of this >) It is ridiculously strong, think of Undyings Decay, it has a similar effect, but the biggest difference is it costs mana and has a cooldown. Your ability had .3 second cooldown and costs no mana. It steals only 2 strength at level 1 which isn't too bade, but again, it costs absolutely nothing and is strong nonetheless. At level 1 it isn't too strong, but even so, from level 1-2 there are huge changes. 3 strength steal 25 sec duration is pretty powerful. I'd recommend making a stack limit or increasing cooldown.

E: This seems very underpowered. The stun and damage scale very badly, .25 stun is awful and it only scales up by 1 second, which makes putting skill points into it seem completely useless. But what really makes this skill very underpowered is the fact it requires 3 seconds of channeling in order to work. The channel is not justified, because the stun and damage are horrendous. It's super hard to land this stun/damage and it also cannot be used defensively because 3 seconds of channeling leaves you vulnerable. The immunity is okay... but 1 second is not much, considering you have to channel it for 3 seconds beforehand. The immunity also doesn't scale at all until maxed out. If you kept the damage, stun and immunity levels the same but removed the channel it would be an alright skill.

R: Okay, this is a big skill so It might take awhile to point stuff out. Firstly, the damage is okay, not too good or bad at level 1, but at level 3 or the ult? Nearly 1500 damage in a huge radius, makes it quite hard to escape, it reduces speed, attack speed and heals, it needs a a reduction somewhere, because you can't have a skill deal this much damage in 9 seconds AND make it slow and heal. The aghanims scepter is the focal point here, GLOBAL radius? It deals over 1750 damage and heals 1300 in a global radius? It is very very OP, is also slows globally. It either needs a damage nerf WITH the radius, or damage increase and don't change the radius.

Overall this hero is okay! The idea and skills are pretty cool, but I feel it needs a bit of balancing here and there. Good job with this hero and I hope to see more ideas from you in the future!

Tell me if I got anything wrong about the skills.

Thanks a lot for the well done reply! +1

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hero concept. I agree the skills need A LOT of rework when it comes to balancing. The idea with the "Fatigue" ability is that is similar to Slark's ability to steal other player's stats for a duration and stack with each attack.

"Trampled Light"
I agree that channeling should be reworked and the stun duration to be a bit larger as it is pretty useless from lvl 1 and barely usefull in lvl 4. The idea with the immunity is that you get the 1 second immunity to decide when to use it. For example to dodge Alchemist stun and then be able to come with a counterstun.

When I look at this now, I am embarrassed how I didn't see how extremely OP this ability is, even without Aghanim...

I would probably half the dmg, and remove the movement slow, and nerf the Ally heal to 1/3 of it's current Health Regen. Or just remove the healing thing overall.

However i want the Aghanim to give global, but then instead just remove the additional DMG.

I also posted this on Reddit, where i got critic from "Conflagration" ability, wehre Illusion stack would be immensely over powerful...

This hero is far from perfect as the stats is showen, and i believe with correct figuration and balancing it could be a great hero. However i don't know how big the chances are for IceFrog to even see or care about these Amateur posts. Hopefully I am wrong and this is something that can be taken seriously by valve.

Thanks For the Reply! ;)

Reddit post i talked about: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotaConcepts/comments/2h0wwl/imperial_rider/

HPA97

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 21, 2014 9:50am | Report
HPA97 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the well done reply! +1

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hero concept. I agree the skills need A LOT of rework when it comes to balancing. The idea with the "Fatigue" ability is that is similar to Slark's ability to steal other player's stats for a duration and stack with each attack.

"Trampled Light"
I agree that channeling should be reworked and the stun duration to be a bit larger as it is pretty useless from lvl 1 and barely usefull in lvl 4. The idea with the immunity is that you get the 1 second immunity to decide when to use it. For example to dodge Alchemist stun and then be able to come with a counterstun.

When I look at this now, I am embarrassed how I didn't see how extremely OP this ability is, even without Aghanim...

I would probably half the dmg, and remove the movement slow, and nerf the Ally heal to 1/3 of it's current Health Regen. Or just remove the healing thing overall.

However i want the Aghanim to give global, but then instead just remove the additional DMG.

I also posted this on Reddit, where i got critic from "Conflagration" ability, wehre Illusion stack would be immensely over powerful...

This hero is far from perfect as the stats is showen, and i believe with correct figuration and balancing it could be a great hero. However i don't know how big the chances are for IceFrog to even see or care about these Amateur posts. Hopefully I am wrong and this is something that can be taken seriously by valve.

Thanks For the Reply! ;)

Reddit post i talked about: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotaConcepts/comments/2h0wwl/imperial_rider/

No problem!

If you want the radius to global for the ult, it will need big nerfs. Either a damage reduction with the slows and heal, or keep the damage (maybe a small nerf) and remove the slows or something. Try to balance it around something like Thundergods Wrath, the damage can be higher than this since it is over time, but don't go too crazy! I don't know how big the chances are for IceFrog to see stuff, but I seriously hope you keep making ideas, this is a really cool hero. It's unique, it's interesting. Balancing skills is the HARDEST thing to do when you are thinking of heroes, but keep up the work, really look forward to more from you.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by neurotoxin » September 25, 2014 7:33pm | Report
make it as OP as you could think then we nerf it until its done fine

neurotoxin

Steam: (_ИєυяσтσχiИ¯)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved