Hero Creation Competition

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Creation Competition
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 3, 2013 2:47am | Report
@Porygon:
I have 3 different Heroes ready, each with other themes
So I could enter the first competition with either one of them, depending on my mood on which topic i want to go.

The other two I could spare for other Competition rounds or 'release' them without entering any coompetition. (what we do the whole time in this part of the forum... just for the funsies)

When I open up the Topic i will post the rules again, so that we don't have to go back to this thread everytime.

Also: only one hero per competitor for each competition! We want to keep the chances fair... and the same topic can come up again ;)

One thing I really want to point out for the winner, who will set the next topic, I can't stress this enough:
- It can be anything!
- Be creative or lame
- Be detailed or just give a rough direction
- you can even pre-create one ability that this hero should have! (his core ability, if you want)
- But please... keep it clean

The tricky thing about this is:
when you just give a rough direction like: 'A Fire themed hero' the competitors have to think about: what type of hero - support, nuker, carry? Strength, Agility, Intelligence? Caster or right-clicker? etc. before they can get to the abilities.

When you are detailed like: "a fire themed, ranged, intelligence, pusher hero' - they know what it should become. But what kind of skills would fit this role best? Can this hero also be played as another role?

When you give a pre-created Ability -> what playstyle fits this abiltiy? What other kind of Abilities would synergize with it?

There are so many different approaches. Maybe someone already works on a fire themed hero, but he doesn't fit into the pusher role -> does he/she rework the hero or creates a completely new one?

I guess alle the posibilities will unfold after a few rounds.
(I will start with something easy/not so detailed to set the pace. And no: it will NOT be a 'fire themed hero' I just used it as an example :D)
Creative people behold!
Join the new Dotafire Creation Competition! - Our two-weekly competition in the 'Hero & item ideas' Section.

Last rounds winner was: Naxela

Competition is on hold for now, to reorganize!

Cepheus1988

Unremarkable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 3, 2013 6:09am | Report
You should also open another separate thread in which each contestant can post their ideas for the contest.May I handle that?

Wulfstan
<Moderator>

Notable (54)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 3, 2013 6:52am | Report
Sure Wulfstan, every help is apreciated :)

I'm still at work, for about 2 hours... as soon as I'm home I'll open up the first round of the competition.

Maybe we should go over everything again, so that no one is confused about this will work?

- One Thread for the official Rules and Topcics
- One Thread for every Hero entry for that week like "Heroes for Competition number 1"
- One Poll Thread per week to determine the winner

did I mess anything up? or is that the format you mods and veterans visionized it?^^
Creative people behold!
Join the new Dotafire Creation Competition! - Our two-weekly competition in the 'Hero & item ideas' Section.

Cepheus1988

Unremarkable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 6, 2013 9:20am | Report
Anyone else get the feeling that 1 week creation and 1 week voting is too long?

I'm anxious for the voting and the next topic, and it's only 3 (almost 4) days in...

Just asking about your opinions :p
Creative people behold!

Cepheus1988

Unremarkable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 6, 2013 11:21am | Report
Well, I'm pretty much done with my Balance Patches, so I'm set.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Vistome, The Mystic
Kyfoid's Insightful Phrases:

porygon361
<Editor>

Notable (33)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 6, 2013 11:59am | Report
Ready.

Wulfstan
<Moderator>

Notable (54)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 10, 2013 3:58am | Report
Well, today is voting day! (In my timezone at least)

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Notable (33)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 10, 2013 5:40am | Report
Yep it is!
But since I opened it up around 6:00pm here in Germany, I thought you guys get until 6:00pm Germany-time to take the Chance to participate :D

Currently 9 participants have submitted.
Even though I don't have much hope for an additional Submission.

Thats why I was asking if we should decrease it to 1 week altogether (Saturday was the last Submission)
Wednesday - Saturday = Submission
Monday - Wednesday = Voting and new Topic after winner declaration on Wednesday

Edit:
Also, I thought about creating small Trophy-Icons to incorprate into the signature for each round (representing it's Topic) via a Hyperlink (just small Image), but I'm soooo bad at drawing especially on PC.
Trophy #1 would be a golden trophy with vines and rocks around it or something like that... popped into my mind yesterday :D
If I got the time I'll give it a try on paint or gimp :D
Creative people behold!

Cepheus1988

Unremarkable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » July 15, 2013 8:01am | Report
A friendly reminder:

first poll is halfway thorugh, only a few more days...
everyone thought of a new topic?

Is there interest in those small trophy-images?
- If yes, how big should they be?

Is the duration of 2 weeks ok or to long?
- personally I think it's to long... maybe because I hate to wait :D
Creative people behold!

Cepheus1988

Unremarkable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 15, 2013 8:08am | Report
I hate waiting too, but I think that this grace period should be given for those who are busy with work or school.

Also, I don't mind a custom Weaver image for my profile picture :D

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Notable (33)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!