Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Trying to get out of the noobish threads

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » New Player Help » Trying to get out of the noobish threads 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nonplusultra » November 25, 2014 3:08pm | Report

nonplusultra

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 25, 2014 3:21pm | Report
If you're winning mid regularly then you're having about the most game impact you could be early-mid, all other things being equal (and over time, they will be) that should give your team the best chance of winning.

You could try playing a more snowballing mid hero - e.g. I've played one with Hades on mid Ember Spirit, and with a bit of help from the rest of the team, he wiped the floor with the opposition and became unstoppable.

Really though, I think the best thing to do would be to post up your DOTABUFF record, myself or one of the others could take a look at a few games and give you some ideas of where you could improve. Especially at 1k levels there are probably a lot of mistakes or missed opportunities in your play that we could spot for you - even if your team is holding you back, there's more you could be doing - and the law of averages say your team isn't worse than the opposition every game.

Hope this helps!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nonplusultra » November 25, 2014 3:32pm | Report
I switched my thread to the New Player help section

https://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/help/trying-to-get-out-of-the-noobish-threads-18993

either way I'll post my DOTABUFF stats here

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/189804453

how do you do to quote the stats on your signature like you do?

nonplusultra

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » November 25, 2014 3:40pm | Report
hello there ^.^
first of all ...i understand you just fine ...so the language barrier might not be as much of a problem as you think :3

if you are stuck at 1k MMR - and i dont mean to be offensive or anything - i could go on and on about the frustration that calls it self the "trench-tier" but since you are asking about how to get better i will skip that part for now ....im also quite sure you will hear it somewere in the later posts anyway.

on topic then:
as i see it you like to play utility and support hero roles, which is a good thing i think, but unfortunately those roles tend to have somewhat of a struggle keeping their game-impact up as the game gets longer. IF you are really in the 1k-bracket you naturally will get paired with 1k players as well...and let me tell you....they cant utilize on even the best played supports. Even if you ward every inch of the map and ping out incoming ganks, they just dont have the map awareness to respond properly and die anyways ("miss?" calls afterwards are my favorites btw.). First off i would recommend dropping the "hard-supports" like Lich, Crystal Maiden and Ancient Appirition and play heroes that have a better lategame-scaling while still maintaining "utility"-roles. Vengefull Spirit, Venomancer and Windranger for instance are still good support choices but have far more game impact when the game hits the later stages... they might even transition into carries if the ones you already have are not doing too good.

i would not advice the "unorthodox" carry CM / blink Void tho...you are just wasting the heroes potential and those kind of builds tend to get worse and even gamebreaking-bad once you acutally start getting matched with better players. Windranger carry is legit tho :3

If you want us to give you some "deeper"-advices, i -at least- would welcome it, if you could give us some replay IDs or maybe even your dotabuff-profile.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 25, 2014 3:56pm | Report
you need to stop saying

"why am i not getting better?"

and start asking

"How do i get better?"

then you will improve.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nonplusultra » November 25, 2014 5:33pm | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

If you want us to give you some "deeper"-advices, i -at least- would welcome it, if you could give us some replay IDs or maybe even your dotabuff-profile.

so, here is my dotabuff profile

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/189804453

I just realized I've got 500 games played not 350! again, thanks, I'll try more with Windranger and then try to get the Vengeful Spirit and Venomancer practice needed to get better on late game, I don't usually keep my matches saved or I dont tend to watch them, should I be doing these? should I be watching my own replays to get the mistakes out of them?

one of the match ID's I got was Match ID: 1043508212

nonplusultra

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 25, 2014 7:40pm | Report
Locked this thread since OP has transferred to a new thread...although I could have just moved this one... T-T

Feel free to quote anything here to post in the other thread if you want to take it there to discuss further:-

https://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/help/trying-to-get-out-of-the-noobish-threads-18993

P.S. Moved to New Player Help 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved