Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Ranged AD?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Best Ranged AD? 35 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » July 4, 2012 11:28pm | Report
In the current metagame, Morphling is the best ranged carry in the pool. Close behind are Weaver/PotM. Magic-based carries that are popular include Tinker, Leshrac, Invoker, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit and even Windrunner to a certain extent.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 5, 2012 1:14am | Report
HamSandwich wrote:

In the current metagame, Morphling is the best ranged carry in the pool. Close behind are Weaver/PotM. Magic-based carries that are popular include Tinker, Leshrac, Invoker, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit and even Windrunner to a certain extent.

How do you think Morphling's popularity will play out once the Dota 2 only issue with Morph being usable after being Stunned/Silenced/Hexed is fixed?

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 12, 2012 4:30am | Report
Viper and Sniper are probably the best noob-friendly AD (agi) carries for you right now. Viper really doesn't need farm, but can still deals tons of damage (heh) with his DoT. Sniper is a good choice too because of his large range and nice ult.

Also, they rhyme. :D

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 12, 2012 1:03pm | Report
On this pusher/carrier stuff... Which is which eh? Been playing this game for almost 10 years, and every single hero in this game is capable of pushing a tower/lane. Some do it better then others. Before the argument gets really controversial, let's define Carry, check if the mentioned heroes fit the criteria, then perhaps be less brash.

Sylla, or Lone druid, Carries considerably well, and since his Bear can tank a tower(although in dota 2 the tower seems to change straight to Lone druid) this gives him a slight edge. But what is really making him push this tower, the damage he is capable of dealing out/ tied with his mobility to escape?

Also I have seen, generally in 70 percent of games with a decent lone druid, severely carry a team harder then almost every carry played. Including Viper.

So he fills both roles effectively.

Pushing, in my opinion isn't even a role, it's just a capability. Clinkz with farmed items and a BoT's can push just as hard as furion, if not faster blowing up towers.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 12, 2012 1:06pm | Report
HamSandwich wrote:

I agree with this, except I would consider the Drow ranger and Luna to be almost tied with morph. If morph didnt have wave they would be better then him, his range is not very far.

Drow and luna have dmg boosting aura's(Vs can carry hard too but its better to use for support cuz of her skills). Drow is far more dangerous then morphling because she is strong throughout early mid and late game... Same with luna. Morph is more item dependent.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved