Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Ranged AD?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Best Ranged AD? 35 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 9, 2012 8:57am | Report
So, your basically saying that any summoning hero is a pusher, that isn't right at all.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 9, 2012 10:05am | Report
Chen, Ench, Brood, Furion, Enigma, Shadow Shaman, all have summons and they all make strong pushers.

LD and Lycan are strong pushers because of their summons.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dresmasher » April 9, 2012 11:15am | Report
Well most heroes with summons have an extra edge in pushing, I think that is obvious, ofc, some of them spread over other domains as well, a good example would be Warlock, the infernal is mostly used for his great teambattle presence rather than his pushing power but is used for both.

Out of all the heroes with summons, I'd say Visage would be the only one that doesn't bring that much to a push with his revenants but that hero is not in dota2 yet :P.

this thread derailed a lot from the op lol
Chaos moves at it's own pace.

dresmasher

Remarkable (24)
Steam: dresmasher
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 9, 2012 1:25pm | Report
Lycan and Syllabear are carries with pushing abilities, that's what should be taken away form this discussion.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 9, 2012 2:03pm | Report
dresmasher wrote:

this thread derailed a lot from the op lol

Yeah, I had noticed that :P

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 9, 2012 2:39pm | Report
Quoted:

Lycan and Syllabear are carries with pushing abilities, that's what should be taken away form this discussion.

They are picked for their pushing abilities more so than their carrying abilities, though. Outside low level pubs, that is.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FlapjackPC » April 9, 2012 3:02pm | Report
OP doesn't care, i like this argument.

FlapjackPC

Steam: FlapjackPC
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » April 9, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

They are picked for their pushing abilities more so than their carrying abilities, though. Outside low level pubs, that is.

Carries are picked to earn gold.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Desides » April 23, 2012 8:57am | Report
FlapjackPC wrote:

I'm looking for the best ranged agility hero. I've used a couple i.e. mirana and Drow and had some success but can't always get the job done. Is there any character (preferably not a magic based character) with high AD and good gank abilities?

Have you tried Twitch?

Oh oops sorry

Steam: Desides
LoL: Desides
HoN: HA

Desides

Notable (2)
Steam: Desides
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kirbyruled » June 9, 2012 1:01am | Report
Viper/Gyrocopter/Clinkz are my recommendations. They are all carry heroes who are strong in lane/ganks as well if you don't fall behind. Viper specializes in perma-slowing and is easily the beefiest of the trio, Gyrocopter is more of a pseudo-carry with very strong nukes and Clinkz is a stealth-based carry who is very effective at solo pushing/ganking.
My Hero Guides:
Necrolyte

kirbyruled

Notable (16)
Steam: kirbyruled

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved