Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Ranged AD?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Best Ranged AD? 35 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FlapjackPC » April 8, 2012 5:00pm | Report
He isn't a carry? It says he is on Dota 2, but I guess Valve doesn't know how people play him.

FlapjackPC

Steam: FlapjackPC
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » April 8, 2012 5:43pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Also, Lone Druid isn't a carry.

Since when?

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 8, 2012 6:47pm | Report
Syllabear is most certainly a carry, I'm not sure how to play him as anything else. o.O

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 8, 2012 7:45pm | Report
He fits in as a semi-carry in a way, but he is a pusher optimally. Always really has been.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » April 8, 2012 8:00pm | Report
IMO a "pusher" is not a complete role. Rhasta is a pusher yet he's also a support, Lycan is a pusher but also a carry. "Pushers" and "Initiators" are like sub-roles.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 8, 2012 9:58pm | Report
Quoted:

IMO a "pusher" is not a complete role. Rhasta is a pusher yet he's also a support, Lycan is a pusher but also a carry. "Pushers" and "Initiators" are like sub-roles.

I agree, I've seen people calling heroes "pushers" and that isn't right, because that isn't a main role, its a sub-role.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 9, 2012 5:09am | Report
It's as much of a role as any role. Death Prophet and Furion for instance are both picked for their strong pushing abilities. Lycan is more of a pusher than a carry, Sylla is more of a pusher than a carry.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » April 9, 2012 5:44am | Report
Syllabear and Lycan are carries with pushing abilities. Natures Prophet is a pusher with carrying abilities becase of the easy farm.

With that logic morphling is a pusher too, because of his wave. Clinkz is a pusher because of attackspeed steroid and orb working on towers. Naix is a pusher because of his aoe ult and attack speed steroid.

Yeah.......

Storm is a pusher.

I can come with these all day long...
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 9, 2012 7:15am | Report
What?

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dresmasher » April 9, 2012 7:18am | Report
Syllabear & Lycanthrope have carry as main role & pusher as sub-role, I'd rather having these guys in a teamfight wrecking the enemy team rather than having a 4 on 5 while they manage to take down 1 tower, leave that to Broodmothers and Nature's Prophet.

Clinkz isn't that bad of a pusher bc his orb actually works on towers add that to his strafe and towers go down like butter, but again, main role is carrying.

Lifestealer has nothing for pushes, nor does Storm Spirit... what the others meant, Whated, is that the guys they say are pushers are effective at dealing tons of damage to towers once they get there, Morphling only has his Waveform for clearing creeps but then again that sacrifices ones of his escape mechs which is not ideal.
I have done all I can to show you the ways of Chaos.

dresmasher

Remarkable (24)
Steam: dresmasher
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved