Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Besides PL, what heroes is suitable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Besides PL, what heroes is suitable? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChuahHM » July 29, 2015 3:19pm | Report

I like to use Phantom Lancer when matchmaking. I kind of love it and almost win all using it--- 11 wins 3 lost. But i want to know that, besides Phantom Lancer, which heroes is suitable for me? I would like to play some heroes's play style is sort of same with Phantom Lancer. I tried some such as Medusa, Pudge and Luna but lost all the time. The ones which is more successful are Necrophos and Slardar but they still cannot blend in my play style and my teammates still scold me when play with the pros. Please help me because I would like to try some new heroes.

ChuahHM

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 30, 2015 1:30pm | Report
You play PL? Hmmm. You might enjoy Bloodseeker. He's got the same sort of "get one item then you're ready to go kill some ****" strategy. I think, and this may be a bit odd, that if you're willing to put in the practice, Ember Spirit might also be good for you, since he possesses similar wave clear and mobility capabilities.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 2, 2015 11:45pm | Report
His play style is similar to Queen of Pain.

- A lot of early game damage with nukes, and slows (like Spirit Lance
- Escape with Blink (like Doppelganger
- Quick and frequent farming w/ Scream of Pain (like you do with your illusions)
- Very aggressive throughout the game

Try her out you'll like her.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DotAer » August 5, 2015 4:42am | Report
Chaos Knight might be fun for you. Just like Phantom Lancer, he's the type of hero who makes illusions and beat the **** out of enemies in turn of overwhelming them. Be wary though, unlike Phantom Lancer he doesn't have an escape. However this is substituted by the fact that he's a tanky hero.

He also has a bit of mana problem so use mana wisely or consider a Soul Ring/ Bottle when playing with him.

DotAer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 5, 2015 2:13pm | Report
DotAer wrote:

Chaos Knight might be fun for you. Just like Phantom Lancer, he's the type of hero who makes illusions and beat the **** out of enemies in turn of overwhelming them. Be wary though, unlike Phantom Lancer he doesn't have an escape. However this is substituted by the fact that he's a tanky hero.

He also has a bit of mana problem so use mana wisely or consider a Soul Ring/ Bottle when playing with him.

Don't go CK... despite popular opinion, he's actually a pretty advanced hero. Not in that he's hard to play, but he requires a lot of knowledge about advanced mechanics such as conserving mana, and keeping a balance between farming, fighting and pushing. In addition, CK is one of those heroes who works best with a team around him... it's hard to throw him into a lineup and do well.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved