Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Your happy DOTA stories!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Your happy DOTA stories! 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 25, 2014 3:39pm | Report
We do a lot of ranting on here about how bad randoms can be, how our team let us down or just generally screwed up...we all need to get it out of our systems sometimes, but lets try something a bit more upbeat!

I'll start...

Just played a solo ranked game with a bunch of randoms. One guy said hello at the start, most of the team started joining in and chatting about who we should pick, what roles we wanted etc. People listened to each other, made compromises and responded to suggestions - e.g. getting more team fight.

We ended up with a reasonably balanced lineup:

Tidehunter - solo offlane
Tinker - mid
Lifestealer - carry
Witch Doctor - support
Earthshaker - support (me!)

versus

Bristleback
Silencer
Luna
Nyx Assassin
Bloodseeker

We divided up the support equipment buying, narrowly lost first blood at top, just before mid managed to get a kill. Still, we fought back with a couple of well taken kills in the safe lane, and managed to get good farm for our carry.

People kept chatting and not blaming, even when things weren't going great, and WD and myself divided up the support jobs so we could both just about afford some essentials. An unsuccessful smoke gank on mid didn't lead to any arguments, and we narrowly missed a chance to turn around a kill on our Tidehunter despite tp'ing in.

When their mid came to gank the safelane, we managed to turn it around and kill him, but WD and LS were both very low, with their Bristleback in hot pursuit...one well timed series of body blocks later, they were safely away. By now Lifestealer was getting frisky with some good farm and a few kills to his name, and he did some great plays to turn around another gank.

Team fights started to erupt, and the combination of Ravage and Echo Slam earned it's corn, despite my lack of a Blink Dagger. Soon we had the opposition under enormous pressure, and they cracked, with us winning a fight and then pushing down a bunch of T2 towers. Witch Doctor's Bottle and heal were shared around, along with charges from Arcane Boots. Lifestealer got really fat.

We won pretty convincingly with a series of high fives all round and nice comments to each other...all from a random ranked game!

Sure...it may not happen very often, but it just goes to show what can be done when people try to work together as a team. The result was hugely satisfying not just because of the win, but because it was a really fun and friendly game to play - exactly what DOTA should be!

So...the next time you play...try being friendly with your team mates...it just...*might* happen :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 25, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Happy dota stories .... i feel this thread wont get much love hahaha.

this was a 3k average MMR scrim.

ok so last night, had a scrim against another team it was a best of three and we lost the first one hard like 30-4 and we were tired and not really enthused but we went into game two with a different mind set.

we were going to have fun. so we picked weird heroes and lane'd them weird.

we were radiant and we drafted

Orge Magi
Skywrath Mage
Viper
Venomancer
Wraith King

against dire

Witch Doctor
Shadow Demon
Nyx Assassin
Faceless Void
Invoker

heres where we went weird

we put Orge Magi in mid against the Invoker

i went solo offlane with Viper my fourth game ever with him. against the Shadow Demon, Faceless Void and Witch Doctor.

and we had Skywrath Mage roaming a bit and Venomancer and Wraith King safelane.

they rotated mid for a gank on Ogre Magi who was winning his lane so ******** hard. and i tp'd in to save him along with the res fo the team, we got a double return kill and i got first blood the we pushed the tower hard until they started tp'ing in and we backed off then boom we got a double bottom and i got a solo top on SD.

i got a 14 minute mek aquila and treads and stick. then i went aghs and blink.

there was about 5 rosh fights and we played as a team so well. heaps of communication and our thought processes were so good. (apart from over extension by ogre) but apart from that it was a good happy game.

the fact that it was a weird draft that we didnt even think was good. and then we dominated it ... yea

happy happy happy .

sadly we didnt get to game three :( team mates had to go.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » November 25, 2014 6:14pm | Report
You guys had slow for days, 5 of them can slow, did they at least bougt force staff?

You guys will **** laugh at this.
Bb and I were screaming on mic with silencer screaming davai.
We were retartee, but look at his score :D that **** was so ******** funny
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1037817973
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » November 25, 2014 6:40pm | Report
Well, I play DOTA almost every weekend. But with bots. I don't want to focus on the real gaming by now, I can't. This weekend is the big test to start the University next year.

But I had to play DOTA in last saturday. Real doto.
Two games, half-half. The second one was the one I won.

Was All Pick. Got Kunkka mid. The first game I was the only support, with Lion. So I said 'f* this, they just pick carries, why can't I do the same?'. Our team was;

Kunkka, me - mid
Razor and Ogre Magi - bot, I believe.
Huskar and Faceless Void - top.

Well, their lanes were:

Templar Assassin mid
Spirit Breaker and Spectre bot
Sniper and Phantom Assassin top.

No supports for them. Against TA was ok, got some Torrents on her to deal with Refraction. She went out of the lane for almost 2 minutes - I checked the replay to see why: They had no courier! Till the 8 minutes of the game.

Went to gank and failed, they somehow counterganked with four man (except TA) and died, failing both Torrent and Ghost Ship; Razor said in the chat: "Kunkka OP Pro" and I laughed because it was fun after all.

Game was going on and I was the only one that farmed for sure. Landing the combos in the teamfights, I managed to get 2 triple kills. Actually, it was 3, this one Void landed a three-man Chrono and I got all of them the ult, Q and Tidebringer. But Void ksed all the kills, hahaha.

Ended with Phase, Shadow Blade, Daedalus, BKB, and MKB (but the game ended before I could get the Javelins from the base). Lots of things happened in this match, but I would stay here all day talking about it, hahah!

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 25, 2014 6:52pm | Report
oldKainen wrote:

Well, I play DOTA almost every weekend. But with bots. I don't want to focus on the real gaming by now, I can't. This weekend is the big test to start the University next year.

Same here!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » November 25, 2014 7:09pm | Report
Wait... Dota and..........happy? WHAT!? People are supposed to have fun while playing video games?!!??

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 25, 2014 9:29pm | Report
Heres mine.
I stumbled across a gamer named DAGONMETA
in an all pick game. He asked us to go mass dagons.

We all agreed.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 25, 2014 10:40pm | Report
Every won match is a happy doto...

But when can I win?????
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » November 25, 2014 11:48pm | Report
"I feel like wanna play (insert specific hero name here)."
"Doesn't matter, just random and see what I got."

Unexpectedly, I random-ed the hero which I wanted to play.

Happily ever after with the bonus golds and feeling awesome with my psychic power.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 26, 2014 12:09am | Report
MrLocket wrote:

"I feel like wanna play (insert specific hero name here)."
"Doesn't matter, just random and see what I got."

Unexpectedly, I random-ed the hero which I wanted to play.

Happily ever after with the bonus golds and feeling awesome with my psychic power.

Different on me..

I wanna play Vengeful Spirit
Teammate randomed her
This happens twice

I wanna play Treant Protector
Teammate randomed him

liek hloy shiet
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved