Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Please for the Love of God Remove Reflect Pure Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Please for the Love of God Remove Reflect Pure Damage 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » March 16, 2017 12:51pm | Report
Blade mail reflects as pure damage, so how can it reflect pure damage itself?

Maybe even make it so that blade mail reflects the pure damage you output towards yourself when you have it activated...

Why are strength heroes countering intel heroes with their own class item?

What is the strength item that an intel hero must get to counter in theory?

F blade mail, it's ruined this game from the beginning

At least make it so that blade mail can't return damage from so many yards away

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 16, 2017 1:54pm | Report
Cool **** except Blade Mail doesn't reflects pure dmg for more that a year now.

But hey, you alrdy know that mr. Kyfrog ;)

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » March 16, 2017 2:46pm | Report
so how about 50% damage returned for magic damage?

Or even 100% damage healed to self when reflecting pure damage

50% reflected for magic

50% damage healed to self on magic damage?

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 16, 2017 3:21pm | Report
Ahah this was akward XD

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 16, 2017 4:54pm | Report
Ummm, guys, Blade Mail reflects pure damage like it reflects any other damage type.

Quoted:

Returns the same damage type as received.
The return damage which the enemy takes is affected by damage manipulation normally, since it is regular magical/physical/pure damage still. This includes damage block, meaning that return damage can be blocked by damage block.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Blade_Mail

It just doesn't reflect OTHER blademail damage. It has the no-reflection flag so there's no infinite loop if there's 2 blademails.

I see no reason whatsoever why blademail shouldn't work against Timbersaw, OD, Enchantress or whatever. Blademail should reflect dagon but not Laser? You realize how silly that sounds?

Blademail is here as a counter-power against OSfrog-tier heroes that can kill people from full HP in less than 2 seconds. The item may be anti-fun but it's a form of self-balancing of the game.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 18, 2017 5:18pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Ummm, guys, Blade Mail reflects pure damage like it reflects any other damage type.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Blade_Mail

It just doesn't reflect OTHER blademail damage. It has the no-reflection flag so there's no infinite loop if there's 2 blademails.

I see no reason whatsoever why blademail shouldn't work against Timbersaw, OD, Enchantress or whatever. Blademail should reflect dagon but not Laser? You realize how silly that sounds?

Blademail is here as a counter-power against OSfrog-tier heroes that can kill people from full HP in less than 2 seconds. The item may be anti-fun but it's a form of self-balancing of the game.

Exactly, all agreed! So it doesn't "l reflects as pure damage", as our Frog friend said, which seemed to be him lost in Dota time :)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 19, 2017 12:43am | Report
So when I make an idi0tic rant everyone posts. But when I do talk sense for an actual thing I want to implement I get a binary y/n reply.

Ok you deserve kyfoid mode.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 19, 2017 1:50am | Report
Nuuuuu be fair, almost always the same loyal people comment, with more or less detail, and sometimes there's just not enough time...

Also it was funny to see our developer of the game forget about something from the game for a second there, that is all :)

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 19, 2017 2:02am | Report
It is called testing your patience, my frozen señora.

I think trolling suits the forum and blademails can be whoever they want to be
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 19, 2017 10:24am | Report
That is true ahah and it wouldn't be the same without you, so keep up the good (and bad) work!

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved