Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OD buffed or nerfed

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » OD buffed or nerfed 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » December 18, 2014 7:19pm | Report
Looking at the new update I was wondering if the changers to OD are meant to be a buff or nerf. So I would like to ask u guys what you think and why? And why you think the changes have been made at all?

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » December 18, 2014 8:45pm | Report
In my opinion, I think it was a buff. I don't know why, I don't know if it is, but the 40% at level one is really good if you ever lane.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 18, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Neither, it was a balance.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » December 19, 2014 6:59am | Report
Yeah... Sorry about earlier post... One update behind.
The increase to int steal and decrease to duration is a balance (don't really understand why, though).
Overall, I personally think it is a small nerd, imao.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 19, 2014 9:31am | Report
Izzet Cthulu wrote:

I personally think it is a small nerd, imao.

Do you mean nerf?

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » December 20, 2014 10:49am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

Do you mean nerd?

Yeah, yeah he did.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » December 20, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Thx for ur options guys I just don't get why they had to make a change like that that is not a clear improve or nerf. So why did they put in the effort to make the change at all?

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » December 20, 2014 5:54pm | Report
ThePipersSon wrote:

So why did they put in the effort to make the change at all?

To make the hero an option for the metagame. You have to understand that the heroes changes are made with the professional scene in mind first. OD wasn't a common pick by the pros in the last months, so they changed him a little to see if some team would start picking him again.

Don't know if I made my position clear, hope you understand!

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » December 20, 2014 7:58pm | Report
oldKainen wrote:

To make the hero an option for the metagame. You have to understand that the heroes changes are made with the professional scene in mind first. OD wasn't a common pick by the pros in the last months, so they changed him a little to see if some team would start picking him again.

Don't know if I made my position clear, hope you understand!

I think I get you and I hope that ur right and this will mean more pro picks as OD is one of my fav heros.

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » December 21, 2014 2:37am | Report
ThePipersSon wrote:

I think I get you and I hope that ur right and this will mean more pro picks as OD is one of my fav heros.

I doubt it. OD is a strong mid but still doesn't fit well into the meta. He still relies too heavily on getting and staying ahead.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved