Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mirana Early Aghs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Mirana Early Aghs 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » April 28, 2016 5:17pm | Report
Recently I saw my friend played Mirana and rushed Aghs as is first item. He was top with a Crystal Maiden. When I asked why did he do this, he told me it increases her farming speed as well as provide some stats to survive the early game. Does this logic hold? Should you be rushing Aghs as Mirana's first major pickup?

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 28, 2016 5:22pm | Report
Yasutsuna! SO good to see you around again :)

It's only good on offlane mirana, #3 or so...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 28, 2016 6:02pm | Report
It's legit on core Mirana, even carry Mirana when that comes out. Relative to all of the other farming items, it actually accelerates your farm rate so much. You become a very evasive split-pusher with Blink Dagger and ulti (Because Ag's and regular Starstorm clears waves by itself), it gives you desperately needed HP, and in early fights the burst damage is pretty fearsome. Or you know, the fact it can trigger multiple times in a fight.

Even makes you scarier in arrow ganks, because between Arrow and double Starstorm you can deal a maximum of 1510 magical damage to an isolated target.

And on a hero who when in a core role needs to be an item or two up, a farm accelerator like this is fantastic.

The real question becomes though how viable are core Mirana's?

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » April 28, 2016 6:41pm | Report
I actually think that the Aghanim's Scepter is more suited for a support Mirana, to be perfectly honest. Mirana's always seemed to me this weird hero that doesn't have any sort of natural item progression. Sure you can get a Desolator and a Manta Style and play her as a split pushing carry, but... why? There's no ability she has that takes advantage of those items except Leap, arguably, which gives a good attack speed boost for a few seconds but also requires you to position yourself awkwardly.

So you see that she doesn't scale well as a core and decide to build her as a support. Sure. Except... why would you play support Mirana instead of basically anything else? Her stun is amazing, but requires some setup to really get the most out of, and she doesn't have the mana pool to sustain both her spells and a Mekansm in the early game. She's decent at pushing with Star Storm, but it's nothing anyone else can't do better.

An Agh's though... it gives a support Mirana a lot of good things. More split push power, tankability, and mana pool like has been mentioned, and all the ability to burst heroes down as has been mentioned. These things can make her a high-damage support with an ultimate that lessens the need for smokes and that has her own Force Staff to escape from danger. Sounds pretty good on paper.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » April 29, 2016 3:12am | Report
I don't think you should play Mirana as a #1/#2 nor build Aghs either, but as a #3 she becomes quite the beast, specially if you itemize accordingly. What Sanvitch said.

I had been doing experiments with it then I saw Sumail's build and tried it also: it's super legit. Brow boots --> Aquila --> Hand of Midas --> Aghs --> Blink Dagger --> Whatever utility/damage/survivibility you need

Without the Midas Aghs takes too long and its build up is akward. After Aghs you take waves in "one hit" because of double start storm and if you arrow someone for enough time and he's not super tanky, he's dead.

See here my experiments: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/175327573/matches?hero=mirana

Note that even in the last game yesterday, when I was alone with my muted 1k russians and having to offlane with a feeding tony I did well on my own, because of the build (sold the Midas late because slots). Imagine this in an organized team.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved