Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's discuss Axe.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's discuss Axe. 35 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 25, 2015 8:59pm | Report

Calm down axe haters.

Cd might be nerfed to 16 seconds.

And may i say stop complaining, pick viper ursa skywrath and end his misery

"From tip to tip my wings cover.." * Axe Blade Mail "Noooooooooooooooooooooo"

On a serious note now, only one that fits here should be Viper because Troll Warlord just reks Ursa.
Another good pick against him could be Winter Wyvern. Arctic Burn and Cold Embrace are really good against him, Winter's Curse being the cherry on top of it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 25, 2015 10:19pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Berserker's Call needs a cooldown nerf. Quite badly. Otherwise the hero is fine.

^ This
10 second cooldown RP is broken because he can use it twice way too reliably with his blink cooldowns. Needs to get nerfed somewhere between 13 to 16 seconds.
I think he needs a base strength nerf as well. He's just unkillable in lane with his stupid base HP and regen...why do people even jungle him anyways?

Otherwise a lot of heroes are good against him, tanky heroes in general, heroes that can kite, heroes who deal high physical damage... Everything counters Axe past 25-30 minutes anyways.
And in lane...pick a ranged carry xD

I can add Necrophos who just wrecks him. Natural Mekansm carrier who makes his whole team more tanky in the early teamfights, and Reaper's Scythe on that conveniently positionned Axe who's sitting in the very middle of the fight.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UncleBadTouch » February 26, 2015 12:22pm | Report
I don't think that Axe is OP but he is definitely dominant right now. I find enchantress to be lolzy vs Axe and so is Bane, but mainly i just accept that for 30 minutes he is going to run around doing his thing and in pubs it too easy for him to pick off a ton of uncoordinated hamsters. I play it safe and try to early/mid game counter his team fight presence because if you can lock axe down early the game swings hard in your favor.
He had the communication ability of a cabbage with aspurgers

UncleBadTouch

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 26, 2015 5:00pm | Report
I've always found it a good strategy to just have multiple ranged disables, and spread yourselves out. So if he chooses to blink on Lina, Shadow Demon disables him and vice versa. SD is actually really good against him btw. As long as the Axe isn't insanely fed, you'll be able to kite him from there.

plug/ PLS RAED GIUDE /plug
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » February 28, 2015 8:44pm | Report
I love this hero.

Axe comes!

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » February 28, 2015 9:46pm | Report
William wrote:

I love this hero.

Axe comes!

Burn the witch!

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 28, 2015 11:11pm | Report
Stop saying Valve please. IceFrog is in charge of Dota balancing and suggestions are taken from the PlayDota site and Reddit if there are a lot of cries. Also Axe is fine, don't judge heroes based on Year Beast Brawl. Do not compare skills between heroes, because comparing skills in a vacuum is stupid.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 1, 2015 6:23am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

"From tip to tip my wings cover.." * Axe Blade Mail NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You forgot to mention the time when that happens. I. E. When axe farms. He won't.
How you farm when i spam arcane molly's up you r ***?

Your axe will cry in lane against me.

Hue and cry some more - said no axe ever.
Come
At
Me
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » March 1, 2015 8:05am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

Stop saying Valve please. IceFrog is in charge of Dota balancing and suggestions are taken from the PlayDota site and Reddit if there are a lot of cries. Also Axe is fine, don't judge heroes based on Year Beast Brawl. Do not compare skills between heroes, because comparing skills in a vacuum is stupid.

I'm not judging Axe based on Year Beast Brawl. I'm judging Axe in the way that he is a hero with VERY low means of counterplay unless you go very late, and even when he becomes a walking Berserker's Call, he is still very tough to take down and play against.

Also, what is your reasoning behind saying Axe is fine? I personally think all he needs is a bit of a CD nerf on his Q, and maybe a little less damage or proc chance on his spins. But no, as of current, Axe is not fine.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 1, 2015 8:08am | Report
Why dont they make Berserker's Call not piercing BKB? kappa
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved