Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Invoker concundrum

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Invoker concundrum 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 18, 2014 7:16am | Report
Invoker most badass hero in dota hands down, I'm still at the point where I'm noob with him, and more comfortable with Quas Exort, played it more, easier to last hit for me atm. Practicing Quas Wex a lot but it's apparent there are instances where you'd want to choose one over the other. I've fallen hard in ranked jumping right back in after a long hiatus, and watching a replay from last night, against a tanky lineup, I felt in hindsight going 4-0-4-1 would've been more beneficial to the team. I didn't do too hot, and just didn't have the date to help out when it was needed (night stalker kept suiciding for kills and sniper fed a lot) but I could've done more with damage:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/615054638

This is an older match where changing the build to max exort made a huge difference:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/473177258

In what instances would Quas Exort be superior to Quas Wex and vice versa?
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 18, 2014 8:08am | Report
It mostly depends on your lineup, if your team needs more damage quas exort is the way to go. It is also better at splitpushing and farming up.

But quas wex give your team great controll and counter initiation.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » April 18, 2014 10:06am | Report
Exort gives better pushing power and much better single target damage. Sunstrike is useful if you've got something like a Clockwerk or long disable and want to be able to contribute without leaving your lane. QE Voker is also about as close to autowin as it gets in terms of mid matchups (OD being the only one that isn't completely destroyed)

Wex gives Tornado+ EMP, which is (no exaggeration) possibly the best single-hero teamfight combo in the game right now.

Exort for gank and push, Wex for teamfight. It really depends on your ally picks, but in most games I find Wex is more useful.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 18, 2014 3:40pm | Report

Sunstrike is useful if you've got something like a Clockwerk or long disable and want to be able to contribute without leaving your lane.

Saw a match today where the Sunstrike was constantly and successfully chained onto a Centaur Warruner Stomp.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 18, 2014 6:18pm | Report
If what you said about the match is true; then it wasn't really your fault. Hard to win when two of your guys keep on dying all the time. Also not fond of the four core line up. Your decision to go Quas Wex would be right due to the high need of CC.

Your Quas Exort build earlier was good cause your team already had CC through shaman and Jakiro.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 19, 2014 9:51am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Saw a match today where the Sunstrike was constantly and successfully chained onto a Centaur Warruner Stomp.

Dk vs IG when Iceiceice and Mushi were crushing IG, was awesome, awesome indeed

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 19, 2014 10:26am | Report
Quas- Wex --> Initiation and mana burn
Quas- Exort --> Pushing power and global kill secure (for aggressive tri/dual lanes)
Really, it's that easy.

I usually go QW because the mana burn is kinda overpowered at the moment, plus I like the extra movement speed and early presence: with QE you might get some kills with the Sun Strike, but with QW you can go ganking and win a lane. QE Invoker has those Forge Spirits that work wonders with Lycanthrope, another top tier Hero, but versus a tanky lineup I'd probably go QW anyway unless they have no counterpush or you can really abuse that Sun Strike. You can still max Exort second with the QW build if you feel the Chaos Meteor is needed.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 19, 2014 11:13am | Report

Quas- Wex --> Initiation and mana burn
Quas- Exort --> Pushing power and global kill secure (for aggressive tri/dual lanes)
Really, it's that easy.

I usually go QW because the mana burn is kinda overpowered at the moment, plus I like the extra movement speed and early presence: with QE you might get some kills with the Sun Strike, but with QW you can go ganking and win a lane. QE Invoker has those Forge Spirits that work wonders with Lycanthrope, another top tier Hero, but versus a tanky lineup I'd probably go QW anyway unless they have no counterpush or you can really abuse that Sun Strike. You can still max Exort second with the QW build if you feel the Chaos Meteor is needed.

I think this description and watching replays in conjunction, I was sitting mid with QW not moving until it was too late. I played it like QE, farming mid..minus sun strike. I'll work on it, I just need to get the timing down for EMP, I blew it a few times.

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 19, 2014 11:37am | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

I think this description and watching replays in conjunction, I was sitting mid with QW not moving until it was too late. I played it like QE, farming mid..minus sun strike. I'll work on it, I just need to get the timing down for EMP, I blew it a few times.

Tornado + EMP

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 19, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Tornado + EMP

The timing changes depending on your level of Quas and Wex, so it's not exactly straightforward.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved