Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How much mouse dpi you use for Dota2 ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How much mouse dpi you use for Dota2 ? 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

I wanne know how much mouse dpi you use for Dota 2?
0 - 800 dpi with windows 6/11
801 - 1200 dpi with windows 6/11
1201 - 1800 dpi with windows 6/11
1800 - above with windows 6/11
Total other setting, explain..
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by XQlusive » May 28, 2015 7:52am | Report
Hello guys,

I wanne know how much mouse dpi you use for Dota 2?
Because i use 800 dpi, do i fall behind against someone with 1800 dpi?
or do you use 600dpi and lower for insane precision never miss a hit.
I really want to know your guys setting Im mousehollic and i always want to improve :)

Thanks for answering the poll and explanation and opinion :)

XQlusive

Steam: JwZz. XQlusiveNL
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » May 28, 2015 8:14am | Report
I think mouse settings don't matter that much as long as you're comfortable with what you play. I use 2.4k, because I don't have much space to move my mouse on my desk so it's more comfortable with 2.4k. If I had more space I'd probably use 800-1.6k since I'm used to that from playing at a different desk. I used to play 4.2/3.6k before, but ultimately the precision of 800-1.6k felt better.

For dota I think speed might be more useful than precision, because hitboxes are rather large in comparison to shooters, so someone who has played shooters ahould have more problems with the apm than the precision.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » May 28, 2015 11:50am | Report
I'm playing with 2000 dpi because it feels naturally for me in Windows.
I agree with KrDotoBestDoto. It doesn't matter if you use 800, 5000 or 12000 as long as you're comfortable with it and have no problems with accuracy or quick aiming. Additionally there are settings in Windows for speeding your mouse and in most games you can change it too so that your hardware based dpi setting says nothing about your preference.

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved