Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Encourage forum-er to create more hero guides for less mentioned hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Encourage forum-er to create more hero guides for less mentioned hero 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » October 25, 2014 12:41am | Report
I learnt that most of the guide here focused on same heroes, such as Meepo, Invoker. For heroes that are not-so-popular like Night Stalker, Visage, they are rarely being mentioned!

What's really in my mind is we should create more guides for those heroes who are still remains in the forgotten land so we can bring in more viewers and supports to this website in order to fit the position of being the one of the biggest DotA 2 forum on internet!

I'm quite new here and this issue are the only issue in this forum I found so far. People are friendly, helpful, smart, handsome and pretty, that's why I love this forum and now my first guide is under construction!

It's really nice to see that all of the heroes have more guides of themselves than they deserved.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 25, 2014 12:54am | Report
Apart from adding something like "Needed guides" for Heroes which guides are outdated, and some warning to not create a guide that describes the same concept as all of the previous on this Hero, I don't see the way of encouraging writing these guides.

Btw where is our Guide-Guru? Haven't heard of him for awhile.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 25, 2014 1:12am | Report
true. i was surprised when i only saw ONE guide of Troll Warlord

there are some factors:

-Popularity. This is divided:
1. The effectiveness of the hero and its trend
2. The actual fun factor. its not odd that there are mnany Pudge guides out there
These two factors are also affected by personal player preference

-The existence. divided again:
1. New heroes like Techies took time for people to actually learn and master
2. The added status: some heroes like pit lord isnt added yet, and not many know about them
These kinds of heroes are mostly played by DotA 1 veterans, which may be rarer these days. however, whenever a guide of non-added heroes came, it is usually good and detailed

-Usage, Strenght, and Weaknesses
1. Heroes that wasn't in captains mode yet may means it wasnt comprehended much enough. Example : the new Bloodseeker and Phantom Lancer: what is their true potential? how strong are they truly?
2. Earth Spirit too is not comprehended enough. people said he is strong, but is there a solid way to counter him? the same could be said to the new Phantom Lancer.

I hope i clarified :)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 25, 2014 1:18am | Report
im making a Riki guide right now.

i'm thinking of making a guide on Phantom Assassin too.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » October 25, 2014 2:10am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

true. i was surprised when i only saw ONE guide of Troll Warlord

there are some factors:

-Popularity. This is divided:
1. The effectiveness of the hero and its trend
2. The actual fun factor. its not odd that there are mnany Pudge guides out there
These two factors are also affected by personal player preference

-The existence. divided again:
1. New heroes like Techies took time for people to actually learn and master
2. The added status: some heroes like pit lord isnt added yet, and not many know about them
These kinds of heroes are mostly played by DotA 1 veterans, which may be rarer these days. however, whenever a guide of non-added heroes came, it is usually good and detailed

-Usage, Strenght, and Weaknesses
1. Heroes that wasn't in captains mode yet may means it wasnt comprehended much enough. Example : the new Bloodseeker and Phantom Lancer: what is their true potential? how strong are they truly?
2. Earth Spirit too is not comprehended enough. people said he is strong, but is there a solid way to counter him? the same could be said to the new Phantom Lancer.

I hope i clarified :)

Nice explanation +1

That's the reason that we should encourage to those who can use these not-so-popular heroes well to share their thoughts and knowledge of these heroes, which will bring a lot of helps to those beginner who want to learn.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 25, 2014 5:25am | Report
I know what you mean, part of the reasoning behind making my Dragon Knight Guide was that all the current Guides were all 2 years out of date. I also considered Nightstalker, but no one seemed to care about him, even though he is incredibly fun... 8{(

It's probably time I made my 2nd Guide anyway, but let's see if I can stir things up with other people as well... 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 25, 2014 7:55am | Report
Doing one on Puck, since I felt the others weren't adequate.

And yeah, where is the Guide-Guru?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » October 27, 2014 12:48am | Report
Was thinking about making a visage guide... but I kinda need to brush up on my supporting skills again. I seem to be KSing with him a bit... to much.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 27, 2014 2:43am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Was thinking about making a visage guide... but I kinda need to brush up on my supporting skills again. I seem to be KSing with him a bit... to much.

You shouldnt give a **** about KS'ing, visage is incredible with farm, and it is his nature to 'KS' since his nuke doesnt go first and does a LOT of damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 27, 2014 2:43am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

I cant blame you. The gargoyles are REALLY decent to KS. That and Soul Assumption
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved